• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Which member of Team Galactic is you favorite? It can be anyone from Team Galactic, especially the Commanders and the leader Cyrus himself. Please explain your choice(s) a little bit.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Akagi (Cyrus), because as crazy as he was, he seemed genuinely competent since he was extremely close to achieving his goal. I just wish he didn't look so dead.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I would say it has to be Cyrus. I find it interesting that his coldness and nihilism contrasts so well with the fact that he has a Crobat to show that he bonds well with his Pokémon. And he was pretty tough in Platinum in the battle at the Distortion World too.

MockingJ

Banned
Mars because she seemed to love Cyrus as shown in the cartoon when his departure left her devastated. I liked her design overall too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
Mars because she seemed to love Cyrus as shown in the cartoon when his departure left her devastated. I liked her design overall too.

It's funny because when D/P were still unreleased, Mars was revealed in Coro Coro and many people thought she was the main villain, which I wish had happened.

Cat's Eye Draco

To be honest, Team Galactic - as characters - never made much of an impression on me outside of Charon, whose implied experiments on the Lake Guardians were quite creepy. And Cyrus, I suppose, for his dream of a new world and how close he came to achieving it. His apparent charisma despite his somewhat detached demeanor was kind of an interesting contradiction, actually.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Cyrus, because I like his Pokemon team (it is tough to beat, and his Golbat clearly likes him, since it eventually evolves into Crobat) and he actually has a backstory. Saturn is good, too, because I like Toxicroak as a Pokemon (Skuntank is meh and Purugly...just no) and he looks cool.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
Cyrus, because I like his Pokemon team (it is tough to beat, and his Golbat clearly likes him, since it eventually evolves into Crobat) and he actually has a backstory.

I find his Golbat's evolution very ironic though since Akagi never showed much emotion in general, which made me wonder why Golbat even had affection for him.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This is a tough one. I personally like all of them from Pokemon Adventures.

• Adventures take on Cyrus is easily the most intimidating however how he progresses as a character will blow your mind. Also I love how Kusaka gave him Magnezone and Probopass as it actually makes a lot of sense as it concerns magnetic properties. There is actually a lot going in that artwork of Cyrus than meets the eye. Cyrus (whose name means "The Sun") stands here as his two magnetic Pokemon orbit around him like a solar system. It's from this cool picture that says he's the leader, he's the one in charge.
  • As for Saturn, I love his undying loyalty to Cyrus even after Cyrus punished him for taking things in his own hands.
  • Mars is a cute somewhat creepy girl. Honestly I think GameFreak took a look at her and said, "This is what Courtney is going to be in the ORAS remakes!"
  • Then we have Jupiter who is portrayed as somewhat the muscle of the four, having the stronger more tankier Pokemon on the team.
  • Finally we have Charon who is only looking out for himself, he has none of the strong loyalty of his other fellow Galactic comamnders which actually makes him fairly interesting how far he's going to go to pursue his targets!
I don't know about you but I FREAKING LOVE THE MANGA ARTWORK down below! Look at the freaking details, the paint-like texture, shading, shadows, how they interact with their Pokemon! SO FREAKING AWESOME! Actually looking at it again, the paint-like details kind of reminds me of Ken Sugimori's older artwork for Pokemon.

220px-Cyrus_Adventures.png
250px-Mars_Saturn_Adventures.png

vAJpuGo.png

Last edited:

Yureishi

I have to say Cyrus mostly for his dark, crazy yet somewhat deeply calm figure/personality. It's cool however how him and the commanders appear to be such serious and powerful trainers.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I love Cyrus (he's my favorite team leader) but Saturn is definitely my favorite Galactic Commander. He's snarky but loyal and his ace (Toxicroak) is my favorite of the 4. Plus his VA in the anime is an instant yes.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
2G1FZLC.png

Honestly I think fans like Cyrus more out of his intriguing personality and philosophy, not his villainous plan to create a universe. That's one of the main reasons why Cyrus's progression of a character in Pokemon Adventures is so compelling. Even after what happened in the Platinum chapter, it's still to an extant faithful to GameFreak's design, Cyrus coming up with a very interesting conclusion of what makes a person "complete".

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yureishi said:
It's cool however how him and the commanders appear to be such serious and powerful trainers.

I used to wish that Mars and Jupiter were found in D/P's post-game like Saturn was. Platinum fixed that two years later of course, but by then I no longer cared for them as much.