1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Unova gym leader

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Jan 7, 2020.

?

Favorite gym leader from Unova?

1. Cilan/Chili/Cress

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Lenora/Cheren

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Burgh

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Elesa

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  5. Clay

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Skyla

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Brycen

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. Iris/Drayden

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. Roxie

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  10. Marlon

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

Out of all the Unova gym leaders which ones were your favorites? Which ones did you think had the best teams and which ones had the coolest designs?

My favorite gym leader was Elesa especially her BW2 design because she looked even better. Also her gym in that game was fantastic as a fashion runway.

TwilightBlade and NovaBrunswick like this.
  2. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Elesa is the only valid choice. She's easily the most memorable and the most dynamic. From her sharp hair to her stylish outfit, she's just the best

3. TheCharredDragon

TheCharredDragon Sexy Akechi is A Sketchy Catchy

Looking at the poll made me realize I like all of them really.

But if I did have to pick one though, it would have to be Lenora. I'll admit, it's partially because it's nice to see a Gym Leader and a Pokémon character in general that's married, but she also freakin' owns a museum. Which basically means she's pretty much interested in archaeology, anthropology, paleontology and mythology, all of which I'm interested in so that's pretty much why I like her. And well, as much as I like Dragon-types, I think Normal-types are underappreciated so it's nice to see one. Also, she doesn't mess around in battle. Sure, she's just the second Gym Leader, but don't take her seriously and she will take you down.

The others that stand out to me are for similar reasons. Iris and Drayden for being Dragon-type Gym Leaders, with the former for becoming Champion and the latter for usually being depicted as being able to stand toe-to-toe with Pokémon. Same with Brycen since he's an Ice-type martial artist, with the added caveat of the amusing fact that he's also an action movie star. Clay's also cool for me since, well, he's a business man and he's Gym Leader. Authority Equals Ass Kicking in my opinion. That and he looks like a cowboy.

I like Cheren in that we actually got to see a good bit of his journey to become a Gym Leader because he was our rival in BW. Admittedly, I only really like Cilan because, well, of the anime. Always did like his personality, personally. That and I like Simisage the most of the three monkeys. And lastly, Roxie. I like rock music, I like Poison-types and I love the fact that she's a rock star who uses Poison-types that's a girl. Too bad she's in Gen V otherwise I could've easily imagined Toxicitry would've been her "main".

The rest I like, but not quite as much as the ones mentioned.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I like Kamitsure (Elesa) the most because of how she intervened when Bel's (Bianca's) father got pushy with her. My second favorite Gen V Gym Leader would have to be Iris because of her bubbly personality.

5. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I admire Roxie the most because she was a rocker and I liked Elesa a lot too because she stood up for Bianca's freedom in Nimbasa City. Drayden had the most original Unova Gym leader design although his mustache confuses me lol.

jaden767, Sakuyamon and NovaBrunswick like this.
  6. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

I liked Elesa, both as a Gym Leader and for her Gym. I loved the rollercoaster Gym in BW, and the catwalk in B2/W2, which fits her being a fashion model. I like how she loves cracking bad puns when she's with Skyla, like "Don't you *cough* agree, Gus?" in that one flashback. :D

Burgh is another one, since he's an artist, and often struggles with artist's block. I think that's a more realistic portrayal of an artist than Mina in Gen 7 was, since she's always sketching and painting without stopping, and Burgh occasionally hits a creative wall.

I think Unova had some of the best Gym Leaders, actually. Lenora, Roxie, Drayden, Iris, Skyla, Brycen and Marlon are also honourable mentions.

Leonhart likes this.
  7. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Elesa easily, as I love her design, her remixed Gym theme in the sequels, her fondness of bad puns and her role in Bianca's character development.

8. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I absolutely loved his Gym's design in B2/W2, although I don't like him much as a character. I thought that his interest in art was a nice quirk, but his outfit and messy hair always bugged me [pun intended].

9. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

Elesa's gym's theme song in the Unova sequels is so hot. I like how her gym got changed to a fashion show kind of layout with an audience and Elesa got the best sequel redesign. She just looks so much better in those games than in the original Black & White.

10. NovaBrunswick

I loved the “Are you ready?” vocals that play when the models come up to you. Then when Elesa herself makes her grand entrance, it goes “GIVE ME WHAT I NEEEEEEEEEEEED!” :D

I think her B2/W2 gym fits Elesa more than her BW gym did, because she’s, you know, a fashion model and all that. I did like the rollercoaster in her BW gym, though. :)

Leonhart likes this.
  11. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I agree about her B2/W2 Gym being more fitting to her character since she was always meant to be a model. I don't understand what Game Freak was thinking when they designed Kamitsure's (Elesa's) B/W Gym to look like an indoor amusement park.

12. NovaBrunswick

Maybe because Nimbasa City is an amusement park kind of place and they wanted to incorporate that into her gym?

TwilightBlade likes this.
  13. NeganTheSavior

NeganTheSavior Well-Known Member

Roxie.

P. O. K. E. M. O, N!
    Pokemon!

14. Monozu

Monozu この日、森の中・・・

... I like all of them, really. How am I meant to choose?

I would say Burgh, but in the end we don't see enough of him in the story for his personality to really be interesting. I agree that he's a nice take on the "artist" character, because he seems pretty intelligent and organised, unlike the usual airheads we see (nothing wrong with being an airhead, but you know). Also, his gym in BW was really fun.

(BW in general had some really fun gyms - remember Skyla's cannons? I loved that.)

15. Sakuyamon

Sakuyamon Well-Known Member

Elesa and Burgh are my favorites. Elesa because her fashion catwalk gym is awesome and has good music, and Burgh because he had a wild look about him that I liked.

16. NovaBrunswick

I always remember Elesa's catwalk music. "Are you ready?" :D

Sakuyamon and TwilightBlade like this.
  17. Ashscot

Ashscot Sheikah

Skyla. I thought it was hilarious being shot out of a cannon haha. I really like her design and team as well.

catzeye, TwilightBlade and Leonhart like this.
  18. JLK2707

JLK2707 Well-Known Member

Skyla. I just love her design and gym concept.

Leonhart likes this.
  19. WaterTypeStarter

WaterTypeStarter Well-Known Member

Lenora. I thought she was really cool in the anime.

20. oshowatt

oshowatt New Member

Burgh and Skyla had the coolest gym designs, but as a Gym Leader, I would say Lenora. She is awesome.

jaden767, catzeye and Leonhart like this.