• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite "Side Activity" of the Pokemon Video Games?

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
My favorite is contests. Because it's a fun way to use our pokemon in a non-contest way

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Whilst I'm not sure that contests are my favourite conceptually, they are my favourite in terms of execution.

Contests just felt a lot more fleshed out than the other side activities. When contests reappeared in Sinnoh after debuting in Hoenn, I hoped that they had become a series staple that would continue to be present in the other games, sadly that was not the case. I preferred contests in ORAS than the earlier games TBH. I haven't actually tried pokestar studios yet but from what I know about it, it could be a close second after contests.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Digging for treasure in Diamond version. Just really had fun doing that.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Underground 1st, Pokeathlon second

Xuxuba

When it comes to Contests, i think i probably prefer it's Super version. I liked dressing my pokémon and dancing with them.

Just picking moves got a bit boring after some time, especially since a lot of the moves had the same effect. That is why i liked when they included other minigames.

I also really loved the Underground, but some of the traps could be annoying. I think it's the best way ever for finding fossils. Wish they would do it again, even if a more simple version.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Does shiny hunting count?

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Contests, Pokestar Studios, Mantine Surfing, and Pokemon Musicals.

They need to remake the Pokéathlon or make a sorta successor to it because I keep hearing about it yet idk what that even is in terms of gameplay but I don't wanna have to backtrack gens to do it.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Between the contests and the Pokeathelon, I think Generation 4 is the hands-down winner of side activity is. I have to be honest, I have a soft spot for Pokemon VR, or whatever that one where you make a videos was called. Kind of disappointed there wasn't more content.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
When it comes to Contests, i think i probably prefer it's Super version. I liked dressing my pokémon and dancing with them.

Just picking moves got a bit boring after some time, especially since a lot of the moves had the same effect. That is why i liked when they included other minigames.

I also really loved the Underground, but some of the traps could be annoying. I think it's the best way ever for finding fossils. Wish they would do it again, even if a more simple version.
They kind of did it in Sun and Moon, but it's not as fun, as it's your Pokemon doing all the work.

The Game Corner in gen 1-3 and the Underground (played it a lot with my cousin) in the Sinnoh games.
I never cared much for contests, actually hated pokéstar studios because of the mandatory way too long part you have to do when you're introduced to it and mantine surfing was pretty boring.

Saberu

Can I say the battle frontier? I made the saddest noise when I learned it wouldn't be in swsh. I actually had hope this time...

Besides that, I love Super Contests and I just adore Poke Star Studios. And even though it's no battle frontier, the world tournament in Driftveil was pretty solid!

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Shiny hunting and Pokeathlon since they make replaying the games so much more enjoyable. I also like the Sinnoh underground.