• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite R/B/Y location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Out of all the Kanto towns, routes, caves, etc. that appeared in Red/Blue/Yellow, which places were your favorites? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

My favorite place in these games was the Unknown Dungeon because it had the highest leveled wild Pokemon and it was home to Mewtwo and other exotic species of Pokemon.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I'm not overly fond of Kanto as a region in general, because it looks too simple and small compared to the rest of the regions, although it has to do more with hardware limitations than anything else. However, I've always been a fan of Seafoam Islands because Articuno can be found there and because of the strong currents. I also like Unknown Dungeon, because the powerful Pokemon inhabiting it make it a pretty good training spot and because Mewtwo fled there after wrecking Pokemon Mansion.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Vermilion City is one of my favourite Kanto locations. I love the music and how it's right by the sea with a nice pier. Kind of reminds me of where I live.

Kalosian

So long
I like the Pokemon Mansion. An abandoned, partly destroyed building with a vague history, hints to legendary Pokemon, and weird scientists roaming around freely. It's pretty cool and original. Speaking of the Mansion, I'm rather fond of Cinnabar Island as well, it feels different compared to the other cities since it is an Island rather than a regular City. I also like Route 24/25, Celadon City and Vermilion City.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I really like Celadon City. It's in the middle of the map, but it's so difficult to get to it on foot. After getting through a buttload of trainers in the Dark Cave, the Pokémon Tower and then the route bewteen Lavender and Celadon, finally reaching it for the first time is always a relief. The soundtrack and colour it had in Yellow were great too.

NPT

Just a member
Kanto Route 17/Cycling Road. Battling those bikers while going downhill on my bike was fun!

Elite4woolfy

✽✽✽✽✽✽
I would love to live in Fuchsia city, it's close to the "ocean" and it's also the prettiest, going by G/S/C/HG/SS graphics.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
I liked the creepy places. Lavender Town and Pokemon Tower for obvious reasons - while I was scared of them as a kid, if it wasn't for Mount Pyre, I would probably have these notorious places as my aesthetics. I love how creepy they actually are and the only place that has actually come close to being as creepy would be the Abandoned House from B2/W2.

Kalosian pretty much summed up how I feel about Pokemon Mansion. I love just how much lore went into the place and conveyed so much info despite not really having much text or dialogue from NPCs, and it is very hard for me to think of a place that has pulled this off well since (though again, the Abandoned house comes to mind with the tragic tale it tells).

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm a fan of Saffron city cuz of its sheer size and also since Silph Co is located there. I just like exploring the building for some reason hee hee. As for other locations, I like the Safari Zone cuz it's home to so many rare pokemon like Tauros and Kangaskhan. :]

ZilverLox

Banned
My favorite Kanto place is the Seafoam Islands because of how we could change the currents and because my favorite Kanto Legendary Bird (Articuno) lives there.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I liked Saffron City because of Silph Co. and the Fighting Dojo. I also liked how the City has a bit of a warp tile theme, with both Silph Co. and the Saffron Gym having them.

thexuberant1

I like Celadon City the most cuz it has a department store, condominiums, and a game corner. Plus you can get a free Eevee! You can even buy stones there to evolve it.

Last edited:

Cat's Eye Draco

I've always liked Cerulean Cape; it's so pretty and peaceful and there are lots of trainers to battle on the way there.

I really like the game corner. I am actually quite skilled when it comes to the slots. I recall that I once got three sevens on a diagonal. I was really happy about that. Not to mention the fact that it contains the Team Rocket hideout underneath it.

Status
Not open for further replies.