• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Psychic type

for the psychic type:
both Espeon and Meowstic (both male and female) easily take my vote and heart for the psychic type, love the psychic kitties... no surprise, as felines are my most favorite species, so any Pokemon based on them I love them (i also love foxes)

for each gen:
1st gen: Mew - only love it for its cute feline appearance, does remind me of when one of my cats was kitten, playful and always fun to try to catch
2nd gen: Espeon - love of felines, so much fun to draw, my main sona on Deviant Art, and most of my drawings and fan fics is an Espeon
3rd gen: ??? - don't have any favorite psychic types from Hoenn
4th gen: ??? - don't have any favorite psychic types from Sinnoh
5th gen: ??? - don't have any favorite psychic types from Unova
6th gen: Meowstic - love that psychic kitty, I favor male more than the female, so cute looking, Delphox would fit as its also part psychic, I think of it more of a fire type
7th gen: Solgaleo - awesome lion, love its design
8th gen: ??? - don't have any favorite psychic types from Galar

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Updating my older post, I'd say after using Galarian Rapidash on my Shield team, it's now overtaken Delphox as my favourite Psychic-type. I never had any problems with it, and the battle animations and the way its mane lights up are really cool. I never got much use out of the Pastel Veil ability, and I ran my Rapidash as a speedy physical attacker instead of the support its probably supposed to be, but it was still a very welcome addition to my team. Delphox and Gardevoir are tied for a very close second behind Galarian Rapidash for my favourite Psychic-type now.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Alakazam
065.png

I mean it is the OG Psychic type, what's not to like? It just feels powerful, probably due to its fearsome reputation in the original Kanto games as the premier sweeper of teams. Blue had one, Sabrina's was supposedly terrifying, and I think that in every generation it was accessible in it would have been an amazing choice as a special attacker. The fact that you got one at Level 16 (at minimum) would have certainly helped. Plus it has a dope moustache! Awesome stuff.
Slowbro
080.png
080-g.png

I love both Slowbro forms, although I've never liked training up a Slowpoke (so any playthrough I tried to use it was a failure) so I've not actually used one yet. Making Galarian Slowpoke's evolution only obtainable when you have Bike Surf was a dumb choice and it makes me sad. But that's basically the only downside to the line! They're bulky, Regenerator is an awesome ability to have, I love how dopey they look and they tend to learn good moves. What's not to love?
Claydol
344.png

I'm probably never going to end up using this strange Pokemon because Hoenn has a lot of cool Ground types (like Swampert, Whiscash, Camerupt and Flygon) and Gardevoir exists as a Psychic type I'd rather use but this is a super cool Pokemon! It's just so weird and wacky, yet ancient and (supposedly) powerful, and I liked the Frontier Brain who used it in the anime (whose name escapes me). That's about it really.
Lunala
792.png

It's a moon bat, the moon is pretty cool and bats are too. I do love the story of Nebby and its growth from a weak little ball of gas who can't stay in the goddamn bag into a giant moon bat which can travel through space and all that jazz. Plus it's part Ghost! That's awesome. Shame Lunala-Necrozma sucks a ton, that was a big disappointment.
Hatterene
858.png

It clobbers people who show too much emotion, and it's a witch! Plus something about trans rights (colour scheme at least) which is cool. I like that it's a counterpart to Grimmsnarl although a second Fairy/Psychic type was kind-of lame (Fairy/Fighting could've been cool) but hey ho. I love it and its entire evolution line, it's pretty cool.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Lunala
792.png

It's a moon bat, the moon is pretty cool and bats are too. I do love the story of Nebby and its growth from a weak little ball of gas who can't stay in the goddamn bag into a giant moon bat which can travel through space and all that jazz. Plus it's part Ghost! That's awesome. Shame Lunala-Necrozma sucks a ton, that was a big disappointment.

Oh yes, Nebby would never stay in the bag. :p
Also, I think the Lunala-Necrozma fusion is called Dawn Wings.

Red and Blue

Gen 1: Mewtwo, Mew, Mr. Mine
Gen 2: Espeon, Celebi
Gen 3: Gardevoir and Deoxys
Gen 4: Gallade
Gen 5: Victini, Elygem, Meloetta,
Gen 6: None of the Psychic types introduced in Gen 6 appealed to me.
Gen 7: Oranguru, Alolan Raichu
Gen 8: Orbeetle, Galarian Ponyta, Hatterene, Calyrex

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
First to come to mind was Abra. I also like Mew & Mewtwo.

For some reason I like Mr. Mime. Probably because I did that in game trade in Blue, first time I played through.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Metagross is my favorite Psychic type.

The new Galarian Slowking is getting up there.

Also, with the huge amount of Psychic legendaries, I like Deoxys, Uxie, Lunala and Calyrex.

My most favorite Psychic type would probably be Alolan Raichu

Even though I like Solgaleo more than Raichu, I honestly like Raichu more as a Psychic type than Solgaleo

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
I'm going with a Top 10.

- Starmie: in its whole simplicity, a totally beautiful Pokémon - as beautiful as a jewel that fell from space.
- Exeggutor: despite that ugly Bug-type weakness, this living palm tree is tough enough and has an amazing movepool's versatility on a more than good Special Attack's stat.
- Slowbro (Galar): these shades of purple look brilliant and do not fail to make this slow yet at times quick Pokémon seem even cuter than how it should actually be.
- Xatu: is this a living Egyptian wall painting? That was my thought, the very first time I came across this Pokémon... and I still appreciate it as such.
- Gallade: by far the most interesting and carefully made Ralts' evolutionary stage, in my humble opinion, as it actually can only be male. It looks extremely gorgeous.
- Reuniclus: Magic Guard is among the abilities' list I like in a most peculiar way, and this excellent Pokémon totally has my seal of approval.
- Gothitelle: this black sorceress' stance makes me think of a wall: both of its defensive stats are indeed great, though thanks to Competitive can also "punch" pretty hard.
- Oranguru: it is beautiful and, in addition to that, features a few Grass-type's distinguishing marks which drive me crazy - let's be clear here, that woven leaves' fan makes this Pokémon look extremely sleek and refined.
- Hatterene: the evolutionary chain of this witch is structured in the same way as those of the two Unova's Pokémon: Reuniclus and Gothitelle. I'm really not surprised about the fact I love this Galar's Pokémon just as much.
- Lugia: those defensive stats are perfection to start with; though as a particular characteristic of this legendary Pokémon, I must give my biggest reward to those silver wings which resemble two giant hands.

Thanks for reading.