• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Quotes

iAm_Michael

Mike Is Da Best!
Oh yeah... xD

There was in the episode where Ash first met Brock...

Brock: Are you sure it's okay if I come with you on your Pokemon journey?
Ash: Sure! It's great to have someone to talk to for a change!
Brock: What about that girl who's always following you?
Misty: You will pay for what you did to my bike, Ash Ketchum, and I'll follow you around until you do!
Ash: I KNOW!

I love it when she brings up the bike lol, it's obvious she's using it as an excuse, but it's hilarious. Especially when they are leaving Cinnabar Island, and she was wondering why she was even mad at him in the first place, and then she remembered that he ruined her bike and chased him off lol.

*~Silver*~

I love it when she brings up the bike lol, it's obvious she's using it as an excuse, but it's hilarious. Especially when they are leaving Cinnabar Island, and she was wondering why she was even mad at him in the first place, and then she remembered that he ruined her bike and chased him off lol.

Yeah. xD Brock shouldn't have brought up how mad she was at him for the longest time. xD

iAm_Michael

Mike Is Da Best!
This may not be a quote, but more of a reference to the whole series. Oh the irony that people dedicate their whole lives looking for rare Pokemon and other things, and never find it. Yet a 10 year old kid can find every single rare Pokemon or items without even trying. Even in his first few hours as a trainer with Ho-oh!
Irony at it's best!

*~Silver*~

Hmm... I guess there is some truth in that... Maybe it's easier to find something when you're not looking for it... xD

Ash: Wow, imagine Brock, married!
Misty: You and I will be married someday, too.
Ash:Mhm....WHAT!?

His reaction was priceless!

That's Ash for you. lol.

iAm_Michael

Mike Is Da Best!
Of course one of my favorites is Misty's last quote as a main character.
"So Ash Ketchum...finally I know how you feel about me."
So emotional when I was a child. xD

Of course one of my favorites is Misty's last quote as a main character.
"So Ash Ketchum...finally I know how you feel about me."
So emotional when I was a child. xD

That made me cry like hell. Best goodbye in the Pokemon series to me.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
my favortive is

brock: i should wright a book about the heart ach and pain
misty: so that would be your autobiography

That made me cry like hell. Best goodbye in the Pokemon series to me.

Even over Butterfree's goodbye!?! But yeah, "Gotta Catch Ya Later" was a depressing and well done episode. I just think some people (myself included) don't find it to be as sad as Butterfree's goodbye because unlike Misty and Brock, we don't see Butterfree again.

iAm_Michael

Mike Is Da Best!
Even over Butterfree's goodbye!?! But yeah, "Gotta Catch Ya Later" was a depressing and well done episode. I just think some people (myself included) don't find it to be as sad as Butterfree's goodbye because unlike Misty and Brock, we don't see Butterfree again.

Dude, I'm 17 years old and I watched Bye Bye Butterfree a few days ago, because over Christmas vacation I've been bored and feeling some nostalgia, and I almost had tears from that moment. That's one of the most saddening cartoon scenes I've ever seen haha.

Another good quote is Ash's speech against the flock of Spearow in the first episode. He's pretty much like "Come at me SpearBro's."
Hehe...Spearow...Spearbro's...I need to work on my puns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another good quote is Ash's speech against the flock of Spearow in the first episode. He's pretty much like "Come at me SpearBro's."
Hehe...Spearow...Spearbro's...I need to work on my puns.

That really was such a troll move on the writers part with how they handled the Butterfree storyline. In the St. Anne episode, Ash traded Butterfree away but after realizing that he cares too much about Butterfree to trade him for another Pokémon, Ash ends up getting Butterfree back. And what happens a few episodes later? Butterfree leaves for good :( That was cruel, writers!

And yeah, the ending of the first episode was really emotional.

I cried profusely at that as well. Good one, and I completely agree with you. One of the best episodes in the series. "Please take good care of this Butterfree for me..." T_T

But "Gotta Catch Ya Later" is my favorite, personally. :)

That really was such a troll move on the writers part with how they handled the Butterfree storyline. In the St. Anne episode, Ash traded Butterfree away but after realizing that he cares too much about Butterfree to trade him for another Pokémon, Ash ends up getting Butterfree back. And what happens a few episodes later? Butterfree leaves for good :( That was cruel, writers!

Yeah, Butterfree was amazing. It's funny because Butterfree happens to be my favorite Pokemon overall. I've always liked Bug/Flying types introduced since, and I think the anime had a big impact on me with respect to Butterfree. :D

I loved the first episode. "Spearow(s), do you know who I am? I'm Ash Ketchum, from the town of Pallet, and I can't be defeated by the likes of you...Come and get me!"

Last edited:

iAm_Michael

Mike Is Da Best!

Misty leaving though is probably the most emotional looking back on it now for me. When she left I thought she would return soon, but after seeing how she hasn't returned for years makes her quote in GCYL "Ash Ketchum...now I know how you really feel about me."
It makes me sad because it's the last we see of her as a main character.

*~Silver*~

That was cruel. ;A; Leave him, get him back just so that you can leave him again.

EEVVVIIILLL!!!! ;A;

That was cruel. ;A; Leave him, get him back just so that you can leave him again.

EEVVVIIILLL!!!! ;A;

Butterfree FTW. It was Ash's very first Pokemon he captured too as a Caterpie. He raised it all the way to a Butterfree, and he released it. :')

Misty leaving though is probably the most emotional looking back on it now for me. When she left I thought she would return soon, but after seeing how she hasn't returned for years makes her quote in GCYL "Ash Ketchum...now I know how you really feel about me."
It makes me sad because it's the last we see of her as a main character.

That's understandable. Especially since Misty seems to be one of your favorite characters. I felt the same way when Charizard left. It's a good thing he still had a few great appearances after he left.

iAm_Michael

Mike Is Da Best!
Well, a more happier favorite quote of mine is when they are trapped in the SS Anne underwater, and Team Rocket is trying to escape. When James saves the day...!..?

James: "I knew this would come in handy! Ha!"
Jesse: "Could it be...?"
Jesse and Meowth: "MAGICKARP! We're not worthy!"

That's understandable. Especially since Misty seems to be one of your favorite characters. I felt the same way when Charizard left. It's a good thing he still had a few great appearances after he left.

Yea Misty is my favorite, I'm sure it's easy to guess. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

"Charizard's Burning Ambition"...yep, the Pokemon goodbyes were very well done in the original series. "Stay if you want to...I can get along just fine without you."

Uh I don't remember how this went all the way. But, it was when James had ran into that Magikarp Salesman again in Johto.

Salesman: Ah! I'm just the man you were looking for!
James: I'm not looking for any man!

It's not that funny, it's just how James reacts to certain things and his voice is really funny.

Most of the things he said when Victreebel chomped down on him. Like:

James: Not in front of the kids!

And this one:

James: I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!