• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Teasing Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Throughout Pokemon history, their have been many many teasing moments. This can range from the fictional characters themselves teasing or gossiping about how characters should be a couple, sometimes right at their faces, to the non-fictional crew behind the games, anime's or manga's that tease moments of hinting them being a couple at fans. So what are your favorite teasing moments?

I'll start with a favorite of mines, Laverreshipping or X (Calem) + Y (Serena). However to lessen confusion to newcomers, I will call these two teenagers, Calem and Serena. Also remember that there is pretty much no spoilers in this strip, so have no fears if your interested in this manga! What I find interesting about the Adventures take on Serena is that she's not the one being teased here lol like in the anime. She's the one who teases Calem who is in someways the manga equivalent of Ash who acts in Calem's game role in the anime. It's a funny moment how we see the serious loner pushed into an awkward situation by his long-time childhood friend. Just when Calem thinks he's in the clear lol... Serena pops in at the last second, teasing him again, startling the young man. Don't know about you but I like this take on the Serena character ten times better than the anime one.

yUA6VlI.png

Last edited:

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
*cracks knuckles*

Well, my favorite ship, Pokeshipping, is literally known for the two characters constantly teasing each other. Although, they roast each other a lot, they’re always shown to be there for each other when it counts.

One of my favorite moments is from Tower of Terror. Misty and Brock are waiting outside of the Tower for Ash and Misty starts to get really concerned, with a smirk on his face, Ash says “so Misty, you’re really worried about me!” I like this moment because he seems a little shocked and impressed that Misty cares and then he takes the opportunity to tease her and lifts her in the air. “Come take a ride with me, Misty!”

In The School of Hard Knocks
Ash and the gang watch as Giselle and Joe talk and share a moment, and then Ash teases Misty and says “Misty why can’t we be like that?” Misty of course proceeds to spazz lol. Also earlier in the episode Joe shows a picture of Giselle to the gang and Misty asks why Joe would even carry a picture of her to which he responds about how he might not like how she treats them but he likes how she looks, and Ash counters with “yeah unlike some girls who treat you bad and look even worse.” Just because it’s funny and a classic example of their early OS dynamic :p

In The March of the Exeggutor Squad
Misty was on stage for a magic act, wearing a dress. Ash teases Misty and says “that’s a real cute outfit Misty,” causing the biggest blush out of Misty in the show.

In When Regions Collide
After Ash defeats Misty in battle, Misty compliments him..
Misty: I think you’ve gotten a bit stronger, Ash!
Ash (gets smug): Gotta agree with you!
Misty: But that little kid inside of you still stays just the same!
Ash: little kid??

Another moment in this episode
When Misty reveals her mega evolution on her hair tie
Ash: you’ve got one too?
Misty then winks and says, “looks great on me, don’t you think?”

Also in that same episode, this is only included in the Japanese verison
Ash shows off his z ring to Brock and Misty and says “Cool isn’t it?” Misty then says “let me have it!” as she grabs his arm, then she taps on the nose and says she’s just kidding.

I’m going to stop here because I would eventually get into their roasts and that would take all day xP

But as for my favorite moments of other people teasing them..

In the entire movie 2000, Melody constantly teasing Misty about Ash are some good moments but my absolute favorite moments of other people teasing them are toss up between Tracey teasing them and Team Rocket.

(I’m not sure what English episode title this is because I’m going off the Japanese episode for reference so if anyone remembers it in English, please let me know!)

Misty: They say you hate the ones you love, right?
Tracey: I think you’re right, it’s same with you Misty and Ash!
(He gets the ultimate glares from them right after :p)

In the Pokéball Perril
James: Jessie I think we’ve accidentally caught a pair of very romantic creatures in our cage!
Jessie: You mean..awww!
Meowth: they’re love birds!
Ash and Misty then start blushing like crazy. In the original, team Rocket insinuates that they’ve eloped.

shoz999

28374447042_e0f116d258.jpg

Who remembers sick Ash and Serena wearing Ash's clothing. That was a really fun episode and the moment when Ash comes out, resting his head against Serena's arm. That couldn't be more obvious than the anime crew teasing the fans.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Two most funny teasing moments imo were-
1 in DP when lyra was pushing dawn towards first khoury and then towards ash. I think this was the one of the rare moments where pearl having a romantic angle.
2 in XYZ episode 22, when ash fell on serena and was trying to say Iron tail, and was just able to say I, that was a funny moment.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
My personal favorite one is from DP when Lyra was pushing Dawn towards Khoury so she could have Ash to herself, lets be real but then realized she had feelings for Khoury so she kept constantly trying to push Dawn and Ash together. A rare occurance in DP where someone was shipping Ash and Dawn together and me, being the hardcore Pearlshipper I am, loved every minute of it.

I also enjoy the episodes in XY that Miette was in. I love the competition they had going and poor Ash didn’t even know that he was the prize how Mietta kept pushing Serena to confess her feelings for Ash.

shoz999

You know how Kusaka teased his fans that Specialshipping, Franticshipping, Chosenshipping and Mangaquestshipping could be canon in that one scene where they all look towards a bright future together? What if I told you there was also a subtle tease to Adventure fans that AgencyShipping could be canon?

KpsJiNn.png

What's interesting about this iconic scene is how the two hold hands as "friends" during an interesting artistic shot that meshes pitch black and paper white together, grey spots forming in the background that descent from black to white. Even without the little artistic details, it's pretty obvious from how the "camera" or panel shapes this artistic scene as a classic reunion scene seen from romance movies.

flod1

I would say in the episode "Balance of Power" where may wants ash to win instead of her dad. I do know she said "I want dad to win but I also don't want Ash to lose either" Despite saying that she was seen only concerned when ash's pokemon were hurt not her dads. And worried when ash was close to losing.

What I mean is, she seriously roots for ash instead of her dad. Which only could show she likes ash more....

Status
Not open for further replies.