• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Sinnoh Pokémon

Chiaki Bunny

Get In The Bag, Nebby!
Oh, so difficult to choose! Hmm... I'd have to go with Porygon-Z, Palkia, Cresselia, Lucario, and Uxie. :p

Such great and unique designs... I fell in love with them all after seeing it in-game for the first time!

BlisseyEX

The happiness Pokémon
Shaymin (land form) is super cute! I think this has to be my favourite Sinnoh design...
Togekiss is also a favourite of mine.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Oh, so difficult to choose! Hmm... I'd have to go with Porygon-Z, Palkia, Cresselia, Lucario, and Uxie. :p

Such great and unique designs... I fell in love with them all after seeing it in-game for the first time!

Porygon-Z was an improvement over its previous two stages, although I wasn't fond of its evolution method since it required yet another trade with an item attached.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Empoleon. I like the Emperor design and Steel-types are my favorite so seeing a rare Water/Steel combo was pretty cool.

Acerola

::A Smitten Kitten With One Mitten::
Togekiss
Leafeon
Bidoof
Lopunny

Yup.

Also:
Delelelele woooooooop!
402-f.png

c:

Leonhart

Imagineer
SavetheWailmers said:
I liked Gen 4's evolution of old Pokémon. Most of them are great improvements on their older counterparts.

In terms of their stats, I'd agree. Although many of them such as Dainose (Probopass) and Yonoir (Dusknoir) had awful designs compared to their pre-evolved forms.

20LigerZero16

"..........................."
Absolute favorite Sinnoh Pokemon: Lucario, Riolu, Darkrai, Shaymin, Giratina, Palkia, Dialga, Rotom, Electivire, Croagunk, Skorupi, Drapion, The whole Garchomp line, Gallade, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Infernape, Monferno and last but not least, Chimchar.

Last edited:

Evanibble

Torterra is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon. That, and I really like Magmortar too. The way that Gen 4 added in old evolutions was really neat.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
That's so hard because I love pretty much all of Sinnoh's roster (yes, even Probopass). If I had to choose on the spot, Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Porygon Z, Electivire, Magmortar, and Garchomp would instantly come to mind

Leonhart

Imagineer
Evanibble said:
The way that Gen 4 added in old evolutions was really neat.

I found some of them kind of hideous though, such as Togekiss which made me dislike the Togepy line somewhat.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I found some of them kind of hideous though, such as Togekiss which made me dislike the Togepy line somewhat.
Care to elaborate on what is wrong with Togekiss? It is rather slow, but has an amazing Special Attack and good bulk, as well as a vast movepool and Serene Grace. Or does it have to do with its design?

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Staraptor: One of my favorite Pokemon overall. I just think it looks really cool with the red-tipped crest and intimating gaze. The fact that it has Intimidate as an ability and can learn a ton of good moves like Close Combat, Braze Bird, Return, U-Turn and Roost makes it one of my favorites, being so ever since I was a kid.

Garchomp: This Pokemon was God-Like to me as a kid. Took me a month as a kid to beat Cynthia and her Garchomp was one of the main reasons I struggled so much. I've used it on play throughs since and it's always satisfying and fun to use and is one of my favorite Pokemon to use on Showdown!

Bronzong: I like this Pokemon but not many people talk about it. It's great for a Sinnoh play through with it's high defenses and decent offensive stats. While it may be seen as a poor-man's Metagross (which I also love), I still like Bronzong.

Gliscor: One of my favorite Pokemon to use in competitive battling due to it's stalling abilities with Toxic Heal and the fact that it can also deal damage with Sword Dance boosted Facades and Earthquakes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
Care to elaborate on what is wrong with Togekiss? It is rather slow, but has an amazing Special Attack and good bulk, as well as a vast movepool and Serene Grace. Or does it have to do with its design?

I simply don't find its design very appealing. I think it's solid in terms of stats and movepool, but when I selected my teams for Gen IV games I usually focused on appearance more than a Pokemon's battle potential.

Yureishi

Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Roserade, Vespiquen, Gastrodon, Ambipom, Drifblim, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Bronzong, Garchomp, Lucario, Abomasnow, Weavile, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, Leafeon, Glaceon, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Dusknoir and Froslass are some of my favourites.