• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite R/B/Y Gym Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
R/B/Y had 8 marvelous Gym Leaders: Which ones did you all like the most? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

I personally adored Misty. Her design was cute and athletic. I also thought that Erika was pretty as well in her kimono, and I've always had a soft spot for Sabrina as well since she used Psychic-types, which I've always been fond of.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Erika for me. Never cared that much for the Gym Leaders when I played these games, but now, she is my favorite. I like her design and personality, and she likes flowers which I do too so that makes me like her even more. I also remember having a bit of trouble against her when I started with Squirtle in R/B, even with Ice Beam, the water starter still has some tough competition against the Grass-types in Erika's Gym.

Psychic

Really and truly
Being a kid who thought psychic powers were the coolest and seeing how badass Sabrina was in the anime, she automatically became my favourite in the games. That said, I never entirely understood what was up with her outfit and that whip...

If you were to ask me today, though, I'm not really sure what my answer would be. Maybe Giovanni, he was pretty mysterious and coo.

~Psychic

Aquarelle

Staff member
When I was younger, I think Blaine was my favourite because I was obsessed with Fire types back then (and the quiz questions in his Gym were pretty fun). Now, I'd say that Giovanni is my favourite. The reason for this is simply because I often find antagonist/villain characters interesting.

I am fond of Surge and Erika too.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
My favorites are Misty and Sabrina.Misty because she is cute and spunky,plus I like Water Pokemon in general.Sabrina because I find her psychic powers intriguing,plus she is beautiful.

grey wing

Johto League Champ
I liked how Blaine was obsessed with riddles in the anime, and how easily I could beat him in the game just by having a member of my team know surf.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Sabrina. She was always hard to beat even w the right pokemon. And then I find out she's totally badass in the Adventures manga and then she becomes even more bad *** when she's Queen Jujube in Pokestar studios. stil get a kick over the word play

phanpycross

God-king
LT Surge for me honestly, such a badass, and electric is one of my favorite types.

Giovanni was pretty awesome too, and I really dig Misty's game design.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sabrina. I always thought she was so cool after seeing her in the anime.

Giovanni would be second place.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
None of the RBY gym leaders really appealed to me, but if I had to pick one I liked the most overall, I'd have to go with Sabrina or Erika. Not really sure why, but they were the most appealing to me of the gym leaders in Kanto.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I like Brock because of his closed eyes.

StarbornKarissa

Pikachu Whisperer
For some reason I've always liked Lt. Surge. I hated that you had to keep cutting down a twig to get to his gym, and I also hated his Raichu's cheap shots. I enjoyed the Lt. Surge episode of first season's anime. In Pokémon Yellow, the battle with him was pretty great - I used Pikachu against his Raichu and sort of pulled an Ash Ketchum - Beat him with double teams and Slams and was faster than Raichu, pretty much "slow and steady wins the race". I think the reward of winning by "outsmarting" Lt. Surge's pokemon like Ash did is kind of the reason why that gym leader is most significant to me from R/B/Y and even in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Blaine, he's always fun and I'm curious about his mysterious past with Fuji.

I was always curious about Blaine's past involving Fuji and possibly Mewtwo's creation, though I can't say that I cared much for Blaine's design. He just looked too drab in my view.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Giovanni.
The central plot making him out to be the first villanous team's leader throughout two battles. The fact that the final Gym leader which is to be the hardest test before the Elite four turned out to the dual identity of Giovanni blew my child mind. Then handing over a TM Fissure that is a move than 1hitKOs a Pokemon.

Tentomon

I absolutely love Lt. Surge. Everything about him. The military theme and aesthetic, his title as "The Lightning American".

He also really reminds me of Duke Nukem and I can't be the only one who thinks that.

Status
Not open for further replies.