• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Sinnoh Pokémon

Lucy Suzunia

Shiny Hunter
Buizel, Luxray, Glaceon and Garchomp <3

Sprinter1988

My Top 12 favourite fully evolved Sinnoh Pokemon:

I actually don't know which starter I like more, Infernape or Empoleon. I have fond memories of using both of them, though Infernape was usually my go-to choice simply because there were so few fire types (especially in Diamond and Pearl!)

Staraptor always gets on my team whenever I play a Sinnoh game. The Brave Bird/Close Combat mix puts in too much work not to have it!

Luxray was the lion before Pyroar came along and mixing Thunder, Fire and Ice Fang with Night Slash leaves you with a monster! Just wish someone would give it an electric/dark mega!

Gliscor is one of those pokemon who I took one look at and thought "Well, they were bound to start coming with abysmal designs sooner or later" - then Ash caught one, so I trained one and suddenly I was all turned around on the idea. This is currently the only occurrence of the anime making me like a pokemon which I initially hated the look of (it then went on to do the exact opposite with Oshawott, but that's a different matter!)

Floatzel I just like. This thing was my go-to water type whenever I chose Chimchar over Piplup and it's always fun to use, even if it's not all that competitively viable!

Togekiss is the gift from above that the Togepi line needed. After seeing Togepi in the anime for so long before its in-game release that when we finally got a Togepi for ourselves I found it to be such a letdown, and Togetic didn't help at all! Thankfully we were eventually given Togekiss put put everything right!

Lucario and Gallade are always great to use, I've loved Aipom since I first saw it, so Ambipom was always going to win me over even if I didn't like its design at first, while Garchomp is a draconic land shark. What's not to love there?

I didn't really go much on Lopunny for a long time. I never seemed to be able to get Buneary to evolve soon enough to learn return and to me Lopunny was just this odd normal type that I never really got to use.
Then I did a wonderlocke on Pokemon Y and a Lopunny ended up on my team. By the end it was a staple of the team, one of the core four that carried me through to the end (along with a shiny Espeon, Pancake the Goodra and Mapleleaf Serperior - sadly, Mamuska the Darmanitan didn't make it to the end)

Enjolras

Master of the House
I hadn't really realized how much I actually like most of the Gen IV Pokemon. I'll stick with talking about fully evolved Pokemon, since I would be going on forever if I got to say a bit about each first stage Pokemon I like.
Infernape, Floatzel, Honchkrow, Weavile, and Gliscor are just incredibly visually appealing. I don't know if I could accurately and concisely describe what I find appealing about each of them, so I won't try, but they all appear on my list of favorite Pokemon designs. I just wish I had used more of them on my actual in-game teams( I've only truly used Infernape and Weavile in-game).

Now for the fun ones.

Turtwig was my starter in my first Gen IV game, Diamond, so it's only natural that Torterra is one of my favorite Pokemon from this generation. I'm a sucker for turtle based Pokemon, sure, but there's something that seems so powerful about a tortoise that carries a whole environment on its back. I really enjoy the unique Grass/Ground typing and as a whole can't get enough of the Continent Pokemon.

Staraptor is just an absolute beast. Imagine my surprise the first time my wimpy Staravia evolved and became a one man wrecking crew, terrorizing everything in its path with Brave Bird and Close Combat. I relied on Staraptor's sheer power for much of my Diamond and Platinum runs, and I'm not ashamed to say that it is by far my favorite regional bird.

Luxray is another Pokemon whos design I really like. The sprite art in Gen IV gave it an incredibly fierce look that the new 3D model doesn't do justice to. Luxray always exuded strength, even if its movepool in Sinnoh wasn't great. The electric lion was a crucial part of my Platinum team, and was always reliable.

I don't think I ever truly appreciated Gallade until this year. While training up a team for and Elite 4 rematch, I stumbled across Gallade in my search for a fighting type. I immediately fell in love with its high attack, surprisingly high special attack, amazing movepool, and solid design. When it came time for the rematch, Gallade was a star, breezing through Glacia and Steven like it was nothing. I've always liked Gallade from a distance, but never really realized what made others like him so much. Now I know.

Well, this was a fun trip down memory lane! And this is only the surface of the Pokemon I like from this generation! Now I really want remakes.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I like a lot of Sinnoh Pokémon but the ones I like the most are Infernape (first starter of DPPt), Staraptor (cool design), Garchomp (cool design), Leafeon ('cause it's an Eeveelution), Glaceon (same with Leafeon) and all of the Sinnoh Legendaries other than Regigigas.

Kennith

Banned
All Sinnoh legendaries and mythicals, Garchomp, Lucario, Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Electivire, Magmortar, Rhyperior and Spiritomb are my favorites.

