1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Team Galactic Member

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Mega Altaria, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

Which member of Team Galactic is you favorite? It can be anyone from Team Galactic, especially the Commanders and the leader Cyrus himself. Please explain your choice(s) a little bit.

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Akagi (Cyrus), because as crazy as he was, he seemed genuinely competent since he was extremely close to achieving his goal. I just wish he didn't look so dead.

3. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

I would say it has to be Cyrus. I find it interesting that his coldness and nihilism contrasts so well with the fact that he has a Crobat to show that he bonds well with his Pokémon. And he was pretty tough in Platinum in the battle at the Distortion World too.

4. MockingJ

MockingJ Well-Known Member

Mars because she seemed to love Cyrus as shown in the cartoon when his departure left her devastated. I liked her design overall too.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

It's funny because when D/P were still unreleased, Mars was revealed in Coro Coro and many people thought she was the main villain, which I wish had happened.

6. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

To be honest, Team Galactic - as characters - never made much of an impression on me outside of Charon, whose implied experiments on the Lake Guardians were quite creepy. And Cyrus, I suppose, for his dream of a new world and how close he came to achieving it. His apparent charisma despite his somewhat detached demeanor was kind of an interesting contradiction, actually.

7. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Cyrus, because I like his Pokemon team (it is tough to beat, and his Golbat clearly likes him, since it eventually evolves into Crobat) and he actually has a backstory. Saturn is good, too, because I like Toxicroak as a Pokemon (Skuntank is meh and Purugly...just no) and he looks cool.

Leonhart likes this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I find his Golbat's evolution very ironic though since Akagi never showed much emotion in general, which made me wonder why Golbat even had affection for him.

9. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

This is a tough one. I personally like all of them from Pokemon Adventures.

• Adventures take on Cyrus is easily the most intimidating however how he progresses as a character will blow your mind. Also I love how Kusaka gave him Magnezone and Probopass as it actually makes a lot of sense as it concerns magnetic properties. There is actually a lot going in that artwork of Cyrus than meets the eye. Cyrus (whose name means "The Sun") stands here as his two magnetic Pokemon orbit around him like a solar system. It's from this cool picture that says he's the leader, he's the one in charge.
    • As for Saturn, I love his undying loyalty to Cyrus even after Cyrus punished him for taking things in his own hands.
    • Mars is a cute somewhat creepy girl. Honestly I think GameFreak took a look at her and said, "This is what Courtney is going to be in the ORAS remakes!"
    • Then we have Jupiter who is portrayed as somewhat the muscle of the four, having the stronger more tankier Pokemon on the team.
    • Finally we have Charon who is only looking out for himself, he has none of the strong loyalty of his other fellow Galactic comamnders which actually makes him fairly interesting how far he's going to go to pursue his targets!
    I don't know about you but I FREAKING LOVE THE MANGA ARTWORK down below! Look at the freaking details, the paint-like texture, shading, shadows, how they interact with their Pokemon! SO FREAKING AWESOME! Actually looking at it again, the paint-like details kind of reminds me of Ken Sugimori's older artwork for Pokemon.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  10. Yureishi

Yureishi Dresseuse Normale

I have to say Cyrus mostly for his dark, crazy yet somewhat deeply calm figure/personality. It's cool however how him and the commanders appear to be such serious and powerful trainers.

11. Ignition

Ignition Aizawa is my mood 25/8

I love Cyrus (he's my favorite team leader) but Saturn is definitely my favorite Galactic Commander. He's snarky but loyal and his ace (Toxicroak) is my favorite of the 4. Plus his VA in the anime is an instant yes.