• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Voice Actors/ Seiyuu

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster_wolf

Shinnippori!
I'm really curious on what people think of their favorite voice actors. I never seen a topic like this, so I figured what the hey. So anyway, come on, tell me whose voice acting you like!

As for me... I personally like...

Kana Ueda - She's got an interesting voice, and it's quite distinct. You may known her as Hayate from Nanoha's A, Konoha from Tsukihime, Rin Tohsaka from Fate/Stay Night and various other series.

Yukari Tamura - Another cute voice. Notable for her lolicon roles, but doe play characters like Ranpha from Galaxy Angels, Mai from Kanon, or Tonari from Kashimashi. Probably recognized for Michiru from AIR, Nanoha from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, Tenten from Naruto, and more lolis you can shake a stick at. I really like her role as Rosalind from Disgaea 2. =P

Hikaru Midorikawa - I think his voice is pretty popular. I like it though, it sounds pretty neat. He's probably notable for his famed role as Zelgadis from Slayers.

Yui Horie - Another rather popular seiyuu. Her roles includes Ayu from Kanon, Youko from Inukami, Naru from Love Hina, Eri from School Rumble and so on.

As for english voice actors, I particularly am fond of...

Crispin Freeman - He's got a cool voice, he did a good job as Zelgadis and Hibiki Amawa from I, My, Me, Strawberry Eggs. However, I know him better for his video game roles rather than this anime roles. =P Like Balmung from .//Hack or Albel Nox for Star Ocean Til the Ends of Time.

Lisa Ortiz - I remembered her as Lina, and she played her role really well. She was also easily recognizable voice-wise and she stood out. =P

So... anybody else care to share?

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
There's already a thread like this, but it's really prone to getting bumped now... Meh.

1. Nana Mizuki:

She's the voice of Hinata-chan (Naruto), Wrath (FMA), and others. Personally, I think she does a great job in dubbing these three characters. For Hinata-chan, she really does sound like a sweet, shy, cute 13-year old girl, and also does great as a 7-10-year old boy in terms of Wrath's voice.

2. Junko Takeuchi:

Yeah, the voice of Naruto, sure. It's not like I like the voice itself, but I find it amusing how she can make certain characters act more annoying through what they say, and how they say it, especially Naruto's "Dattebayo!".

3. Chie Nakamura:

I'm not too fond of her dubbing voice, but her singing voice is great. Her voice in "Naruto Ondo" is just cool to listen too, and sometimes I forget that she's the voice of Sakura who I dislike.

buster_wolf

Shinnippori!
Alphonse Elric said:
There's already a thread like this, but it's really prone to getting bumped now... Meh.

I must have missed that. Probably because I searched for Seiyuu instead of Voice Actor. =P

I think you were referring to this? http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=120520

1. Nana Mizuki:

Ah, Nana Mizuki! I really love the songs she does, she's such a great singer. But whenever I think of Nana Mizuki, for some reason, Fate Testarossa happens to appear in my mind. =P

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
buster_wolf said:
I
Ah, Nana Mizuki! I really love the songs she does, she's such a great singer. But whenever I think of Nana Mizuki, for some reason, Fate Testarossa happens to appear in my mind. =P
Yeah, her songs are cool. She has a great voice, especially when doing Hinata-chan and Wrath, if I do say so myself. :p

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Ooh so much to list
1) Scott McNeil
2) Andrew Francis
3) Matt Hill
4) Lenore Zann
5) Kelly Sheridan
6) Kirby Morrow
7) Michael Dobson
8) Brian Dobson
9) Samuel Vincent
10) Paul Dobson
11) Richard Ian Cox
12) Ron Halder
13) Brain Drummond
14) Gary Chalk
15) John Payne
16) David Kaye
17) Donald Brown
18) Terry Klassen
19) Chantal Strand
20) Lisa Ortiz
21) Gabe Khouth
22) Brad Swaile
23) Kathleen Barr
24) Tara Jayne
25) Veronica Taylor

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
buster_wolf said:

Bah, I have the same thoughts too. Same with Yukari Tamura.

Avast, with the almighty might of Tanaka Rie. D: I can't be bothered to type out all her freakin' roles, but still. D:

Avast, with the almighty might of Tanaka Rie. D: I can't be bothered to type out all her freakin' roles, but still. D:
How about her top three roles, IMO--Tia, Alphonse, and Ikuto...yes, I know she just started on the newest tamer in Digimon Savers.^^;

As for mine...

