1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Ranger game?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by Wednesdayz, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I've always been a big fan of the Ranger spin-off games, so I gotta ask: which one was everyone else's favorite?

My favorite Ranger game was Shadows of Almia because its plot was such a huge improvement over the first Ranger game, and the Sinnoh Pokemon were a good addition.

2. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Hmmm I'm kind of split between the first two Ranger titles cuz I thought they were both amazing ha ha. The first one had a cooler soundtrack and a more linear plot, while Shadows of Almia was more complicated at times. I liked how we got to join the Ranger school in Shadows of Almia tho, so I'll go with that game. :3

3. Secundum

Secundum Lord Of Order

The first one. The following two were just really poor.

4. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

The third one (Guardian Signs), because the Societea were good villains and the ukulele Pichu was awesome. :)

5. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

The ranger games (like all Pokemon spin-offs) seem to get better with each iteration. Guardian Signs is the freaking best. Not even really a contest because the first Ranger game is such a train wreck compared to the others (at the time it was neat but Almia showed it up in every way). I will say I liked the way partners were handled in Almia but Ukelele Pichu is cute so whatever.

Also the villains in Guardian Signs > All other Pokemon villains across all mediums.

6. xerxes

xerxes ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

The first Ranger game. There's no such thing as GameStop in my country and I didn't have Wi-Fi at the time. The Manaphy you get for beating Pokémon Ranger was my first special/event Pokémon, so I have a soft spot for that game.

7. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The Ranger games are definitely some of my favourite Pokemon spin-offs. My favourite one, though, has to be Shadows of Almia. I really love the Almia region and I remember liking its plot the best. Plus, I really, REALLY appreciated the change to the Pokemon capture mechanics after it took me like a year to defeat the final boss on the first game.

Guardian Signs is a close second favourite. Oblivia was a really nice place IMO.

8. Swag Giraffe

Swag Giraffe Member

I only have Guardian Signs, but I absolutely love it, Oblivia's a neat region, and Ukulele Pichu is just ADORABLE. I'd love to play other Ranger games, but for now, I only have the one. Someday, someday.

9. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

I love every game in this series, but my favorite has to be the first one. I liked reaching the new assists as I went through the game, and I especially liked searching for the rare Pokémon that are hidden throughout Fiore.

10. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

Guardian Signs because it had the best storyline out of the three Ranger games.

11. Shayuin

Shayuin Banned

Shadows of Almia was as good as Ranger games can get. The final battle with Darkrai at Altru Tower was fantastic.

12. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Ranger 1 was the best. My favorite moment was when I finished capturing all the Pokemon in Fiore with my styler. Snorlax was the biggest challenge since he would only be catchable when every other Pokemon was caught.

13. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Pokemon Ranger: Vatonage (Shadows of Almia) is my favorite, which I'm judging based on how much I've replayed the game ever since I purchased my copy in May 2008 I believe. The plot, features, and characters in Vatonage were so memorable.

14. I only played the first two Ranger games and I loved he first one since it was easy. It had a nice storyline too that wasn't complicated or tiring.

15. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

The first Ranger game was a bit too simple from my point of view, as in the difficulty level was set pretty low until the final mission that involved Entei, Raikou, and Suikun. That's when the difficulty curve increased, and I struggled to finish it.

16. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Actually finishing Ranger 1's browser/Dex wannabe thingy was a huge hurdle. Snagging Psyduck, Wailmer, and Fearow was a long and tedious process.

17. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Although I've haven't played too much games from the Pokémon Ranger series, my favourite would be Shadows of Almia. I quickly got attached to the school plot in the beginning and how it folded out to a battle with Darkrai.

18. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Koduck and Hoeruko I can agree with since the number of loops required to capture them was a lot in the first Ranger game, although Onidrill was simpler to get; it was finding it that was the difficult part.

19. FullmetalJackie

FullmetalJackie Well-Known Member

Shadows of Almia was the point where my Pokemon excitement actually started to take off and it introduced me to the cross-generational Sinnoh evolutions like Electivire, Togekiss, and Rhyperior, which I had no idea existed.

20. MockingJ

MockingJ New Member

The first one was amazing except that the Ranger Net missions should've had incentives like being able to transfer Deoxys to D/P.