• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite video game that came out this year?

MarinaS

sinnoh queen
Until October of course. But it can also be one that's coming out later this year.

Pokemon X and Y doesn't count. :p

For me, it would be Beyond Two Souls, a game that came out recently. It has a really unique plot, and good gameplay. Although, the quick time events are kind of sucky. :(

What about you? What's your favorite video game that came out this year?

Vikings

Oracle
Came into this thread planning to say X and Y...then changed my answer to Arkham Origins...

Guess I'll go with KH1.5 Remix

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Saints Row IV. Only a few glitches stop it from being a 10/10 for me. But those glitches are easily fixed by playing multiplayer, which is great, because the game is even more fun with a friend.

Tyrantrum

Well, I've been playing Bioshock infinite and it has already surpassed my expectations.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Without a doubt, GTA V. At first I was wary of the game and thought there wasn't much to do in terms of gameplay, but as soon as I earned enough money to buy properties and open up sidemissions, explore more of the city and find easter eggs, open up smaller side missions and customised the main protagonists more, I just fell in love with it.

Saints Row IV at first, was fun, but it's just not a game I can repetitively replay over and over. The main story is just too weak and short, and there isn't much gameplay to do outside of missions. Yes, it does offer funny things such as shooting a person with an inflat-o-ray, but it easily loses it's comical value, and once you conquer the city, there truly is nothing to do. I commend the game for doing good things for the story such as bringing back Gat and Ben King as well as Matt Miller, and introducing Asha and Keith David, but the story is just too short to enjoy. It took me two days to 100% it. I played GTA V nonstop for a week and I couldn't 100% in that time. I get that GTA V was in development for five years whilst SRIV was in development for two, but there should still be some signs of actual progression in gameplay, customisation, graphics and story - There is in GTA V, clearly from the start of the game, but SRIV just reuses these factors; it doesn't improve or weaken, just stays the same level.

Arkham Origins to me looks interesting in terms of it's story and because I am an avid Batman fan, but it's not a game you'll replay over and over for gameplay. I might do so though once I know more about it's multiplayer and the crime system.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Pokemon X, GTA 5, and Saints Row 4 are easily tied for my favorites.
Lego Marvel might be cool but I have't played it yet

Aegon

Undoubtedly, it's The Last of Us for me, with its incredible story and addictive multiplayer.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
FIFA 14, GTA V, Tom Clancy's: Splinter Cell Blacklist. Also, I can't wait for BF4 and COD: Ghost.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
[IMG139]http://i2.cdnds.net/12/50/618x877/gaming-bioshock-infinite-reversable-cover-design-4.jpg[/IMG139]

Also one of my favourites of all time.