• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Sinnoh Pokémon

CrimsonAce777

Definitely chimchar and it's evolutionary line. Pachirisu, torterra (its prevolutions are okay...) cherrim sun form, buizel (I actually like it's look better than floatzel.) gallade and weavile for sure, rhyperior, magnezone, uxie and azelf (mesprit is okay, but the 4 idk what word to use? Bulbs? Ears? The raindrop looking things. Ruin its look for me.) lucario and riolu, shieldon cause its adorable, phione (don't like manaphy tho.) regigigas. Who else was in gen 4?

Also slightly off topic maybe? Bidoof and bibarel, why nintendo? Why design a pokemon that someone looks at and immediately says "well your an HM slave for sure." Like seriously they just look sooooo BAD, like soo bad they look dumb. (This carries on to patrat and watchog in gen 5. But that really is off topic )

Leonhart

Imagineer
Before Generation 4, Sneasel was my favourite Pokémon, but unfortunately it wasn't very good.

Then they gave it an evolution, and I'm so glad they did. Weavile has a cool design that instantly clicked with me (and it gets even more interesting when you look deeper into it) and is actually usable in battle.

With this in mind, it's obvious that Weavile is my favourite Pokémon from Sinnoh and to this day it is still my favourite Pokémon overall. I still love Sneasel just as much, though.

Kind of a sad story, but I loved Manyula (Weavile) when it was first revealed in 2005, and its official artwork reveal a year later made me like it even more. However, I never used one when I played Diamond the first time because of how late in the game Nyula (Sneasel) is found.

Kirby Dragons

Sinnoh Pokémon are just so awesome. Half of my top 10 favorite Pokémon are from Sinnoh, those being (from least to most preferred) Darkrai, Mesprit, Lopunny, Empoleon, and Dialga.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Glaceon! But I love most Ice-type pokemon anyway

Glacia (Glaceon) is a favorite of mine as well, although as far as Shinou's Ice-types go, I still prefer Yukinooh (Abomasnow) when it comes to theme and design. It's just a shame that the species has so many vulnerabilities.

Cíconne

Banned
I guess if I had to pick just one it would be Roserade. Apart from the design, I really like how Roselia went from being a single stage Pokémon to having a really good pre-evo and evolution.

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
Luxray has always been one of my favourites since it was released!

I love the electric type and it was part cat too?! Win win. xD

Runner up would be Spiritomb, I love that thing in battles.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I guess if I had to pick just one it would be Roserade. Apart from the design, I really like how Roselia went from being a single stage Pokémon to having a really good pre-evo and evolution.
I've really grown to like Roserade over the years. I too liked seeing Roselia go from being a standalone Pokemon to having a full evolution line. Budew's cute and I was glad that Roselia got an evolution with higher stats.

Roserade's design is really pretty to me, too (I often like flowery Pokemon).

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
My favourite gen, and one of the reasons was the pokemon. If I was to put together my top 10 list of my all time favourite Pokemon, I think they'd be mostly from Sinnoh
My favourites were (especially):

Torterra
Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape
Piplup, Empoleon
Starly, Staravia, Staraptor (RIP its pre gen VI cry)
Shinx, Luxio, Luxray
Budew, Roserade
Floatzel
Shieldon
Rampardos
Gible, Gabite, Garchomp
Riolu, Lucario
Leafeon
Glaceon
Gliscor
Electivire
Gallade
Togekiss
Heatran
Darkrai
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina

Shaymin

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Dialga: Has two of my favorite types. Time manipulation is my favorite superpower, and it would be extremely useful to have in real life.
Empoleon: Penguins are my favorite animal. When I battled Cynthia for the first time, I won because of this guy; he knocked out four of her Pokémon.
Lopunny: Lopunny is one of the first Pokémon I've ever seen, and when I did, I was quickly swayed by its design. It gets Drain Punch (my second favorite move) and is Human-Like (my favorite Egg Group). Mega Lopunny is fun to use.
Mesprit: Mesprit became my second favorite Pokémon when I was randomly picking a Pokémon to be my second favorite, and it ended up who I chose. After learning more about it though, I saw some qualities that I liked. It's a premiere example of a Psychic-type. I like it and the other Lake Guardians. Mesprit is no longer my second favorite Pokémon, but it's still top 10.
Darkrai: It gets Drain Punch. It is the best example of a Dark-type, that emphasizes "Dark"-type instead of "Evil"-type. It looks cool in its movie (which I haven't seen yet).
Dusknoir: He has a cool Trick Room. He is the best, ghostiest example of a Ghost-type, while still looking unique.
Lucario: It got into Smash Bros. It can use Drain Punch, and a bunch of other moves. It is a Fighting-type, and Human-Like/Field like Lopunny.
Rampardos: It is the only pure Rock-type Fossil. It exhibits sheer power with a devastating high Attack, among the highest of all mons.

Rhody

The Adorable Gliscor
I believe Grotle, Bibarel, Luxray, Rampardos, Buizel, Skuntank, Garchomp, Lucario, Toxicroak, Weavile, Rhyperior, Electivire, Gliscor, Palkia, and Heatran would all make up my top fifteen favorite Sinnoh Pokemon. Oh, and Gliscor's my number one! :p

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Ohhhh Lucario hands down so much LUCARIO IS THE BEST korrina train's him anyways ;3

Leonhart

Imagineer
I believe Grotle, Bibarel, Luxray, Rampardos, Buizel, Skuntank, Garchomp, Lucario, Toxicroak, Weavile, Rhyperior, Electivire, Gliscor, Palkia, and Heatran would all make up my top fifteen favorite Sinnoh Pokemon. Oh, and Gliscor's my number one! :p

I didn't like Glion (Gliscor) much until I played Platinum version, which changed my opinion of the species. It was Glion's new sprite which made the difference since it looked cool to me.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Gen 4 was my least favorite mostly because a lot of the designs were lackluster to me and the story, music, and gameplay was really bland to me, but I definitely do like quite a few Pokemon from this region, my top 10 would be:

1) Weavile
2) Gallade
3) Honchkrow
4) Leafeon
5) Torterra
6) Lumineon
7) Rampardos
8) Lucario
9) Garchomp
10) Luxray

Honorable mentions: Drapion, Skuntank, Gliscor, Mothim, and Vespiquen.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Sinnoh was my first region so there’s bound to be a lot of Pokémon in its Pokédex that speak to me. There’s one that comes to mind in particular, but it’s not due to any kind of nostalgia, I actually didnt start liking it until later in life.

Porygon-Z. This Pokémon oozes with character in its animations and facial expression, and the concept is just funny. I love programming and graphics so its origin really sits with me too and I think they nailed a Pokémon based on the source material. As frustrating as programming errors can be, they can be very funny too.

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

Completely New: Infernape, Empoleon, Staraptor, Garchomp, Floatzel, Luxray, Lopunny and Lucario

Evolved from earlier pokemon: Gliscor, Ambipom, Weavile, Misdreavus, Honchkrow, Togekiss - all for making their previous evolutions worthwhile.

Also Gallade and Glaceon - their previous evolutions were already worthwhile, but these were welcome alternate evolutions.

ThisIsPatrick

I'm a fan of most of the Sinnoh Dex so it's hard to narrow it down but my top five are in no particular order
Torterra
Infernape
Leafeon
Bidoof (give the hm slave some slack aight)
Drifblim