• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Strategy Games (Real-Time or Turn-Based)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
As the title says, any favorite strategy games?

A favorite and frustrating series is the Total War series. Loving Warhammer. Far more diversity in the faction's armies as opposed to how previous games had more or less the same build. Playing Bretonnia right now. Definitely different from the Dwarves. The Dwarves faction is all about rapid Empire and economy building. Bretonnia is more about building experience for your armies and heroes in a small area, hardening them to a small but Elite Force while building your Empire slowly through diplomacy by joining your territories with other factions peacefully rather than through conquest. Until the Wood Elves and Warriors of Chaos attack. Than it's free real estate lol!

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Fire Emblem and Devil Survivor.

Yeah yeah the former's pretty popular but it's pretty much the reason I wanna give other strategy games a try in the first place because I love the series so much. The gameplay always has a tendency to just make me go "okay just one more action and then I'll take a break" but keep repeating myself again and again. And on top of the gameplay, plenty of them have stories and characters I absolutely adore.

Devil Survivor is pretty much the same, except it's Shin Megami Tensei! Aka the franchise Persona is a spin-off from, aka another series I really really love and this one's no different. So this series fills the plot need even more with its storyline focusing on the choices of the character and what ending that will trigger while using demons and monsters and so on to fight, with customizable stat growth for the MC. Or, put simply, this is the actual Fire Emblem x SMT crossover in terms of gameplay.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I'm a big fan of both types of strategy games. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 1 was one of the first games I played and what kicked off my love of RTS games. Since then I've played every C&C game, StarCraft II, and plenty of others. Suppose my favorite part is just building a nice looking base.

Since Pokemon was one of the first games I played I also enjoy most turn based strategy games. Pokemon and Fire Emblem have simple enough mechanics that they're enjoyable to play. However I dont have the patience for turn based games that have bosses with millions of hit points. Those battles tend to last too long and I grow impatient with them since I've got other things to do.