• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Quotes

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Your Favorite Quote

I felt like making a thread,and I didn't see any threads for this, so here I am. Post your personal favorite quote of all time and feel free to comment. My favorite quote is this: "Time is the greatest teacher of all. But in the end, he kills all of his disciples." Don't remember who made this one, but it's a good quote in my opinion.

Danny1221

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

This is a good one for all teenagers really, since it often applies to work. Also another common one;

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Livi

Memory Seeker
''We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.''

Mevejuma

Definitely gotta be this one:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Crazy_Possum

"I am an anarchist, like any other sensible person." T.H. White's Merlyn from The Book of Merlyn
"That's just it. That's the excitin' part of it, what? No hair and no next of skin, and who's to succeed to the throne? That's what my friar was so excited about, what, and why he was asking who could succeed to what, what? What?" White's King Pellinore in The Once and Future King.
White was a comic genius. Anyone who hasn't should read his books. Anyone who has should read them again.

History, or whatever deus ex machina arranges the affairs of men, indulges an occasional taste for irony." Barbara Tuchman in A Distant Mirror

"Don't question my sanity, you won't get an answer." Me to a friend.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
— C.S. Lewis​

Buchou

filch some swag
"Great and good are seldom the same man." -Winston Churchill.

I love most of his quotes though.

grayzoroark

Dark Type Gym Leader
Sanitation,expiration date, question everything, or shut up and be a victim of authority
-Green Day

AND

May god have mercy on my enemies, because i wont
-Borderlands

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! but enough talk, have at you!" - Dracula from Castlevania: symphony of the night

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Everything from "The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" speciffically: 'The ship hung in the sky in much the same way bricks dont'. LOL

Phoopes

There it is.
Favorite Video Game Quote: "All your base are belong to us."

Favorite Movie Quote: "It's a trap!"

Favorite TV Quote: "Over 9000!!!!!"

Favorite Internet Quote: "It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!"

Jimmy1

Pokemon Master
I have nothing to fear because I have nothing to hide!

Seem

Hollen i ven.
If we don't end war, war will end us.

- H.G. Wells

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who overcomes his enemies.

- Aristotle

If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.

- J.R.R Tolkein

And every other J.R.R Tolkein quote in existence.

Last edited:

Randomness

He is already here.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the screaming passengers in his car.

^^All kinds of epic.

Universe Chaser

Trust me, I'm a cop.
There are men, and then there are men. I belong in both categories.