1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Video Game Levels?

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Sonic Boom, May 27, 2009.

?

Favorite Video Game Levels?

1. Fields/Plains

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Deserts/Arid Landscapes

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Urban Areas/Cities

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Icy/Snowy Areas

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  5. Caverns/Temples/Dungeons

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  6. Space/Cyberspace/Unusual Areas

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  7. Other

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kyogre35

Kyogre35 First avy..no touchy

Space areas just have that feeling of a good level...IDK why but they do.

So it gets my vote.

2. tom-tom

tom-tom Furret <3

i like deserty areas

3. CharizardMaster

CharizardMaster Belgian Waffles!!!

I prefer fields because of the open space, and urban/city areas for the exploration.

4. Krake

Krake Flabebe's Kids

I put space, but I like any genre of level that looks cool.

5. kirby8933083

kirby8933083 mai husbando

I'm always drawn to icy/snowy levels, with overwhelming amounts of cool blues, light indigos & whites that make just about whatever character you are playing as pop. I've always liked snow, so I guess it still applies in the video game world. Also the changes in the background music that come with snowy areas I like quite a bit. Plus the easily overcome obstacle of ice is added in, nice touch in my opinion.

6. CRAZY WACKO DUDE

CRAZY WACKO DUDE Well-Known Member

One of my all-time favourite levels is the 2nd Hawkins level in MDK2. Classic gamelay, and really witty lines to boot. (Diffusing those bombs were fun as well). As for atmosphere, either jungle, rocky or snowy terrains, as I like the aesthetics.

7. TorterraGuy

TorterraGuy Da Bomb

Yeah, space areas are pretty cool. Cyberspace also works for me.

8. I'm more of a temple person, since I like stuff like myths and legends about them (yes, I know it's a game, but I like that kind of depth to them). I also like arid/desert levels, since I was born in Arizona (and that's basically a desert) :/

9. fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads _____________

What can I say, more people are mentioning it.

10. Blk Charizard

Blk Charizard ♥ ☻ ♥ ☻ ♥ ☻ ♥

Caverns/Temples/Dungeons.
    I like to take my time and explore, so I don't miss anything and have to start over trying to find that 1 certain item/object/element, etc. =)

11. ironknight42

ironknight42 Well-Known Member

Ice and Snow are great(there even better if there is caves and stuff but that is beside the point)
    Urban Areas the best shooter environment I can think of(unless you are doing something with sniping then it is no fun but whatever)

12. Blivsey

Blivsey DATA_ERROR

This may sound like a cop-out, but it really depends on the level design for me.

I mean, I really liked the ice dungeon in LoZ:TP because it was done really well, and it looked like it could be a functional house in its own right, rather than just a themed dungeon with a strange layout.

As opposed to Kingdom Hearts, where I really enjoyed the first game's castle level and a similar one plus the space-themed level in the second game.

In general, though, I kinda like Space and Urban levels as far as backdrops.

13. Lucariofan-atic

Lucariofan-atic avant ǝpɹɐƃ painter☆

I like the icy/cold areas. I think places like that are good looking areas

14. Zaurfen

Zaurfen Well-Known Member

i guess my favorite is the dungeons and temples. I guess thats probably because i was practically raise on dungeon based games and plus dungeons can have a lot of variety. the only areas i don't like are deserts and icy areas. i hate deserts because i think they're boring, sand, sand, more sand, ocasional oasis... and i hate the icy areas because they usually just mess you up with slipping, etc. or they're puzzles like pokemon's icy areas...