• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Signature Pokemon of the Unova region

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What are "Signature Pokemon"? They are the Ace Pokemon, the strongest of the strong, the most well-known team member, the representation of their trainers. Usually there's only one signature Pokemon but in rare cases like N's team, there can be more than one. Anyways the list is the Favorite Signature Pokemon of the Unova region. Also keep in mind, signature Pokemon are based on only the games. No Pokemon Adventures manga, no Pokemon anime, just the games.

The list below is just my personal categorization of what I think are the signature Pokemon of each trainers. These are my opinions and do not necessarily represent what the overall fanbase believes. Feel free to disagree or point out anything you feel missing. The Subway Bosses were excluded to a lack of anything that resembles a signature Pokemon.

Known Characters of Unova
  • Hilbert's/Hilda's Reshirman/Zekrom
  • Fennel's Munna
  • Hugh's sister's Liepard
  • Benga's Volcarona
GAME FREAK Inc.
  • Shigeki Morimoto's Zebstrika
  • Kōji Nishino's Snorlax
Team Plasma
  • N's Zoroark, Zorua & Reshiram/Zekrom
  • Ghetsis's Hydreigon
  • Colress's Klinklang
  • Zinzolin's Weavile
  • Shadow Triad's Absol, Banette, Accelgor & Bisharps.
Unova Gym Leaders
  • Cilan's Pansage
  • Chili's Pansear
  • Cress's Panpour
  • Lenora's Watchog
  • Burgh's Leavanny
  • Elesa's Zebstrika
  • Skyla's Swanna
  • Brycen's Beartic
  • Drayden's Haxorus
  • Roxie's Whirlipede
  • Marlon's Jellicent
Elite Four & Champion
  • Shauntal's Chandelure
  • Grimsley's Bisharp
  • Marshal's Mienshao
  • Caitlin's Gothitelle
  • Alder's Volcarona
  • Iris's Haxorus

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I love the Elemental Monkeys so the Striation Triplets are probably my favorite. Burgh’s Leavanny and Elesa’s Zebstrika are also up there. Hydreigon, Klinklang, Chandelure, Volcarona, & Haxorus are honorary mentions. I like that GF kept the trend going of all the signature Pokèmon fitting their respective Trainers.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I think you meant Zinzolin, not Rood.
I'll go with Haxorus. It looks cool, has a great shiny form, hits very hard and has Mold Breaker, negating abilities such as Sturdy.
I also quite like Zoroark, Swanna, Chandelure, Mienshao and Hydreigon.
You are correct on that. On a side note, have you noticed that Weavile is a very popular team member on villainous teams?

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
That Hydreigon and its Movepool. Yeeeeeeesh.
What’s worse is I, usually, never have anything on my teams to effectively check and/or counter it knowing damn well I’m going to run into it at some point.

Hydreigon is a favorite of mine in many categories, and I like that it gives me somewhat of a challenge when I play the games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SubtleVVeirdoh said:
That Hydreigon and its Movepool. Yeeeeeeesh.
What’s worse is I, usually, never have anything on my teams to effectively check and/or counter it knowing damn well I’m going to run into it at some point.

Hydreigon is a favorite of mine in many categories, and I like that it gives me somewhat of a challenge when I play the games.

I never had a proper counter for it either, and I normally struggled to defeat it. I thought that out of all the Gen V ace Pokemon, Sazandora (Hydreigon) was the most annoying one.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I never had a proper counter for it either, and I normally struggled to defeat it. I thought that out of all the Gen V ace Pokemon, Sazandora (Hydreigon) was the most annoying one.

I remember some of the first BW videos with people confidently sent Rashiram/Zekrom against the Hyreigon just to be one one-shot by it. Everyone knew s. just got serious.

The best counter I remember from back than was Galvantula WHO was faster and had the firepower:)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In terms of just fighting, Hydreigon which was a monster to deal with. I don't think a single Pokemon proved as tough an opponent until Ultra Necrozma, Destroyer of Nuzlockers

Vahnstad

In terms of just fighting, Hydreigon which was a monster to deal with. I don't think a single Pokemon proved as tough an opponent until Ultra Necrozma, Destroyer of Nuzlockers

Hydreigon is a power house, was beaten by him once, second time i survived by using lots of revives and hyper potions.

TwilightBlade

Ghetsis' Hydreigon was the most memorable signature Pokemon for all the wrong reasons. I still think that it was the single hardest Pokemon I've ever faced other than Whitney's Miltank but I kind of liked the challenge as wild as that sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.