1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Type Rivalries

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Journeyman, Jun 21, 2009.

?

Favorite Type Rivalries

1. Grass vs. Fire

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Fire vs. Water

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  3. Water vs. Grass

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Journeyman

Journeyman …… …… …… ▼

We all know how it goes: Everytime we pick our first pokemon, our rival picks the one with the type advantage (i.e. you pick Chimchar, he picks Piplup). So, which one is your favorite:

Grass vs. Fire
    Fire vs. Water
    Water vs. Grass

(Note: Remember, you're the one at the disadvantage)

My pick: Fire vs. Water.

2. Escape Reality

Escape Reality Daydreamer

i go for water vs. fire, because i always pick the water starter. otherwise i have too hard a time with the first gym, and also because out of the three types, water is my favorite. and water types seem to have a more diverse move set than grass and fire types.

3. The Flash

The Flash I like shorts!

Fire vs Water, i tend to pick the fire type due to lack of fire types in the games. Or i'll pick the water starter because your flying type can easily pick off their starter.

4. Beotium

Beotium Mew-Overlord

Since I use a fire starter most of the time my rival comes with many water..in his eyes..

5. Due to the lack of fire types in this game, I pick Fire vs. Water.

6. Pokefan0234

Pokefan0234 Ka-Ra-Tay!

Fire vs. Water. There aren't enough Fire types in the game. I went through DP with a Golem with Fire Blast for my Fire type....

7. TheWallstreetJournal

TheWallstreetJournal Pedobear knows all..

i'm a fan of grass vs. fire the most. i don't know why, but it's the coolest for some reason.

8. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

Fire vs Water. Really the only reason for me is that in reality is makes some sense as a rivalry, as Water puts out a Fire but Fire boils Water. As for ingame, I tend to learn towards the Water types.

9. Affirmative

Affirmative STOP RESETTIN'!

Fire v. Water because Chimchar eventually grows into Infernape to freakin' own the Empoleon that it is eventually relegated to.

10. EnragedSwalot

EnragedSwalot Well-Known Member

I usually pick the fire starter, so I went with water vs. fire.
    It's just cool for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.