• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Quotes on Pokémon mangas

Ludger

スポック
Favorite Quotes on Pokémon mangas

Emm, why we dont have such kind of this thread. Alright, let me start it.
Anything about quotes can be discussed here. It is one reason why I love poké manga

My favorite is when Pryce lies about perception of pokémon and tell that pokémon should be loved and created to be loved in Pokemon Special manga

Come on. There must be a lot of quotes not only in pokespe manga.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Cool thread. I thought of a couple of quotes:

-In volume 7 of the DPA manga, Hareta and Jun's explanations for what happened to Cyrus:
"Maybe he went fishing? He uses a Gyarados, after all!"
"Nah...he probably started a rock band! He's got the hairdo for it!"
I thought those were really funny. XD

-In volume 34 of Special, the very end of chapter 377 shows the Sinnoh trio crying on their first full day apart, with the quote "From today...I'll be all by myself..." on the page. I like that quote because I love how it shows that the three of them really care about each other and how close they became while traveling together.

There are about 983136 other quotes I like, but I don't feel like searching through all my books right now. :/

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Volume 12 Pokemon Adventures between Gold and Crystal on sweet potatoes: "Would you like one? Don't eat to much, though. We don't want you getting fat."
I have several scenes I love and I need to flip through my books to remember them but this one will always stand out to me the most. Gold's such a ladies man to Crystal with that line XD

Schade

Metallic Wonder
When Dia and Pearl go "When you think of Pokemon!"

-Hayward-

Ronin Harrier
Without a doubt, Diamond's speech about time and space.

This is exactly why I enjoy Adventures so much. It's all about character development. For Diamond, who's always the funny-man of the comedy duo, it shows such a depth of emotion. Not to make too big a deal about it, but I don't know...just something about it connected with me. It seemed so heartfelt and kind of summarized the world, I think, Pokemon was trying to create.

Ludger

スポック
Without a doubt, Diamond's speech about time and space.

This is exactly why I enjoy Adventures so much. It's all about character development. For Diamond, who's always the funny-man of the comedy duo, it shows such a depth of emotion. Not to make too big a deal about it, but I don't know...just something about it connected with me. It seemed so heartfelt and kind of summarized the world, I think, Pokemon was trying to create.

Wow, by telling that you make me remember that I have to be like Dia. Alright, emm no one seems to like FranticShipping canon thing. I really shoked by that scene because it is special and I think that is the best canon I can remember so far

Ludger

スポック
Ahh come on. At least the other manga beside DPA and Pokemon Adventures

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
"I'm fine with being stupid!" --Hareta

I don't know the exact wording, but when Kaede mutters that Erika must have flowers in her head from PokeWake.

Ludger

スポック
Ahh you had back as well, perfect.

outrageddranger

Pokemon Freak
"If you recognise this cape, there is no need to say my name. If you do not recognise this cape, you are not worth to know my name." - Champion Wallace

Orbis

What?
I really like the one in vol. 5 of Special:
"I'll get a lot more than peace out of finding him!"
This really made me go "What... the... frack????" because I have a dirty mind. Yup... LuckyShipping for the win! But I also really like Archie's line in the RS chapter... "GO! TO! HELL!" I've screamed that when battling people...

Aura Sensei™

User Title
D / P / Pt v.1 Pearl:"Speaking of attacks...There are lots of 'em!"

Diamond:"There sure are!"

Pearl:"What's your favorite?"

Diamond:"Softboiled,Egg Bomb,Eggs Over Easy,Sunny Side Up..."

Pearl:"Sounds like you just like Eggs!"

I love that one.It always makes me laugh.