• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Quotes?

Peter Quill

star-lord
Pretty simple, share your favorite quotes for all of us to see. Inspirational, evil, whatever. As long as they're quotes, and at least somewhat interesting, it's all good.

For me, I have two that I particularly like.

"Nothing shall I, while sane, compare with a friend." - Homer.

I tend to compare things with my friends a lot, so I always found this one good. Just relax, you're a good enough person by yourself, don't go around looking for things that people just happen to be better than you at. Same with things that people are worse at.

"The pursuit of perfection has no end!" - Unkown

It never ends, because it can't be attained. Or at least that's how I see it, it's something that you always need to strive for.

So yeah, cool quotes from you guys now. go.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
These are copy&pasted from my personal info on Facebook. There's three 'sensible' ones and three that amused me:

"Great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget." - G. Randolf

"...at some point of your lives, every one of you will notice that you have in your life one person, one friend whom you love and care for very much. That person is so close to you that you are able to share some things only with him. For example, you can call that friend, and from the very first maniacal laugh or some other joke you will know who is at the other end of that line... And then when that person is gone, there will be nothing like that in your life ever again." - Christopher Lee

"There is one notable thing about our Christianity: bad, bloody, merciless, money-grabbing, and predatory. The invention of hell measured by our Christianity of today, bad as it is, hypocritical as it is, empty and hollow as it is, neither the deity nor his son is a Christian, nor qualified for that moderately high place. Ours is a terrible religion. The fleets of the world could swim in spacious comfort in the innocent blood it has spilled." - Mark Twain

"Before you insult someone, try walking a mile in their shoes. That way, when you insult them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." - The wall of the shoe department in River Island in Liverpool

"Pray with me: Dear Lord...Just STAY OUT OF OUR WAY." - Stewie Griffin, Family Guy

"I believe...whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you...stranger." - The Joker, The Dark Knight

(Don't anyone try to start an argument over the Mark Twain one. I won't be drawn into it.)

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it. " - Edger Allen Poe
"Want some advice? Stay alive" - Haymitch, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
"The truth is a buidiful and horrible thing. It should be handled with great Caution." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and The Philosophers Stone by J.K. Rowling
"It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality." - Chiron, The Lightning Thief

Just a couple of my favorites, there will be more.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
"How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?" -Dr. Seuss

"Don't ever for any reason do anything to anyone for any reason ever. No matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been... EVER. For any reason whatsoever." — Michael Scott, The Office

"...and by the way, driving a Prius does not make you Jesus Christ!" -Glenn Quagmire, Family Guy

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
"True friends are like diamonds, precious but rare.
False friends are like autumn leaves, found everywhere." ~ Anonymous

This was on a little plaque in my mom's house when I was little. I treasure its meaning very well. :)

The Fire Starter

"Give up on me giving up." -Naruto Uzumaki. Short, simple, bold, cliche. I like it.

Pretty much all of Sheik's Dialogue from Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Most of the dialogue between Goku and Frieza, namely:

Goku: "I'd rather be a brainless monkey than a heartless monster!"

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
I know a few sayings,

"Man who goes to bed with itchy butt, wakes up with smelly finger"
Idk if it was confucious who said this but ill never forget this.

"Assume is a funny little word. It makes an ***** out of u and me"
Well I heard this one from my own father.

And some i live by.

"Sad is stupid." A good freind of mine.

Aaaand one of my personal favorites,

"HI FLOOR!! MAKE ME A SAMMICH!" Gir of Invader Zim

I finde myself repeating that line almost once a week. XD

SmartD

From Darkwing Duck

"Let's get dangerous!"

Afr0 M0th

Coffee Guru
The wind... It is blowing...

from LOZ:ww. Never understood its meaning...

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffet

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Ghandi

"Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up."

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Kisothwulf

Comes here once in a while during a fandom spurt.
First, some funny ones! Some from friends, myself, and other lovable characters. :D

"I love you... platonically."

"Hey you! Yeah, you! You're in the way of my eye candy! Get outta the way of my eye candy!"

"I make a pretty smexy Banquo if I do say so myself."

"Thpontaneouthry combuthted." ~ Poshul, Chrono Cross

"We are the Knights of... Ni!" ~ Knights of Ni, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"He's a boy, and he's my friend... but he's not my boyfriend!" ~ Misty

"FIGHT FIRE. WITH YOUR FISTS." ~ Courage Wolf

Now some serious ones...

"Coward. You're a grown man, aren't you? So stop crying, because I have." ~ Rydia, Final Fantasy IV

"In the ninja world, those who break the rules are scum, that's true, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." ~ Kakashi Hatake

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" ~ Naruto Uzumaki

The Fire Starter

The wind... It is blowing...

from LOZ:ww. Never understood its meaning...

My perception is that he refers to life. It is constantly moving, dooming some and granting to others. Ganondorf realizes that he has been doomed.

Penguinist Trainer

"...any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep."
- Clive Barker

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
My grandpa told me this...And is still one of my favorites:
"if it bothers u destroy it, otherwise burn it down and run away"
Man pure pearls of wisdom...
Predator:
"If it bleeds it can be killed"
Rambo
"They drew first blood"
SNO tomokis grandpa
"If they have boobs, what's the problem?"
Those are the ones that come to my mind.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
"Put That cookie down! NOW!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger.
"Solent Green is PEEEOOPLEEE!!!!!" - Charlton Heston.
"You're Mother Sucks C0cks in Hell!" - Pazuzu.
"There's no such Thing as a stupid Question, untill YOU ask it!" - ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
"ZUUL, MOTHER****ER, ZUUL!"

- The Nostalgia Critic

Cracks me up every time.

And a few from MTG cards:

"Every reality is but the dream of another, and each sleeper is a god unknowing."

- Venser

"Home is where you can find a decent graveyard and where strangers disappear without asking awkward questions."

- Braids

"Some have said that there's no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard

"Run home now, cur. I've already taken your master's head. Don't make me thrash you with it."

- Radha

There are some, more, I'll try poking my head around my dusty old tomes...

HanoiRose

NIPPON BONZAI!
"Sea turtles, mate!"

-Various Pirates of the Caribbean charecters

Dunno why, I just love that line.
That's all I can think of right now

Spookz

Lumos
On of my friends coined this one: No one ever told us playing pretend was so hard.

It has several different meanings to me, the less personal being that it relates to my work in the theatre. The more personal reasons are why I finally decided to get it tattooed on my forearm, just as a reminder to myself.

Profesco

gone gently
"Only two things in this world are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

"I am wise because I know that I know nothing." Socrates

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" Albus Dumbledore

Really, anything Dumbledore has ever said falls into my "favorite quotes" folder.

Pikapwned3

Mr. Pringles
"Where is the food? I want food! FOOD! FOOD!" - An actor potraying Sokka in the Last Airbender.

Salesperson: "What's that?"
A Country Bear: -looks up from newspaper- "A sign... Yup. It's a sign."

"When it rains, you put on a coat!" - Flint Lockwood?

And my favorite, (although not true)
"Pokemon don't deserve respect. If given too much love, they'll let their guard down." - Icy Pryce

Last edited: