• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite programming language?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Just started learning Python, participating in #100 Days of Coding.

Anyone studying anything? May learn some C# on the side.
I would look at Kaggle notebooks for Python
Very interesting

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Morax

King of heroes
HTML is a mark up language
“A programming language is any set of rules that converts strings, or graphical program elements in the case of visual programming languages, to various kinds of machine code output.”

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I usually don’t like doing the “appeal to experts,” but I will make an exception in this case…

Coding and programming can be, but are not always the same, as described below:
“A programming language is any set of rules that converts strings, or graphical program elements in the case of visual programming languages, to various kinds of machine code output.”
HTML does not compile to machine code, it is strictly an instruction for the web browser (which is a program) on how to format content. The same as changing formatting in a text editor, or using Markdown or BB Code.

So while writing HTML is certainly coding, you cannot write a program in HTML. You would write your program in some other language, and possibly embed it in an HTML page.

A great explainer for those curious: https://ischool.syr.edu/why-html-is-not-a-programming-language/

To answer the thread, many years ago I would have said C#, but I've forgotten most of it at this point as I don't do much programming any more. Python is a great language, though. Very powerful and easy to use.

Jade_M

I said so because, developers laught at me, when I said that HTML is a programming language. They strongly disagreed with me.
But as for me your statement looks like a true

bichyungu

When I initially learned C++, I struggled. But then I did Python and Java and realised how similar the three were. Now I realised C++ was not difficult to learn. It was time-consuming.
I guess Python as the answer.

Morax

King of heroes
When I initially learned C++, I struggled. But then I did Python and Java and realised how similar the three were. Now I realised C++ was not difficult to learn. It was time-consuming.
While C++ has a steeper learning curve than python, i still prefer the former over the latter.

Sham

The Guardian of War
You're typically taught C++ in school for that reason. It's one of the harder languages so if you get that one some of the others should be easier

JosephJensen

i really like java language and i usually use vscode coding software at apktome one of but the site gives me a lot of free coding software and i have to pay money to buy it