• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite type of travelling companion?

See topic

• Female player character (May, Dawn, Serena)

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Gym Leader (Misty, Brock, Iris, Cilan, Clemont)

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Little sibling (Max, Bonnie)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Original character (Tracey, Goh)

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Female player characters for sure
They consist of 3 ofthe 5 poke girls

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Ideally, female PC as a companion would be the best because they have the most potential.

In actuality, I only really care for one of the three female PC's, so I voted for gym leader.

Morax

King of heroes
A swordsman who hunts for pirates, a sexy navigator, an extremely lucky liar, a perverted cook, a reindeer with medical expertise, a sexy archaeologist, a perverted cyborg, a skeleton who can play music and a half-human + half-fish creature.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I prefer the Gym Leaders. Even before Iris and Misty slipped into their respective titles the writers made sure they were gonna let the fans know they were competent in battling. They undoubtedly had the most development in their returns (Misty upgrading her Gym and having Gyarados and being one of the very few Gym Leaders using mega evolution and Iris having Haxorus and becoming the Champion). Both were established as being Gym Leader tier by their last appearance although Iris practically turned it down.

By the time Iris left they stopped caring if females were portrayed competent. I’m not sure if May was ever implied, Dawn definitely was but within a certain level and Serena…yeah.

I also only feel that Dawn was the only PC that had a good goal arc.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I dont think we will see a female character player in the next series... The one in SV is super fugly and un intersting.
May, Dawn and Serena all had an amazing design

Litleonid

The female playable character had usually had some of the best stories as far as protagonists go. Neither of them have had a bad story I feel, with Dawn standing out as being one of the Pokemon anime's best written protagonists.

Least favorite has definitely been the anime originals. Tracy was largely forgettable and I REALLY don't like the writers pet, Goh.

Original Characters like Paul, Sawyer, Alain, Go. that way it is easier to bring them back in later series and give them an evolution. I don't want a Dawn case, the writers tried to stick too much to the past for Marketing reasons and that's why Dawn's return is the worst of all in Journeys even though she was in 8 episodes.

BlueDragonfangirl

I dont think we will see a female character player in the next series... The one in SV is super fugly and un intersting.
May, Dawn and Serena all had an amazing design
Maybe Chloe will accompany Ash to the next series than???

Uh female leads, I hope that returns the next series.
A swordsman who hunts for pirates, a sexy navigator, an extremely lucky liar, a perverted cook, a reindeer with medical expertise, a sexy archaeologist, a perverted cyborg, a skeleton who can play music and a half-human + half-fish creature.
Watch One Piece man, it’s a good series, you’ll like it bahahaha..

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I voted for female player characters. Best way to handle them was do what Dawn did and have her share equal billing with Ash.

Anime originals are definitely the worst. Tracey is the most forgettable companion, while Goh is my most hated for being a “creator’s pet” who gets treated by the writers to look like he is superior to Ash. I hate that.