• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite voice actor/actress/seiyuu?

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Well? Which one do you like the best? I was just thinking about this the other day, and thought it would make a good poll.

My personal favorite is Rachel Lillis, mostly because I love the way she's voiced Jessie all these years, changing noticably over time, but it always worked for me. Misty was also pretty good, and after Chronicles Ms. Lillis is now my VA hero. Second favorite would have to be Maddie Blaustein, since her Meowth is consistently hilarious and always fun to listen to. And on that note, Inuyama Inuko is awesome too, but I haven't heard her doing Meowth nearly as much.

So go ahead, post your favorite actor or actors and why you like them, and remember, this poll is for ALL of the actors, so it doesn't matter if you watch the raw, the dub, or both; as long as you like the way they voice their character, feel free to choose them.:)

Oh yes, and one more thing. Do not bring the new VA topic into this thread. This poll is for saying who your favorite actors are, not to start another flame war or bash anybody. Okay? Good!

Alfonso

Derpgull
My favorite will always be Jimmy Zoppi. He's the damn king of Voice Actors, and a true pimp.

I mean, dammit, he was in a hentai anime. That's the voice of Gary, Todd, plenty of minor characters, Weevil Underwood coming out of a guy that's doing several hot naked girls! :O If that isn't pimptastic, I don't know what is. :x

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
In the dubverse, my favourite is Rachel Lillis. I've always loved her voices the best. Eric Stuart is a bit hit and miss, but when he hits, we get the likes of James's "EEEEHOOHOOHOOO!!!!"s, so for that he deserves love - plus, I think his voice for Brock suits the character better than the Japanese VA's. And Maddie Blaustein does an adorable Meowth. So those are my top three. No offence to Veronica Taylor - her performances as Ash and May are always solid, but nothing about them particularly stands out to me.

In the Japanese version - well, first off, Ikue Otani. How much CUTER can her Pikachu be? She also voices Drew's Roselia, who is my favourite Pokemon in the current season. Mitsuki Saiga (Shuu), Jun'ichi Kanemaru (Harley) and Megumi Hayashibara (Musashi) are my favs for the human characters. I also like Lillian and Wakana's seiyuus.

For the Japanese version, Megumi Hayashibara, the voice of Jessie. I really like her Jessie voice, and the fact that she also voiced Rei Ayanami, Lina Inverse, and Ranma helps.

For the American version, Eric Stuart probably. I mean, yes, he cannot voice James as anything but a goofball, but I like his goofball voice. Other roles include Gourry Gabriev, Dik Dik Van Dik, Metaknight, and Seto Kaiba.

none of the dub voices thats for sure, i'm sorry but i simply don't think any of the old voice actors were any good, the new ones from PUSA and the japanese voices are a different story! but the ones with 4kids, they suck no matter which dub they're messing up, pokemon or not!

none of the dub voices thats for sure, i'm sorry but i simply don't think any of the old voice actors were any good, the new ones from PUSA and the japanese voices are a different story! but the ones with 4kids, they suck no matter which dub they're messing up, pokemon or not!
There is most definatly no bias here.

Maddie, Veronica and Eric.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Veronica and Eric. Loved the way they acted out Ash and James voices.
I still cant get over the line that James says in the episode when seeing Nicolai in Hoenn:

"Isnt that the kid who's upsessed with short pants" man I was dying when he said that