Rica Matsumoto: It's gonna be sort of a running theme that the VAs and seiyuus are also terrific at singing. We all know Rica for her work in Pokémon, and she does double duty in the band JAM Project.:)

Aaron Dismuke: Sure, the little guy's been in a few kid roles; but of course I'm talking about his co-starring role in FMA as our favorite kitty loving soul in armor. Considering he got much better at the role as he went along...if they ever translate the image songs, I'd love to hear the little guy sing.-^^-

Kappei Yamaguchi: The voice of Inuyasha, male Ranma, Usopp/Sogeking, and my personal favorite YGO GX character Daitokuji...I don't watch Ranma 1/2 for how perverted it is, but the other three are awesome, nya!

Eric Stuart: If you ever wanted to know how Seto Kaiba can sing, just listen to this guy's music. And I think Stuart actually did sort of a song for him in the YGO US movie.:eek: Brock and James he potrays so well(Kaiba's a bit too arrogant, and Misawa barely gets a role once the second season rolls around)--I so wanted this guy to be Sanji, but we got stuck with the second worst voice in One Piece of crap.:(

Ikue Ootani: Pika-chu~!o^.^o Yep; that, Hana-chan, Chopper, and Zatch to boot. Cutest...seiyuu voice...EVER.:D

Last edited:

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
My fave voice actors have to be:

Veronica Taylor: I <3 Ash's voice sooooo much so I have to mention her^^

Rachel Lilis: I like how she does both Misty and Jessie,both of them have awesome voices =D

Lisa Ortiz: Just an all around good voice actor^^

Jerry Jewell: He did Jimmy Kudo's voice and Kyo Sohma's and his voice sounds really nice!

Mistynia

Funga Fufu
Yes, can't explain it too well, but we just need them. And they have to bee good. ^^

Favs. I can remember:

Sakura Tange (Does Sakura Kinomoto from Card Captor Sakura)
Haley Joel Osment (Does Sora from Kingdom Hearts (2) )
Romi Paku (does Edward Elric in Full Metal Alchemist)
Junko Minagawa (Does Shugo in .Hack//Dusk)

That's what I can remember so far ^^;;;;

buster_wolf

Shinnippori!
Mistynia said:
Yes, can't explain it too well, but we just need them. And they have to bee good. ^^

Favs. I can remember:

Sakura Tange (Does Sakura Kinomoto from Card Captor Sakura)
Haley Joel Osment (Does Sora from Kingdom Hearts (2) )
Junko Minagawa (Does Shugo in .Hack//Dusk)

That's what I can remember so far ^^;;;;

Sakura Tange has a nice voice.

Hehe, Junko Minagawa. Yeah, I remember her as Yoshitaka from He's My Master and Joshua from Chrno Crusade. She played Ayaka from Negima who happened to be a shotacon fanatic. If memory serves me right, she's got a lovely voice.

You mean did. She also did Ken Ichijouji(and the Digimon Kaizer, of course) in Digimon 02, and Tao Ren in Shaman King. Easy to recognize the voice.

Last edited:

Hoshika

Viva Viva Victory6
asia_catdog_blue said:
I didn't realized people cared that much about voice acting.

Well, of course people care about them. I mean, these people are the voices of our favourite anime characters. ^.^

Well, I like a bunch of random seiyuus AND voice actors...so, some of my favourite seiyuus/voice actors are..

Noriaki Sugiyama - Who most people would recognise him as Sasuke Uchiha from NARUTO and Uryuu Ishida from BLEACH. His lead role however, was Shirou Emiya from Fate/Stay Night, which is an awesome anime. What I like about him is that, his voice seems to portray his character perfectly. Plus, he's just so shy, and that's adorable. Heh, you can see that I like him a lot since he's in my Sig. xD

Mitsuki Saiga - Another great seiyuu. The roles I've seen her do are Tsukasa and Elk (.Hack//SIGN), Enzan Ijuuin (Rockman EXE), Robert Haydn (Law of Ueki), Wolfram von Bielefeld (Kyou Kara Maou) and Shuu (Pokemon Advance Generation) =D She's got such a low voice, yet has a feminine touch to it. *-*

Junko Takeuchi - Haha, nothing really to say about her...it's just that she's so good at voicing Naruto-kun, compared to...the English dubber. (Bah, forgot her name)

Nana Mizuki - HINATA-CHAN! xD

Kazuhiko Inoue - Kakashi Hatake...Günter von Kleist...Lol..xD

Paku Romi - Even though I've seen her in only two roles (NARUTO as Temari and Law of Ueki as Ueki Kousuke), I think she's...well, great.