I absolutely love generation 4, it's my favorite. I played Pearl when I was in first grade, and I have tons of memories with it!! My favorites would be piplup(I even had a piplup ds pen and a toy from Burger King lol), Buizel(I love water Pokemon), Garchomp(I thought Garchomp was super awesome), and Manaphy!!! I loved its design AND IT WAS WATER TYPE!!

Infernape, Roserade, Glaceon, Leafeon, Lucario, Palkia, Bastiodon, Luxray, Lickilicky, Probopass, Gliscor, Froslass, Mime Jr., Cresselia, & Cherrim! In no specific order.

lactatingRHINO7

I love Cherubi and Cherrim's sun form specifically. I'm really not a fan of Cherrim's other form and I hate how little you end up seeing of the sun form.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I love Cherubi and Cherrim's sun form specifically. I'm really not a fan of Cherrim's other form and I hate how little you end up seeing of the sun form.

Oh, I really like Cherrim's Sunshine Form as well. I think it's beautiful and really love the colour scheme. I remember really liking it from the first time I saw it many years ago and even planned to use it on my Pearl at one point (didn't quite work out, though I would like to try Cherrim on a team some day just for fun).
Cherubi's a cutie, too.

Watty

Glameow is one of my favorit ... because it is an sweet cat! Although i do not like the next evolution ...> o <
But no one likes this or?

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I didn't like Sinnoh's Pokemon much in all honesty. I thought most had bad designs and typings, although Lucario was decent even if he's overrated as hell by most fans.

NPT

Just a member
My favorites are Infernape, Garchomp, Staraptor, Torterra, Magmortar, Rhyperior, Spiritomb, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus and Shaymin.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Rotom for me, I just love its unique design as an electrical ghost that possesses machinery, just too bad the games never explored that much, locking the machine forms behind events and even making the wild one very obscure. Also really like Shaymin, Leafeon, Glaceon, Heatran, Luxray, and Torterra.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Rotom for me, I just love its unique design as an electrical ghost that possesses machinery, just too bad the games never explored that much, locking the machine forms behind events and even making the wild one very obscure.

I've always liked Rotom for these reasons, it has a really cool design IMO and the whole thing about possessing appliances made it very memorable to me. I regret not doing the Secret Key event on Platinum (didn't know anything about how wi-fi worked back then...) as I would've loved to have been able to use Rotom's forms on that game.

Izanagi777

Well, similar to other generation, i'll post my top 5 :

1. Empoleon : Probably my all time favorite starter, the combination between Water and Steel type is awesome IMO and aside of it's weakness, it's practically strong against any other type given that Steel type give a lot of resistance.. It's design also the best compare to other starters..

2. Dialga : Probably one of my all time favorite Legendary Pokemon.. A member of Creation Trio (which is also my favorite Legendary Trio) which has a Dragon/Steel type which allow it to lost the weakness against most dragon's nightmare such as a fellow dragon type, ice type, and even Fairy type in the later generation

3. Garchomp : My personal favorite pseudo-legend.. Has a high stats in both Attack and Speed which is perfect for my tactic.. While being a pseudo-legend, it doesn't really that hard to train it given it's evolutionary line is pretty normal compare to other pseudo-legend (whereas with Hydreigon, you have to train your Zweilous until lvl 64 for example)

4. Arceus : Basically the most powerful pokemon that ever existed although sadly you can't never use it except you use cheat code to make us gain an Azure Flute.. I thought the way that it can transform to basically any type without limit is one of the most over-powered ability that pokemon can have..

5. Lucario : My favorite Fighting type pokemon which also have an unique combination between Steel/Fighting back in Gen IV and made it to become a fighting type with a great defense which make a perfect combination for a fighting type pokemon(given that their original offensive capability has always excellent).. It's design also one of the most unique and the best out of Gen IV Pokemon

Elite4woolfy

✽✽✽✽✽✽
I really like Lopunny, It just looks so pretty and regal.

Last edited:

WolfeyStar

Ganbaruby!
The best Sinnoh Pokemon to me is hands down Luxray! I know it's stats and moves are meh, but I remember in my Pearl game I basically solo'd the entire game with a Luxray.

Raichael

Here are my favourite Sinnoh Pokemon:

Mismagius: I have a soft spot for Ghost Pokemon, and I think it's a nice, fitting evolution from Misdreavus.
Rotom: I love its face, and as others have said, I like the concept of a ghost that can possess electrical appliances (and the Pokedex later on)
Drifloon/Drifblim: Very cute design; the yellow X mouth kinda reminds me of Miffy for some reason. And the latter has a nice, groovy cry.
Lucario: Mainly for its usefulness in battle rather than appearance