• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Unova Pokemon and Why?

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
I enjoy most Pokémon in these games. The Hydreigon line is something else though, I love the german orgins in the names and the designs are the berry on the cake.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Haxorus - has a cool design, amazing Attack, a great Shiny form (unlike many other Dragon-types) and has Mold Breaker to destroy annoying Pokemon with Sturdy.
Sigilyph - found it a bit creepy at first, but it has grown on me. Magic Guard is an incredible Ability, and it has a wide movepool.
Cinccino - adorable, fast and can hit hard thanks to Skill Link.
Zoroark - Illusion is a fun Ability, and it is fast and has high attacking stats.
Reshiram - majestic and elegant despite its very simple colour scheme.
Other Generation V Pokemon I really like are: Samurott, Serperior, Stoutland, Krookodile, Mienshao, Braviary, Golurk, Chandelure, Archeops, Galvantula, Volcarona, Victini, and Terrakion.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Gen 5 Pokemon are not OP and WOW like Kalos Pokemon ofc, but they have some nice designs
Like Reshiram

zolios

My favorite Unova Pokemon is Crustle, it's also one of my Top 3 favorite Pokemon ever.

I love the design and think it's very underrated actually. Also love using it in playthroughs since it's a great Pokemon with some very cool attacks. I also love using it in competitive battles and catch people off guard with it since not many people use it. I'm also a huge fan of it's shiny. But most importantly I have a lot of cool memories and nostalgia associated with Crustle and that's why it'll forever be my favorite Unova Pokemon.

P.S. I like Crustle so much that I even enjoyed it in the BW anime despite it's trainer Cilan being super annoying most of the time.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
609.png

Chandelure is my favourite Pokemon from Unova and it might even make my top 10 overall? I like the colours, the eyes, the fact that it has a monstrous 145 base Special Attack stat (the highest of any non-Legendary Pokemon back in Gen V) and the Ghost/Fire typing was pretty awesome to see! Before I was an avid team planner I'd always catch a Litwick in Celestial Tower despite it being rather late-game and not particularly amazing (there's better, more accessible Fire types in Unova). It's neat, I like it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Krookodile was my favorite Pokémon period for generations 5 & 6. Cool, 2 of my favorite Types, available relatively early, and was even my first non event Shiny. Honorable mention to Darmanitan. I love using Flare Blitz with it

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Gotta repost because everything got deleted.

But I like Excadrill and it’s probably on my list of favorite Pokémon in general. I absolutely adore it’s Japanese name, Doryuzu.

It’s also pretty good in game and overall a good Pokémon.

The next would most likely be Leveanny since I like the concept and I’ve pretty much always used a Sewaddle on my BW(2) teams

Red and Blue

As I said before the Oshawott, Zorua, and Rufflet lines are my favorite Water, Dark, and Flying types respectively. The Musketeer trio are my favorite trio of Legends and Keldeo is my second favorite Mythical.

I also love Haxorus, Sawk and Throh, Venipede line, Victini, Seismitoad, Tirtouga and Carracosta, Darmanitan, and Reshiram

treatyofversigh

I've always loved Serperior, Swoobat, and Swadloon! Serperior was my starter when Black first came out in the US and I've always though its design is just really neat and elegant. Swoobat's just super cute and I've always loved bat Pokémon. Swadloon just looks like me wrapped up in blankets and I think that's pretty relatable haha

Ryker101

Hydreigon is such a badass and intimidating dragon, but still feels distinct from the other ones. It combines my 2 fav typings, has a huge movepool and balanced stats which makes it versatile. Getting nasty plot and dragon dance in gen 8 was awesome and makes it feel threatening again after getting nerfed by fairies

vondecayle

Sawsbuck, specially its winter form. Winter is my favorite season along with autumn. It was so unique an amazing to encounter a pokemon that could change appearance based on the season.

Honorable mentions: Stoutland, Liepard, Zebstrika, Leavanny, Beartic, Mienfoo, Woobat, Elgyem, Zweilous, Oshawott and Snivy.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Chandelure, Galvantula, Volcarona, Oshawott, and I'm sure there's more, but I'm not sufficiently caffeinated yet. :D Oh and the introduction of Hidden Abilities made some older mons better like Exploud's Scrappy and Crawdaunt's Adaptability.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Cinccino line and I like that it didn’t get gen 5 pandering like many others in this gen