1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Signature Pokemon of the Alola Region

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by shoz999, Apr 16, 2019 at 6:09 AM.

1. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

What are "Signature Pokemon"? They're the Ace Pokemon, the strongest of the strong, the most well-known team member, the representation of their trainers. Anyways the list is the Favorite Signature Pokemon of the Alola region. Also keep in mind, signature Pokemon are based on only the games. No Pokemon Adventures manga, no Pokemon anime, just the games.

The list below is just my personal categorization of what I think are the signature Pokemon of each trainers. These are my opinions and do not necessarily represent what the overall fanbase believes. Feel free to disagree or point out anything you feel missing. You probably noticed I listed Lusamine's signature Poemon as Bewear even though there's really nothing that makes it stand out. I just thought it was hilariously accurate to Lusamine's creepy affection.

Known Characters of Alola
    • Lillie's Cosmog, Nebby
    • Masked Royale's Midnight Lycanroc
    • Ryuki's Kommo-o
    • Gladion's Silvally
    • Scratch Cat Girl's Meowth
    • Harper and Sarah's Luvdisc and Corsola
    Team Skull
    • Guzma's Golisopod
    • Plumeria's Salazzle
    Aether Foundation
    • Lusamine's Bewear
    • Faba's Hypno
    Ultra Recon Squad
    • Dulse's Poipole
    • Soliera's Poipole
    Eevee Users
    • Polly's Vaporeon
    • Chad's Flareon
    • Jane's Jolteon
    • Ishaan's Espeon
    • Braiden's Umbreon
    • Rea's Glaceon
    • Linnea's Leafeon
    • Kira's Sylveon
    • Kagetora's Eevee
    GAMEFREAK Inc.
    • Morimoto's Dragonite
    • Iwao's Blissey
    Trial Captains
    • Ilima's Gumshoos
    • Lana's Araquanid
    • Kiawe's Alolan Marowak
    • Mallow's Tsareena
    • Sophocle's Togedemaru
    • Acerola's Palossand
    • Mina's Ribombee
    Kahunas
    • Hala's Crabominable
    • Olivia's Midnight Lycanroc
    • Nanu's Alolan Persian
    • Hapu's Mudsdale
    Alolan Elite Four & Founder of Alola's Pokemon League
    • Acerola's Palossand
    • Hala's Crabominable
    • Olivia's Midnight Lycanroc
    • Molayne's Alolan Dugtrio
    • Kahili's Toucannon
    • Kukui's Midday Lycanroc

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 6:30 PM
  2. Ignition

Ignition Stop neglecting my sad bois GameFreak.

Thanks for keeping the trend going for all 7 generations @shoz999.

Only complaint is that Bruxish should’ve been Faba’s ace. Why did they make it Hypno?

Golisopod & Salazzle really fit the roles of Guzma & Plumeria. I’ve always wondered if they make the Pokèmon with their Trainers in mind

Gladion named Silvally after going through the story with the intention of setting it free. That’s true friendship and why Gladion is my favorite rival to date

I like all of the TC’s aces, but Acerola’s Palossand is my favorite. I’m glad they didn’t give her the obvious Mimikyu.

For the Kahunas, it’s a tie between Crabominable and Midnight Lycanroc. (you put Dusk for Olivia). I’d probably go for Midnight Lycanroc

But my favorite ace is Kahili’s Toucannon. Its stern look matches Kahili’s too well.

I’d also add Hau’s Alola Raichu & Decidueye/Incineroar/Primarina

shoz999 likes this.
  3. Thakamizu

Thakamizu Wicked Angel Witch

Palossand: this cursed castle of sand is absolutely beautiful. It has a solid, really well done sprite and is also able to learn some great move like Giga Drain.
    Tsareena: a perfect Grass-type fighter. Trop Kick's animation is wonderful.
    Ribombee: Bug/Fairy is such a pleasant type combination and this Pokémon perfectly nails it with a delicate, tiny figure. In addition to that, look at the variety of useful draining moves it can learn.

Is it a coincidence? Acerola, Mallow and Mina are my three favourite Generation VII characters.

shoz999 likes this.