• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Black and White introduced seasons and changes to the overworld to go with them. Which was your favorite season and why? Please explain your choice a little.

I liked summer the most in these games since it had the most vivid changes in the various Unova locations, such as the darker grass color and yellow flowers blooming.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I'd have to go with spring (though I like summer as well), mostly for aesthetic reasons. I just think the overworld looks the prettiest during the springtime. Earlier, I was walking around on White 2 and remembered just how much I like how the grass, flowers, etc. look.
Also, the spring forms of Deerling/Sawsbuck are my favourite (like the pink colouring & flowers in Sawsbuck's antlers).

Kalosian

So long
Winter is my favorite. Mostly because I love snow, winter is my favorite season in real life, and it is my birth season as well. I would have loved to see the whole region covered in snow during winter, but I don't mind it being restricted to certain areas, it made them more special and memorable to visit. Apart from winter, my second favorite would have to be summer because I like how vibrant and colorful the overworld looked during summer in Unova. Then I like Spring and Autumn as well.

Overall, I really liked the seasons in Gen 5. One thing that is very memorable for me regarding them is that I started to play each of my four games in a different season. I started playing Black in March (Autumn), White in September (Spring), Black 2 in October (Summer) and White 2 in December (Winter). I did not plan this, it just happened and it made me very happy afterwards when I realized it.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Summer! I love Undella Town's BGM in the summertime - it sounds so tropical and cheerful! (It wouldn't sound too out of place in Alola either, since it's got those calypso vibes.) And I just love going Surfing in the sun, basically.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I preferred winter in Black and White cuz of the snow up at Icirrus city and other northern areas of Unova hee hee. I thought summer was decent as well however cuz of the flowers at Route 1. :3

ZilverLox

Banned
Spring gets my vote because of the charming graphic changes. I hated autumn and winter though, especially winter since we had to deal with snow burying most of Twist Mountain's tunnels.

Nebbygetinthebag

Summer is my favorite it's also my favorite season in real life and I really like the settings of summer the surfing,the visual and the music.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
Winter because of the snow and how areas became accessible during this time. Plus i love winter in real life.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Up until recently, winter was my favorite season in Black, White, and their sequels. But now that I think about it more, I find that I appreciate spring's bright color palette more than winter's bleakness.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Aesthetic-wise, Autumn. Other than that, Winter

Bananarama

The light is coming
I liked Autumn the most because of the beautiful colors the trees became and the addition of the leaves. Also, I liked Sawsbuck's autumn form the most.

brandyballclub

Master Of Legends
I love winter. I just think it looks so authentic and puts a cool hue over things.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I like winter for the snow as well, mostly because I think the snow looks pretty. I just really like the look of a blanket of snow on the ground and trees.
Climbing up big piles of snow to reach otherwise inaccessible areas was fun, too.

Manchee

extra toasty
I thought it was really cool during winter that certain areas became accessible (or were no longer accessible). Reminded me of Shoal Cave in Hoenn. But, I would say that my favorite season in the games was autumn purely for aesthetic purposes. If they brought that into newer games, I think it would be so much fun if they managed to include more holiday-themed decorations in certain areas- the one town in X/Y where you battle the Fairy-type gym leader comes to mind, it felt very much like Halloween to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.