• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite thing about serebii?

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
The community around here is nice with others. I feel at home here, and there are so many interesting topics in this forum. Best for last ; after almost 18 years, it is still very lively, compared to other communities which everyone left for some reason...

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
The community around here is nice with others. I feel at home here, and there are so many interesting topics in this forum. Best for last ; after almost 18 years, it is still very lively, compared to other communities which everyone left for some reason...

The Roleplaying Section. They have standards like I've never seen on other Roleplaying forums. The community is pretty good too.

I'm basically in the same boat.

Though, admittedly, this is the only place I really hang out so I don't really have much to compare it to, but still.

The Fan Fiction and Role Playing Games section are pretty much the reason I joined, considering the quality of the works in both and the community around them (though I haven't done much in the former but hopefully I will soon!). They're also mostly why I stay/come back, but I love the rest of serebii in general.

People seem nice in here in general and I haven't quite seen anything toxic or salty or such to the point I'm not really used to seeing those kinds of things. And there are plenty of interesting topics and things to do, if one felt like it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's fun to discuss things with other people here for the most part. I really enjoy the Anime Spoilers section in particular because Dephender keeps the episode preview threads updated. I also think that the General Pokemon Discussion section is fun, although it can sometimes become an echo chamber.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I feel like you have to find the right people. There will always be people that are jerks everywhere.
You can find the people that you can become friends with, and you learn to value that.

Also, Gamefaqs is worse. There are lousy people there that are transphobic, anti-feminist, and if you like a game they don't, you're a shill.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Simply knowing that a lot of people here like Pokemon as I do and most are willing to share their opinion on it without making a fuss.

Sketchie

literally some guy
The Roleplaying Section. They have standards like I've never seen on other Roleplaying forums. The community is pretty good too.

Amen to this. I have never, even among my irl friends, have found the same standards of roleplay. I don't roleplay much anymore, sure, but it's still refreshing to read.

Also, Serebii Forums is like my internet home. There's just something about it that feels so relaxing, literally like coming back home after long treks in the stressful, busy internet. I have a lot of fun here, everyone is pretty chill, I love this community. I also just love the forum setup, and I'm incredibly saddened that they're dying off. I like that we're all still here, on this relic of the internet, like we're a merry band chilling around a campfire in the woods, far away from the hustle and bustle of the social media world, untouched by the need to retouch one's life. The friends I've met here have been my friends for eight years, whereas I've never had that kind of connection with anyone I've met on Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram. Forums feel closer.

Anyway. I love this website. I love Serebii and its dedication for Poke-Accuracy. I love the people I've met here. So, I think I'll stay here until the forums fall apart at the end of our time.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It’s an easier way to find up to date info without being bombarded by the same tiresome arguments (for the most part). I personally unfollowed pretty much any “celeb” name attached to Pokèmon like Joe & PokèTubers because it’s just been constant back and forth about Dexit. Although there was Dexit drama here, people moved on and we could speculate on our teams, the plot, and other things. What I’m trying to get at is it’s a nicer way to communicate with other fans who have different experiences compared to other places

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I generally appreciate the main serebii site more than the forums. Its so reliable and easy to navigate. Its incredibly accurate in its news, in a community where rumours spread like wildfire.

I've depended on it for information on pokemon for well over a decade. I prefer spending time on it to a lot of similar sites. I think its because the site has an ethos of getting attention as a method of doing something worthwile. While most websites are desperately screaming for attention, and if its actually worthwhile then that's a bonus.

If I think about the poketubers who annoy me, they're the ones who have little in common with Serebii Joe. I hope he and other staff read this thread. Because they are just the best.

Specifically for the forums,
I like that its mostly people on-topic sharing thoughts and ideas in a positive way. I'm on a couple of other forums where people can be really negative, and the same whining threads happen over and over again.

There is some complaining about pokemon, I've pointed out a few things myself. But overall its about people who want something better to experience together.

NeganTheSavior

Two things:

1. The mods.
I say this because I recently resigned as a moderator on a non-Pokemon forum and I can tell you guys it's NOT easy.

2. The community. Everyone here is super friendly.