• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Saga/Series, V3

Which saga has been your favorite so far?

• Original Series (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto)

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Advanced Generation (Hoenn, Kanto [Battle Frontier])

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Diamond & Pearl (Sinnoh)

Votes: 48 36.9%
  • Black & White / Best Wishes (Unova - Season 1, Season 2 [Episode N + Decolora Adventure])

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • XY (Kalos - XY, XY&Z)

Votes: 42 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

DP, largely because Gen 4 is my favorite Gen. However, I really did like the sense of adventure in DP. Paul and Dawn were cool characters. The Galactic arc was also pretty awesome.

XY is my least favorite, although a lot of people loved it. There's too much I found wrong with it.

AssualtVestPyukumuku

Going with gen 4. Best characters, Pokémon, interactions, plots, & themes (both musical and literal).
How I rank each series as of me watching SM062:
DP>XY>AG>SM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OS(Kanto/OI) (I literally like nothing of Johto's anime.)

gentwoer

OG even though Orange Island was forgettable and Johto was atrocious the Indigo League stuff was great.

Advance had the very annoying Max the most awful companion ever. And I can't get past the awful PUSA voices to really bother with DP and beyond. Especially Ash's gawd awful voice Some day I may try to watch Diamond and Pearl subbed.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
OG even though Orange Island was forgettable and Johto was atrocious the Indigo League stuff was great.

How was OI forgettable? Charizard becomes loyal, the pink Pokemon island, the Ash/Misty subplot, Movie 02, and Ash's first major victory against Drake and the most-overpowered Dragonite of all time with like 10 moves.

Honestly Master Quest (final 1/3 of Johto) was quite good and full of stuff happening. People like to remember the early and middle doldrums of Johto but not MQ.

Advance had the very annoying Max the most awful companion ever.

Made up for it by having the best girl companion.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
My fav saga was Xy cuz it had an intersting plot and the BEST (and last) poke girl- Serena <3

I miss her

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
After looking back and growing up some more, all of them has something the other doesn't. If you are looking for nostalgia, then I guess the first one, if you are looking for new pokemon and better battles, then Johto, if you are looking for experience and a new adventure, then Hoenn seems fine. Sinnoh was more multi heavy with action, while B and W was a restart for a new setting. XY felt out of no where and was a way to overhype a lot of crap while in Alola it is a way to underhype everything.(If that is a word)

oshawott7

cat burgler
My favorite saga is AG, it has everything I like in Pokemon. Team Rocket is so much fun, I love how Jessie enters contests, Meowth's imaginations of Giovanni and James & Chimecho's bond. May is my favorite pokegirl and I love her development throughout the series. Ash's team is so entertaining and funny here, Corphish is my 2nd favorite Pokemon of his ever and he reminds me so much of my very own Crayfish, always angry lol. It has the best rivals imo, Drew and Harley, it's never boring with those two! The Grand Festivals (both of them) are also so well done in my opinion and I enjoy them just as much as the first time I watched them.

I also love the Kanto part of OS and XY.
Kanto because of the humor, the music and of course nostalgia. XY because I feel like they did a good job with pretty much everything except Ash-Greninja which I still try to ignore ever happend in the series.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Best saga: DP (XY being a close second)
Worst saga: BW
Best "stretch": Kinda a tie between late Sinnoh and late Kalos
Worst "stretch": Mid-Johto (Mid-Sinnoh is second, at least it had another 2 plots in the contests and TG, so the humungous gap between candice and volkner wasn't that bad, Johto just had the whirl islands plot, aside from that it was the blandest and most boring stretch of TR formula episodes)

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I love DP, OS, and AG.

DP was by far, the best written series in my opinion. I will say this is where I started to dislike Ash a little because this when I felt like he started to get a little too bland to me, but the battles, the characters of Dawn, Paul, Kenny and Barry, the Chimchar and Team Galactic arcs, and Dawn’s contest battles all made up for it and made such a good saga.

As for OS, I don’t care what anyone says, you can never go wrong with rewatching the Kanto saga! The humor and the great group dynamic really carries this saga and I still enjoy it to this day. I also enjoyed watching OI.

AG is mentioned because this is my favorite version of Ash. I also enjoyed that they introduced contests in this saga. I liked May too and especially her rivals. I really hope we get an update on Drew and Harley one day..

After DP, I’ve had a hard time getting into the other sagas which is why I didn’t mention BW, XY, or SuMo but I will say I enjoy Sun and Moon sometimes and it’s my favorite of the three. I really hope I enjoy the next gen better than the previous three.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Update after half a year:
XY is still the best series to date (Which had the last Poke girl in the series, miss this tradition.. I wish we will have a Poke girl next series, un like this one)
The most horrible series is SM. 1 year left

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I'll go with Diamond & Pearl which had superior rivals, better teams for the main characters, a great villainous team arc + an amazing original villain aka Hunter J, a fantastic Grand Festival, a great League. I could go on. The only issues with that saga were Brock not doing much as usual and the horrible pacing right around the time that Ash won his 7th gym badge.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
XY.
2nd Best Ash as a person. Best Ash as a trainer.
Best development and characters overall for a series.
Great Rivals. (Sawyer and Alain)
Best Pokegirl imo.
The best animation obviously.
There are more reasons but don't wanna type more lol.

SM, and that's given there's more things I dislike about the series than I like. I'm a sucker for comedy so the series full of gags, along with its slice-of-life nature and the characters being pretty likable (not counting CotD's, SM is the first saga that made me like all of the characters, from main cast through rivals and villains to recurring characters - any other saga had at least few characters I didn't care about or outright disliked) was bound to become my favorite.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
My ratings of all the Pokemon series' till date:

OS Kanto: 5/10

OS Orange Islands: 7/10

OS Johto: 6/10

Overall OS rating: 6/10

AG:

AG Hoenn: 6/10

AG Battle Frontier: 9/10

Overall AG rating: 7.5/10

DP:

DP 1st saga + Battle Dimensions: 7.5/10

DP Galactic Battles + Sinnoh League Victors: 9/10

Overall DP rating: 8.25/10

BW:

BW 1st saga + Rival Destinies: 4/10

BW Adventures in Unova: 4/10

BW Decelora Adventure: 3/10

BW Episode N: 5/10

Overall BW rating: 4/10

XY:

XY (prior to XY&Z): 8/10

XY&Z: 9/10

Overall XY rating: 8.5/10

SM:

SM (upto Necrozma arc): 6/10

SM (after Necrozma arc): 4/10

Overall SM rating: 5/10

So, based on these ratings, my rankings of all the Pokemon series would go like:

XY => DP > AG > OS > SM > BW

Status
Not open for further replies.