And the American dudes..

Dave Wittenberg - Kakashi from NARUTO, Folgore from Zatch Bell, Gray Michael Vincent from Battle B-Daman...man, he is really good at voice dubbing...and I don't usually say that about American voice actors.

Yuri Lowenthal - Hehe, I like him mostly for his role as Dub!Sasuke...so, hah. >>;; Oh, and...I also like him because he has a talent in acting/performing, he can speak like..5 languages such as Japanese, French, German, etc, plus he has talent in various sports.

Bleh, such a long post. I like more but, just for maybe...1 or 2 roles. ^^;;;[/Obsessed fangirl]

Last edited:

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Oooohh, I have a lot of favorite voice actors. ^..^ Not any Japanese ones, though; either I can't remember their voices/roles or I don't remember their names.

Crispin Freeman - All-time favorite male VA. I can seriously recognize him from...a single line. I know this 'cause that's practically all he had as the Prince from Howl's Moving Castle. It's tough to beat his insane Albedo (Xenosaga) voice though. O..o

Steve Staley - Would you believe me if I told you that this guy voices Neji Hyuuga in Naruto and has played, among other roles, Kouji Minamoto from Digimon Frontier, Fayt Leingod in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and Jay from Tales of Legendia? I was certainly surprised when I found out; his roles don't exactly sound very similar to me!

Steven Jay Blum - Yeah, another easily-recognized voice. He's practically everywhere, and more often than not doing a major character. Especially impressive, IMO, were his performances in Digimon Tamers: Yamaki, Kenta, and the Guilmon evolutionary series--at least two major voices in almost every episode. And his Orochimaru voice rocks. ^..^

Johnny Yong Bosch - I'm beginning to see him more often in main character roles nowadays, particularly ones where the character in question has a more or less tenor voice. He has a pretty wide vocal range, even though his general tone carries over from character to character. Oh, and how many of you knew that he played Adam--the second Black Power Ranger?

Dave Wittenberg - Coolness incarnate, if you ask me. Well, at least his voice is, anyway. I mean, he fits Kakashi's character so amazingly well! I honestly don't think there's been a single character voice of his that he hasn't done almost perfectly. Oh, and he has three roles in Zatch Bell!: Folgore, Ponygon/Schneider, and Xeon's book holder--whatever his name is.

Kari Wahlgren - She's probably my favorite female voice actor. I first remember hearing her as Haruko from FLCL--she did an excellent job on the girl's crazy attitude, IMO. I absolutely fell in love with her interpretation of the character Raine from Tales of Symphonia, too.

Melissa Fahn - The perfect voice for young-ish girls with a serious attitude, judging by her portrayal of Tia from Zatch Bell! and Rika Nonaka from Digimon Tamers. She didn't exactly to a bad job as Edward from Cowboy Bebop, either.

Other favorites and some of their roles:

Joshua Seth (Taichi - Digimon Adventures; Hige - Wolf's Rain; chaos - Xenosaga Episode 2)
Lex Lang (Goemon - Lupin III; Sanosuke - Rurouni Kenshin; Kimishima - S-CRY-ed)
Richard Epcar (Batou - Ghost in the Shell; Jigen - Lupin III; Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo-should be obvious =p)
Kirk Thorton (Jin - Samurai Champloo; Hideo Kuze - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Comples 2nd Gig)
Derek Stephen Prince (Ken Ichijouji - Digimon Adventures 02; Shino Aburame - Naruto; chaos - Xenosaga Episode 1)
Michael Lindsay (Joe - Digimon Adventures; Kankuro - Naruto; Kyouji Mujo - S-CRY-ed)
Richard Cansino (Kenshin - Rurouni Kenshin; Kurando and Blanca - Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Lia Sargent (Shion Uzuki - Xenosaga Episodes 1 and 3; Milly Thompson - Trigun; R. Dorothy Wayneright - The Big O)
Wendee Lee (Faye Valentine - Cowboy Bebop; Xianghua - Soul Calibur II and III; TK - Digimon Adventures 01)
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell; Kurenai - Naruto; Helba and Emma Wielant - .hack// series)
Mona Marshall (Izzy - Digimon Adventures; Toboe - Wolf's Rain; Kite - .hack// game series)
Brianne Siddall (Jr. - Xenosaga series; Elk and Tsukasa - .hack// game series and SIGN, respectively; Mithos - Tales of Symphonia)
Lara Jill Miller (Kari - Digimon Adventures; Scheris Adjani - S-CRY-ed; Juniper Lee - The Life and Times of Juniper Lee (yes, I know it's not anime))

