• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite R/B/Y BGM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I like route 11, the trainer and gym battle, and the ending themes the most. I also like Pokemon tower's music and Lavender Town bgm

Going by the original GB BGMs and not their remakes, Lavender Town hands-down. I actually find the melody to be more double-edged than most people make it out to be - while in some situations it can be an eerily beautiful piece of music, it can also be a soothing, relaxing lullaby-type tune.

Daizy

I call you honey
Pallet Town's music is my favorite. I thought it had a cool melancholic feel to it which was fitting for the location.

DatsRight

I'm gonna echo everybody else and say the Gym Leader theme is probably my favorite; also the Bicycle theme :)

To this day it still shocks me that the R/B/Y Gym Leader theme was never in Super Smash Bros, either its original or a remake - if Saffron City had been DLC for Smash 4, I would have definitely wanted it to have that music.

Unless you mean the actual gym theme (which I admit is one of my favourite arrangements), the gym leader battle theme was kind of used in Melee, a melody of all the Kanto battle themes was used in the Pokefloats course.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Cinnabar Island's music has a nice melody and so does Celadon's. I love cheerful music. :)

Guren Town's (Cinnabar's) music is definitely pleasant, although given the size and design of the island itself, I've always found it too upbeat for such a stark in-game location.

LanceAndMissingNo.

Ow! That's tragic!
All the cities themes are great: Cerulean City, Celadon City, Vermillion City... and Cinnabar Island theme in particular. The road to Viridian City is... nostalgic as f**k! The gym and the gym leaders battles themes I like also. It is very difficult choose only one... meh, I choose the Champion's Battle music. The ending is great, also.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I liked how intense the battle themes were like the Champion battle theme, the Gym Leader battle theme and the Trainer battle theme as you felt that you were in a real battle. I also liked the Victory Road theme as it made you feel that you're about to take on your final challenge and many other themes just because they sound nice and how much they fit their atmosphere like the Cinnabar Island theme, Celadon City theme, Bicycle theme, Pokémon Center theme, Team Rocket Hideout theme, Silph Co Theme and the nostalgic Pallet Town theme, title theme and the Introductions theme, alongside many other themes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
All the cities themes are great: Cerulean City, Celadon City, Vermillion City... and Cinnabar Island theme in particular. The road to Viridian City is... nostalgic as f**k! The gym and the gym leaders battles themes I like also. It is very difficult choose only one... meh, I choose the Champion's Battle music. The ending is great, also.

Tamamushi (Celadon) City's music sounds so upbeat, and the Game Corner theme ranks up there with the best as well from my point of view. It simply suits the gambling setting perfectly.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I haven't played much of the Gen 1 games, but these would probably be my favourite BGM from that gen:

• Start Screen - Where it all began.
  • Pallet Town - Hearing this brings back so much nostalgia, like coming home again.
  • Cerulean City - Peppy and upbeat.
  • Vermilion City - Makes me want to dance.
  • Celadon City - Just like Cerulean's, it's also peppy.
  • Saffron City - It sounds like an outing into the big city.
  • Cinnabar Island - Reflects the laid-back attitude of an island.
  • Surfing - Relaxing yet bouncy at the same time.

Lavender Town and the Pokémon Tower's theme just creep me out though. :eek: :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.