• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite team.

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
while I keep pokemon teams in all strength classes and nearly all types, I (and most of you as well) have a favorite team that you use the most. mine is
;395; ;254; ;473; ;213; ;078; ;448;(my basic future diamond team) what's yours?

Pokechuppa

'Bi-bi!'
well i thought id reply.

mine would be: ;489;;026;;330;;251;;152;;134; (probz my dp team)

pokechuppa x

Last edited:

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
lucarioso, your team discriminates against old pokemon. and what's worse, It mixes OU and NU and UU pokemon into the same team, something that will make you an outcast in the wifi battling world. (I don't hate NU and UU pokemon, I just keep them separate.) (in case you didn't know, OU, UU, and NU are strength classes generally separated in competitive battling. Uber is also one, and contains the better legendaries and wobbufett.

Edit: pokechuppa, your mixed team is also strange, I just adressed this to lucarioso because he seemed more serious and less harmless. I also adressed it to him because he seems to think 3rd, 2nd, and 1st gen pokemon are outdated, which is... I can't even think of a word for such... Stupidity???

sorry if I made either of you mad, this is just the way I am... :(

Last edited:
Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon, Aruseus, Wobbuffett, Latias

Vycksta

Six Sneasels or Sneasel, Persian, Misdreavus, Cradily, Rentoraa and Gyarados.

Biased? Me? Definitely.

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon, Aruseus, Wobbuffett, Latias
nice attempt at a 1-class team, but you accidentally mixed OU into your Uber when you included Latias.

Last edited:

Sim

Latias IS classified as 'Uber'.

And who cares if a team mixes UU, NU, OU, BL and all those other tiers. Its sad when it becomes all that top tier Pokémon ONLY stuff and destroys variety in teams to the point where everyone uses Pokémon like Blissey, Snorlax, Salamence, Gengar, Skarmory, etc.

If people want to make their teams like that fine, but telling them NOT to make the team THEY want is none of your business.

And your telling people that their mixing different tier Pokémon, but so are you.. o_O
I don't think Rapidash and Shuckle are in the same tier as Sceptile IIRC. But then again I'm judging from advance gen and not DP where it is not yet possible to sort Pokémon into tiers.

And THE MEWTILATOR, you can't tell which Pokémon fall into which tiers for Diamond and Pearl yet. The Diamond and Pearl metagame doesn't even exist yet.
I don't intend on sounding mean and I hope I got my point accross.

My favourite team is composed of Seviper, Aerodactyl, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Charizard and Salamence. Arbok switches in with Seviper occasionally.
Yeah, all reptiles :D

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
Don't yell at me. I don't just use top-tier pokemon. I just separate them.
P.S. Latias doesn't deserve to be uber, if she is. neither does latios, kureseria, or any of legend trios (unless you count Groudon, etc. as one of the trios.) And I probably shouldn't yell at people for using mixed-tier teams; It's sort of hipocrital because for confidential strategic reasons I keep the OU pokemon Sceptile and Gengar in my Uber team. And Shuckle IS OU, a nearly indestructible turtle-esque fungus that sits around using toxic is pretty good if you ask me. And yeah, I guess in the advance gen you could call Rapidash UU because of small phys. movepool.

maybe I am being dumb, but for the record, I try only to yell at the ones who seriously think their mixed team would do good competively.

also why are you defending tier mixers I'm pretty sure your team is all-OU except when you swap seviper with arbok.

also, I'm not getting mad at you I'm just defending my self from seeming mean which you did a good job of making me look like.

Last edited:

Sim

Don't yell at me. I don't just use top-tier pokemon. I just separate them.
P.S. Latias doesn't deserve to be uber, if she is. neither does latios, kureseria, or any of legend trios (unless you count Groudon, etc. as one of the trios.) And I probably shouldn't yell at people for using mixed-tier teams; It's sort of hipocrital because for confidential strategic reasons I keep the OU pokemon Sceptile and Gengar in my Uber team. And Shuckle IS OU, a nearly indestructible turtle-esque fungus that sits around using toxic is pretty good if you ask me. And yeah, I guess in the advance gen you could call Rapidash UU because of small phys. movepool.

maybe I am being dumb, but for the record, I try only to yell at the ones who seriously think their mixed team would do good competively.

also why are you defending tier mixers I'm pretty sure your team is all-OU except when you swap seviper with arbok.

also, I'm not getting mad at you I'm just defending my self from seeming mean which you did a good job of making me look like.
I'm not yelling at you and I'm sorry if thats the way it seemed.

Latias and Latios DO deserve that position in tiers, as they have excellent typing, a great movepool and a useful ability. Lets not forget great stats as well.
This basically gives a more detailed explanation:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=61601
The current trios are not and the future ones are probably not going to be either. Crecelia is doubtful too.

Pure uber teams don't necesarilly mean they are the best either. Shedinja (an underused) usually walls Kyogre, Latias, Latios and most of the uber Pokémon completely.

Shuckle is underused.
http://www.smogon.com/rs/tiers
Its not too good either to be honest, since it takes time to work. Its main problem however, is that poor HP. Super-effective hits really take HUGE dents out of Shuckle's HP. It's an ok Pokémon, but not THAT good. It can work though.

Arbok is underused
Seviper is underused
Aerodactyl is standard (ou)
Feraligatr is underused
Sceptile is standard (ou)
Charizard is borderline
Salamence is standard (ou)

The reason why I posted what i did is because when people post teams (outside of RMT) without wanting advice, and as you pointed out, without claiming its undefeatable and whatnot, it's unfair and unwanted to criticise it.

But my previous post sums up what I wanted to say anyway.

I suppose some of my anger stems from seeing many others criticising teams out of nowhere and I assumed you were thinking in that same brainless way.
Brainless, because its almost robotic: Someone says there team is like all non-legendaries plus Latias (actually happened once) and people were like:
OMG LATIAS IS UBER, YOUR TEAM IS UNFAIR!!
REMOVE LATIAS NOW!!!
etc.
This was NOT in CRMT by the way.