1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite R/B/Y BGM?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by Wednesdayz, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Red/Blue/Yellow had some of the most iconic music in the entire franchise.

What were your favorite BGM tracks from Red/Blue/Yellow? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

My #1 favorite music track was the Pokemon Mansion BGM, because it had a mysterious sound to it, which was fitting given the location. I also liked the Champion battle BGM.

2. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Route 11, because it is cheerful and upbeat, Rocket Hideout, because it is creepy, and Route 23, because it just fits the path that leads to Victory Road well.
    Other themes I like are: Route 1, Cerulean City, Route 24, Cinnabar Island, vs. Gym Leader, and vs. Champion.

3. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Vermilion City is my top favorite because I like how energetic it is. I remember liking it a lot when I played R/B/Y as a kid. I also like the music on SS. Anne, it feels happy but a bit bittersweet at the same time, which suits a ship that is about to leave and sail around the world. Some others I like are Route 24/25, Cinnabar Island and Pokemon Tower. There's probably more but those are the ones that came to my head right now.

4. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I love a lot of the RBY music, though one of my absolute favourites has to be the Gym Leader battle theme. It's definitely my favourite battle theme in Gen I and one of my top Gym Leader themes in the whole series. Hard to explain why...it just sounds so good IMO!

5. NPT

NPT Just a member

The title sceen theme, Pallet Town, Route 3, Viridian City, and of course... the Lavender Town theme.

6. Raichael

Raichael Member

For me, my top songs have to be:
    * Lavender Town (obvious choice, but I love how mysterious it sounds. It's also quite melancholic..)
    * Vermilion City (sounds jolly yet nostalgic at the same time)
    * Victory Road (the theme that reminds you that you're facing the final challenge...also the music I play in my head when walking in the exam room)
    * the Gym Leader Battle Music (better than the final battle theme imo)

There's probably some more but that's all I can think of at the mo.

7. xerxes

xerxes ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

There's just something half-creepy-half-catchy about the Team Rocket Hideout theme that I really love.

8. jginz1

jginz1 Shiny Hunter

I think RBY has the worst soundtrack in all of the main-series games. But if I were to choose, I would choose Route 1

9. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Hmmm well since I played the Virtual Console version of Red and Blue not too long ago, I grew to like the Mt Moon music alot cuz it starts off quiet and then slowly becomes kind of unnerving. I like the Lavender town music as well cuz it's coolly disturbing ha ha.

10. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

These games had an amazing soundtrack and for me the Gym Leader music was the best, but I liked Cinnabar Island's music too and also the Safari Zone's music.

11. Aduro

Aduro Mt.BtlMaster

Lavendar Town's theme it was so creepy. And its funny to hear all the urban myths that came from it, all those ghost stories. So ridiculous, I might listen to it now again actually. Yeah, its a great tune to this day... OMG WHAT JUST CRAWLED THROUGH MY CEILING I THINK IT'S AN EVIL SPIRIT COME TO HARVEST MY SOUL!

12. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

I'm gonna echo everybody else and say the Gym Leader theme is probably my favorite; also the Bicycle theme :)

To this day it still shocks me that the R/B/Y Gym Leader theme was never in Super Smash Bros, either its original or a remake - if Saffron City had been DLC for Smash 4, I would have definitely wanted it to have that music.

13. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

I absolutely love the Pallet Town music. It was one of the first bits of music that I had ever heard in a video game, so it brings back some great memories. Overall, Gen 1 had some of the best music of any generation, imo.

14. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

I really like Game Corner and Mt Moon. Mt Moon is even better in FRLG with the piano and I love how mystical the 8 bit version sounds. Celadon City and the Cerulean/Saffron themes were nice as well as Viridian Forest.

15. ToonsJazzLover

ToonsJazzLover Active Member

There's some really great tracks, but I would go with the Gym Leader Battle

16. TikTok13

TikTok13 Lost in a desert

Lavender Town and Rocket Hideout - the obvious choices. They're both just so cool!

17. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

The Champion theme, because it sounds so epic and challenging. Viridian Forest's theme, because I always thought it sounded kinda spooky and mysterious (and a little suspenseful, too). And the Game Corner theme because it's so energetic and fun to listen to.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  18. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Well-Known Member

Blue's theme is very incredible it's my favorite. When you beat the Elite 4 and you find out he's the champion. Then the music hits. It's such an intense moment.

You also can't go wrong with the Gym leader theme either. It's classic.

19. Elite4woolfy

Elite4woolfy ✽✽✽✽✽✽

My favorite would have to be the credits theme. It just sounds really nice to end the game.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  20. JAKnighton

JAKnighton Cartoonist

The Hall of Fame music is great, it really makes you feel like you have accomplished something big.