• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Saga/Series, V3

Which saga has been your favorite so far?

• Original Series (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto)

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Advanced Generation (Hoenn, Kanto [Battle Frontier])

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Diamond & Pearl (Sinnoh)

Votes: 48 36.9%
  • Black & White / Best Wishes (Unova - Season 1, Season 2 [Episode N + Decolora Adventure])

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • XY (Kalos - XY, XY&Z)

Votes: 42 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Everyone is expressing their opinion on each series. Guess I should do too.
1. XY(Z) - 8.0/10 (Overall better than D&P)
2. D&P - 7.7/10 (Amazing Series)
3. AG - 7.4/10 (Good Series)
4. OG (+Orange Islands) - 7.0/10 (Not that good as people say, but still enjoyable as heck)
5. Johto - 6.2/10 ( Filler fest, still enjoyed it though)
6. BW - 6.0/10 (Mediocre with good and bad, both parts)
7. SM - 5.8/10 (Intensely mediocre)

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
XY/Z - Great characters, pokémon, interactions, and made an otherwise forgettable region memorable
10/10

DP - Memorable characters, interesting battle strategies, but dragged on in places and botched the villains
8/10

AG - Middle of the road in all aspects as it settled into a comfortable formula not constrained by Shudo's ideals
5/10

BW - As typical of a reboot series, a lot of things got reset, which understandably upset people who wanted to see progression from the last series
3/10

OS - A lot of experimentation and barely any overall focus, but it's what started it all
2/10

SM - A fine enough episodic series, but if you're here for interesting game and character adaptations, you're plum out of luck since it pulls an OS and does whatever it wants with zero regard for faithfulness. It's got a little bit of something for everyone, but doesn't cater to them specifically.
1/10

From the best to worst;
1. SM - first series ever that made me like almost all of the characters and Pokémon, and that's all that matters to me.
2. OS - best comedy, lots of interesting characters and Pokémon but also some I didn't enjoy that much. Some of the Pokémon were forgetable, and it's not just because of lack of screentime, often PotD got more focus than main cast's mons.
3. AG - probably the best Pokégirl vs. Ash losing it's OS personality, no interesting rivals (except Harley), mediocre Brock and Max. It also started the trend of Ash tossing his all Pokémon barring Pikachu at Oak's.
4. DP - Dawn getting lots of focus, good rivals for Ash (Paul) and Dawn (Zoey). Nice villain arc. I liked how almost (?) all the game characters appeared, though I think stat trainers deserved better. Too bad Ash's old personality was almost gone and was turning into typical shonen hero I despise. It took a guy with 2 legendaries to kick him out of the league.
5. XY - Ash at his worst personality wise, way too OP (still not as ridiculously OP as his rival) and worshipped by everyone, especially the main cast. XY Ash was anything but underdog hero I enjoy the most. Bonnie was the most annoying main cast member in the show's history. Clemont was okay, better than AG-DP Brock, Tracey and Cilan but still not as good as he could've been. Serena was the best but I hated how her character revolved around Ash (and AmourShipping in general). I LOVED Team Flare arc, Sawyer was the great rival and Alain had interesting backstory.
6. Lots of wasted potential. I had a high hopes for Iris or Trip but they didn't live up to the expectations. Don George Tournaments were cool. I liked how they gave each main character a rival. It wasn't bad, but it didn't have anything to keep me invested for longer. The art style change added insult to the injury.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
XY/Z - Great characters, pokémon, interactions, and made an otherwise forgettable region memorable
10/10

SM - A fine enough episodic series, but if you're here for interesting game and character adaptations, you're plum out of luck since it pulls an OS and does whatever it wants with zero regard for faithfulness. It's got a little bit of something for everyone, but doesn't cater to them specifically.
1/10
I fully agree with the rankings. Thankyou<33

Xuxuba

I love each and every season for a different reason, except SM and BW.

But if i had to pick my favorites it would be XY (not only for the human characters' development but also the pokémon's developement which i honestly think it is overlooked sometimes) and also OS Kanto mainly for it's witty humour and them not being afraid of including something bc of censorship (although that wasn't always a good thing...).

Truth be told though, even if i like OS better, DP is clearly the better written series, alongside with XY.

Last edited:

hustenapfel

I'd have to go with Master Quest, Advanced Battle, Battle Frontier, Sinnoh League Victors, XYZ, and the second half of BW, starting with the Junior Cup, minus the trainwreck they called "league".

Status
Not open for further replies.