• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Sinnoh Location

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Which place(s) in Sinnoh do you like the most? Please explain your choice(s) with a little detail.

Cat's Eye Draco

Snowpoint, mostly for the snow and the isolated atmosphere, but also because the music makes it feel very peaceful. (A little melancholy, too, but mostly peaceful.) I also like Sunyshore for its walkways and lighthouse and Eterna Forest for its spooky feeling and the Old Chateau.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd say Returning (Turnback) Cave was my favorite spot in Shinou since it was fun racing past the pillars searching for Giratina's room although if I'm being honest, Shinou is among my least favorite regions, geographically speaking at least.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I liked Sunyshore City because of the solar panel pathways constructed throughout the city. I thought that it must be a cool idea to have all of the pathways made up of solar panels.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Mt. Coronet, for its enormous size, the fact it splits Sinnoh in two parts, its role in the storyline and its atmospheric music on the upper floors. I also like Victory Road (although its music theme is just awful) and Sendoff Spring for its creepy atmosphere and the fact it appears randomly.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
Mt. Coronet, for its enormous size, the fact it splits Sinnoh in two parts, its role in the storyline and its atmospheric music on the upper floors. I also like Victory Road (although its music theme is just awful) and Sendoff Spring for its creepy atmosphere and the fact it appears radomly.

My issue with Mt. Tengan is that for its size, there's little to do there. Climbing it is difficult as well, almost as tedious as Mt. Shirogane in Jouto.

Aquarelle

Staff member
My favourite area would be Canalave City. I really like the atmosphere created by the city's appearance and music - it just seems so soothing to me.

I also really like the Valor Lakefront. The resort part looks beautiful and the music always makes me very nostalgic.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I love Sunnyshore. The solar panels and the alleviated buildings give it an advanced utopia feel

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
I love Sunnyshore. The solar panels and the alleviated buildings give it an advanced utopia feel

I just wish the city had actually looked advanced and cybernetic instead of looking so roughly designed around some cliffs.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Probably Jubilife City and Sandgem Town.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yarghows said:
Eterna Forest and Mt. Coronet, which respectively are my favourite forest and mountain place out of any Pokémon game.

The forest itself was wonderful in terms of its music, although I didn't like its upgraded Platinum graphics. It made the place seem too gloomy.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Snowpoint and the preceding routes are among my favorite. I love the snow, how it turns to blizzard along the way to Snowpoint; and the crunch. Sometimes I’d run around, just for that. Diamond Dust was a nice touch too.

Fuego Ironworks is cool as well, especially its usefulness pertaining to Star Pieces. Iron Island also gets an honorable mention.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Snowpoint City
Mt Coronet's higher areas
Pokemon Mansion
Eterna Forest

I liked all of the above because they set a strong atmosphere in different ways (I think DPPt did this the best out of all the games)

I really loved Jubilife, Hearthome and Sunnyshore in particular out of the towns/cities for pretty much the same reason + the music
(Think there are way more areas I could list actually)

Leonhart

Imagineer
SubtleVVeirdoh said:
Fuego Ironworks is cool as well, especially its usefulness pertaining to Star Pieces. Iron Island also gets an honorable mention.

I found it highly frustrating due to those spinning movement tiles however, which I disliked in past games as well. But the music inside was calming.

Yureishi

I have to say Snowpoint City and the routes around it. Those plainly white, snowy and sometimes strenuous to walk through paths give the locations an uncommon unicity.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
My ultimate favorite area is Mt. Coronet. It's atmosphere and music on the top is perfect for me. I also like Eterna Forest. For cities/towns: Floaroma Town, Solaceon Town, Valor Lake Front, Canalave City, Twinleaf Town and Hearthome City.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Weird how a region that seems so empty has so much lore. One place that stood out to me was Flower Paradise. There's nothing really special about it in-game, the flowers look eh and it looks pretty empty and small. What I do like is the official artwork featuring that place and the long route to it was compelling. However I'd have to say my favorite would have to be the snowy route. It was fun to go through their once straight-forward to the city but when it comes to exploring and back-tracking, then the snowy routes start getting annoying.

3456064111_b63a21d72c.jpg

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Mt. Coronet, for its enormous size, the fact it splits Sinnoh in two parts, its role in the storyline and its atmospheric music on the upper floors. I also like Victory Road (although its music theme is just awful) and Sendoff Spring for its creepy atmosphere and the fact it appears randomly.
Yeah it is same thing can be said for me as well.