• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Psychic type

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Gen 1 Mew
Gen 2 Espeon
Gen 3 Latias
Gen 4 Gallade
Gen 5 Victini
Gen 6 Meowstic
Gen 7 Cosmog
Gen 8 Hattrem

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
  1. Alakazam
  2. Espeon
  3. Gardevoir, Baltoy, Latias and Latios
  4. Gallade, Mesprit and Azelf
  5. Meloetta
  6. Delphox and Meowstic
  7. Oricorio (Pa'u Style), Tapu Lele, Solgaleo and Lunala
  8. Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, Orbeetle, Hatterene and Indeedee

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
1) Exeggutor
2) Girafarig
3) Grumpig, Wynaut, or Deoxys
4) Mime Jr
5) Victini or Elgyem/Beheeyem
6) Delphox but I honestly like all this gen’s Psychic types a lot.
7) Oranguru, Solagleo, or Necrozma (base and Ultra)
8)Orbeetle

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
1) Three way tie: Abra line, Drowzee line and Mew
2) Espeon

Will be adding onto this

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Gen I - Starmie
Gen II - Girafarig or Lugia
Gen III - Gardevoir
Gen IV - Gallade
Gen V - Musharna
Gen VI - Delphox
Gen VII - Cosmog
Gen VIII - Hatterene

RedJirachi

Veteran member
  • Gen I: It has to go to Mewtwo! The OG and a great example of what legendaries should be, and very well-developed
  • Gen II: Espeon. It has always been my favorite of the Eevelutions
  • Gen III: Metagross. Favorite psuedo-legendary
  • Gen IV: It's an odd choice, but I'm going with Bronzong. Its abilities really sold me on it when mixed with the type coverage, and rather tanky. Useful if I can't have Metagross
  • Gen V: Sigilyph. I had a surprising amount of fun with it in my Gen V playthrough
  • Gen VI: Malamar. I like how sinister it is and enjoyed Contrary, also its oxymoronic typing
  • Gen VII: Nebby

Alita54

(Mega) Mewtwo. Honorary mentions to mew, (Mega) Gardevoir, abra, kadabra, (Mega) Alakazam, Lugia, Espeon, Slowking, (Mega) Slowbro, slowpoke, Lunala, Tapu lele, and Hypno.

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Gen VI: Malamar. I like how sinister it is and enjoyed Contrary, also its oxymoronic typing

Malamar was one of the very few Pokémon in the anime who was all-out evil, not just a Saturday morning cartoon villain like Jessie and James's Meowth.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Psychic is a type I enjoy using, but it's not a type I always try to put on teams. I'd say my favourite Psychic-type is Delphox, because it's the starter I usually used when I first started playing X and Y and it does well against Korrina and Ramos. I also like the Abra family, but I'm always put off from using them because of the trade evolution (I have no friends), so I end up using the Ralts family a lot instead (Gardevoir is very good). Once I get Shield I plan to use Galarian Rapidash, because the Psychic Ponyta instantly won me over when it was announced.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Legendary: Lugia

Non-Legendary: Galarian-Rapidash, Espeon, Metagross

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
Apparently my liking of the psychic type comes from the plethora of psychic legendaries I enjoy, and I seem to want to list my top 10 favorite Pokemon by type without using legendaries……so my pickings are limited. On the plus side, first rating with a gen 8 Pokemon, so that's neat.

10. Medicham (I really like the monk like ascetics of this Pokemon and have enjoyed using it in a few let’s plays)
9. Sigilyph (This weird looking Nazca line, totem pole bird thing just tickles my fancy in ways that I don’t think I can fully explain. I probably like it because I enjoy historical sites and history in general, I don't know.)
8. Slowking (I have a bit of a fondness for this regal looking Pokemon thanks to the second Pokemon movie)
7. Gardevoir (A Pokemon that can look both like an elegant woman in a gown and a fancy mage? Sign me up!)
6. Metagross (Surprised I enjoyed using this Pokemon as much as I have in the past. I love its robotic, metal golem-like look)
5. Gallade (I enjoy this gallant knight, and was so happy to see Wally mega evolve his in the 3rd gen remakes)
4. Meowstic (I love cats, and Nekomatas are so cool. I prefer the male design to the female one but both are really great)
3. Orbeetle (Wow, this Pokemon shot right up to my #3 spot. Orbeetle was a beast in my very first playthrough of 8 gen, and I absolutely adore it.)
2. Delphox (Another Pokemon with a mage ascetic, and I adore foxes. It also reminds me a bit of mages from the Dragon Age games which is another game series I love)
1. Espeon (Another nekomata inspired psychic type, and an eeveelution to boot, I just can't get enough of this beautiful psychic type)

Last edited: