• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Signature Pokemon of the Alola Region

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What are "Signature Pokemon"? They're the Ace Pokemon, the strongest of the strong, the most well-known team member, the representation of their trainers. Anyways the list is the Favorite Signature Pokemon of the Alola region. Also keep in mind, signature Pokemon are based on only the games. No Pokemon Adventures manga, no Pokemon anime, just the games.

The list below is just my personal categorization of what I think are the signature Pokemon of each trainers. These are my opinions and do not necessarily represent what the overall fanbase believes. Feel free to disagree or point out anything you feel missing. You probably noticed I listed Lusamine's signature Poemon as Bewear even though there's really nothing that makes it stand out. I just thought it was hilariously accurate to Lusamine's creepy affection.

Known Characters of Alola
  • Lillie's Cosmog, Nebby
  • Masked Royale's Midnight Lycanroc
  • Ryuki's Kommo-o
  • Gladion's Silvally
  • Scratch Cat Girl's Meowth
  • Harper and Sarah's Luvdisc and Corsola
Team Skull
  • Guzma's Golisopod
  • Plumeria's Salazzle
Aether Foundation
  • Lusamine's Bewear
  • Faba's Hypno
Ultra Recon Squad
  • Dulse's Poipole
  • Soliera's Poipole
Eevee Users
  • Polly's Vaporeon
  • Chad's Flareon
  • Jane's Jolteon
  • Ishaan's Espeon
  • Braiden's Umbreon
  • Rea's Glaceon
  • Linnea's Leafeon
  • Kira's Sylveon
  • Kagetora's Eevee
GAMEFREAK Inc.
  • Morimoto's Dragonite
  • Iwao's Blissey
Trial Captains
  • Ilima's Gumshoos
  • Lana's Araquanid
  • Kiawe's Alolan Marowak
  • Mallow's Tsareena
  • Sophocle's Togedemaru
  • Acerola's Palossand
  • Mina's Ribombee
Kahunas
  • Hala's Crabominable
  • Olivia's Midnight Lycanroc
  • Nanu's Alolan Persian
  • Hapu's Mudsdale
Alolan Elite Four & Founder of Alola's Pokemon League
  • Acerola's Palossand
  • Hala's Crabominable
  • Olivia's Midnight Lycanroc
  • Molayne's Alolan Dugtrio
  • Kahili's Toucannon
  • Kukui's Midday Lycanroc

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Thanks for keeping the trend going for all 7 generations @shoz999.

Only complaint is that Bruxish should’ve been Faba’s ace. Why did they make it Hypno?

Golisopod & Salazzle really fit the roles of Guzma & Plumeria. I’ve always wondered if they make the Pokèmon with their Trainers in mind

Gladion named Silvally after going through the story with the intention of setting it free. That’s true friendship and why Gladion is my favorite rival to date

I like all of the TC’s aces, but Acerola’s Palossand is my favorite. I’m glad they didn’t give her the obvious Mimikyu.

For the Kahunas, it’s a tie between Crabominable and Midnight Lycanroc. (you put Dusk for Olivia). I’d probably go for Midnight Lycanroc

But my favorite ace is Kahili’s Toucannon. Its stern look matches Kahili’s too well.

I’d also add Hau’s Alola Raichu & Decidueye/Incineroar/Primarina

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Silvally, it has a cool design, a good movepool and a pretty dark backstory. It is interesting to see Gladion, an edgy character, really care for his Pokemon, as he also uses a Crobat and a Lucario, who also need high friendship to evolve.
I also like Midday Lycanroc, Ribbombee, Salazzle, Golisopod, Alolan Marowak, Mudsdale and Nebby (regardless of its final evolution).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lilie's Cosmog is my favorite, but only because it played such a huge role in the plot of the games. It was certainly annoying though since it seemed like such a damsel in distress.

Beldarius

Hapu's Mudsdale wins for me. It has such a presence in the story (I think it saves you a few times?) that it stands out. It doesn't help that Mudsdale is one of my favorite Alolan Pokémon due to how powerful it is - I always have one in my team, and in my first playthrough it soloed pretty much the entire Elite Four.

So Mudsdale wins purely because it's immensely useful and powerful, and has a bigger presence in the story than any other Kahuna's Pokémon.