• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Signature Pokemon of the Kalos Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What are "Signature Pokemon"? They are the Ace Pokemon, the strongest of the strong, the most well-known team member, the representation of their trainers. Usually there's only one signature Pokemon but in rare cases like Korrina's team, there can be more than one. Anyways the list is the Favorite Signature Pokemon of the Kalos region. Also keep in mind, signature Pokemon are based on only the games. No Pokemon Adventures manga, no Pokemon anime, just the games.

The list below is just my personal categorization of what I think are the signature Pokemon of each trainers. These are my opinions and do not necessarily represent what the overall fanbase believes. Feel free to disagree or point out anything you feel missing. The Battle Chatelaines have not been included due to the lack of anything that resembles a signature Pokemon.

Known Characters of Kalos
  • Tierno's Crawdaunt
  • Trevor's Florgres
  • AZ's Floette
  • Sina's Glaceon
  • Dexio's Espeon
  • Emma's/Essentia's Espurr
  • Grace's Rhyhorn & Fletchling
Team Flare
  • Lysandre's Gyarados & Pyroar
  • Xerosic's Malamar
  • Mable's Weavile
  • Celosia's Drapion
  • Bryony's Bisharp
  • Aliana's Druddigon
Kalos Gym Leaders
  • Viola's Vivillon
  • Grant's Amaura and Tyrunt
  • Korrina's Lucario and Hawlucha
  • Ramos's Gogoat
  • Clemont's Heliolisk
  • Valerie's Sylveon
  • Olympia's Meowstic
  • Wulfric's Avalugg
Elite Four & Champion
  • Siebold's Barbaracle
  • Wikstrom's Aegislash
  • Drasna's Noivern
  • Malva's Talonflame & Pyroar
  • Diantha's Gardevoir

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Still dislike Diantha having a Mega Gardevoir :/

Definitely Heliolisk & Pyroar. Heliolisk is my third favorite Kalos Pokèmon and I thought a Fire type cat was great Incineroar took that but don’t mind that. Plus these are the only 2 that I immediately associate with their respective Trainers

Also you put “Known Characters of Unova” instead of Kalos

shoz999

Still dislike Diantha having a Mega Gardevoir :/

Definitely Heliolisk & Pyroar. Heliolisk is my third favorite Kalos Pokèmon and I thought a Fire type cat was great Incineroar took that but don’t mind that. Plus these are the only 2 that I immediately associate with their respective Trainers

Also you put “Known Characters of Unova” instead of Kalos
Thanks for pointing that mistake out. On another note, I always thought that was annoying that Diantha had a Mega Gardevoir. They should've gave her at least two signature Pokemons if they wanted Mega Evolution to play a big role. They could've given her that Goodra who is the only Pseudo-Legendary aside from Tyranitar who doesn't appear to be a signature Pokemon of any trainer. Oh man, off-topic but if they ever do a Let's Go Johto, please have a new Johto-Themed Champion with Tyranitar as a Signature Pokemon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Thanks for pointing that mistake out. On another note, I always thought that was annoying that Diantha had a Mega Gardevoir. They should've gave her at least two signature Pokemons if they wanted Mega Evolution to play a big role. They could've given her that Goodra who is the only Pseudo-Legendary aside from Tyranitar who doesn't appear to be a signature Pokemon of any trainer. Oh man, off-topic but if they ever do a Let's Go Johto, please have a new Johto-Themed Champion with Tyranitar as a Signature Pokemon.
I was thinking Florges. Somewhat similar to Cyrus & Cynthia’s relationship, Diantha & Lysandre are somewhat opposites. While Lysandre has fierce and intimidating signature Pokèmon, she has more elegant Pokèmon. While it would give her 2 Fairies, keep in mind she has 2 Rock & Dragon Types (I’d honestly rework her entire team as half her team is used by other important NPCs). And since Florges is Trevor’s ace, I’d give him Trevenant. Pangoro is oddly one of the few Kalos Pokèmon not used by anyone so maybe Diantha could use it? Just spitballing here lol

shoz999

I was thinking Florges. Somewhat similar to Cyrus & Cynthia’s relationship, Diantha & Lysandre are somewhat opposites. While Lysandre has fierce and intimidating signature Pokèmon, she has more elegant Pokèmon. While it would give her 2 Fairies, keep in mind she has 2 Rock & Dragon Types (I’d honestly rework her entire team as half her team is used by other important NPCs). And since Florges is Trevor’s ace, I’d give him Trevenant. Pangoro is oddly one of the few Kalos Pokèmon not used by anyone so maybe Diantha could use it? Just spitballing here lol
If it were up to me, I'd give Diantha's team a more fairytale theme. Honestly her team does have that fairytale look with Gardevoir, Goodra and the two fossil Pokemons synergize pretty well with their king-like features. The only Pokemon that seems out of place however is Hawlucha. Kind of curious why the devs put Hawlucha on her team. Movie star-theme maybe? If it were up to me, the Pangoro Pokemon would make a good replacement.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I love Korrina's signature Pokemon since i'm a fangirl over her and all....

But out of the rest of those......

Pretty much all the 'cute' signatures probably really appeal to me lol (i'm naturally drawn to cuteness~)

Leonhart

Imagineer
In all honesty, the Kalos trainers in general were so easy to beat that I have a hard time remembering their teams: X/Y are mainly a big blur to me overall. The only one that stood out to me was Carnet's (Diantha) Mega Sirnight (Gardevior) since it was the last Pokemon that I fought at the Pokemon League.

Totato

send potatoes
Wikstrom's Aegislash is an obvious answer because you can't have a knight without his sword and shield! But I like Valerie and Sylveon the best, it's a nice reference to her being from Johto. I like to think that she's related to the Kimono girls because of it too.

I'd say Barbaracle as well, because I think a chef would benefit from having a Pokemon that's made of smaller hand monsters. It seems like it would be the most useful in a kitchen out of all the Kalos water types. Maybe it helps prep ingredients or serves food.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Fushiki said:
Absolute favourite is Florges, especially the orange patterned one. It's extremely magical looking and reminds me a lot of the Grass-type.

It always nettled me that it wasn't at least half Grass-type, though. The whole evolutionary line has a flower theme after all and they could've easily been dual type Pokemon, but Game Freak just couldn't be bothered I suppose. Had Florges been part Grass-type, I probably would've used one in my X version team in place of Gogoat. Honestly though, I didn't think it being Trova's (Trevor's) ace Pokemon was a good fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.