Last edited:

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
Dum de dum dum, copy/paste:

me in the previous VA thread said:
If we're talking Japanese voice actors, then I'd have to say my absolute favorite is Mayumi Tanaka, who voices Kuririn & Yajirobe in Dragon Ball Z, Monkey D. Luffy in One Piece, and Koenma in Yu Yu Hakusho, as well as many other various roles. I just love the sound of her voice, and whenever I hear her as Kuririn, Luffy, or Koenma, I can't help but smile.

I've also taking I liking to Ikue Ohtani lately. I've been watching a lot of Japanese Detective Conan episodes lately, and I enjoy hearing her as Mitsuhiko (Mitch in the dub). She also voices Zatch in the Japanese version of Zatch Bell.... oh yeah, Pikachu too.

If we're talking dub actors, then I'd have to say Alison Retzloff, R. Bruce Elliott, Laura Bailey, Rachel Lillis, Veronica Taylor, and John Burgmeier top my list. You CANNOT find better voices for Conan & Richard Moore than Alison and R. Bruce. You just can't. Their acting is superb and to make it better, Alison doesn't sound like your generic anime kid, and R. Bruce doesn't sound like the generic anime adult. Laura Bailey & John Burgmeier both have very good voice ranges, and I think they're some of FUNi's best actors right now. Rachel Lillis is near perfect at any character she voices, and she really brought a certain charm to Misty & Jessie in Pokemon. Plus, she has an excellent voice range. Veronica Taylor may have not been the perfect voice for Ash, which is mostly due to the feminine voice she gave him, but I've always liked the way she said her lines, and you can tell by her performances that she really got into her characters when she was acting.
I would also like to add Megumi Hayashibara to my list. After recently watching Detective Conan movies 1-9 in Japanese, I've come to really like her as Ai Haibara. Not to mention, she's a VERY accomplished voice actress, bringing life to such characters as Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop, the female version of Ranma in Ranma ½, Anna Kyouyama in Shaman King, Rei Ayanami in Neon Genesis Evangelion, and our very own Musashi (Jessie) in Pokemon.

Let's see... some of my favs are here:

Veronica Taylor- Nico Robin, Ash, Deli, and May...yup my fav!
Maddie Blaustein- Meowth, Corphish, and Dr. K rocked
Ikue Ohtani- PIKACHU!! :)
Dave Whittenberg- coolness voice with Kakashi and Folgore is funny
Kate Higgins- Sakura voice is awesome
Melissa Fahn- Tia and Rika rocks!
I'll post more later.

SPIKE06

seiryu and magicbox thank you for pointing out those names to go with thos voices they were all my favorites i just could not put those voices together. and Crispin Freeman was Strate Cougar on s-cry-ed

akane_rose

winter rose
rose: my favorite voice actor is Gery Ares. I just love how he does the voices for Satoshi Hiwatari (DNAngel), Yuya Asou (SuperGALS! Ran Kotobuki), and Mannen (Pretear)!!

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
English VA
Veronica Taylor - The first English VA I fell in love with, I loooved her Ashy-boy voice!
Justin Cook - When I heard Yuusuke [Yu Yu Hakusho] last summer on that last DVD volume, I instantly was obsessed. Then when my friend let me borrow the Fruits Basket DVDs she had, I squealed whenever I heard Hatsuharu. ^^;;
Eric Stuart - Kaiba [Yuugiou], Takeshi [Pokemon], and Gourry [Slayers]
Melissa Fahn - Rika [Digimon] and Tio [Konjiki no Gash Bell]!
Crispin Freeman - Hideki [Chobits]
Joshua Seth - Taichi [Digimon]
Lex Lang - Sanosuke [Rurouni Kenshin]
Vic Mignogna - I looove his Edward [FMA] and Dark [D.N.Angel] Voice!

Japanese Seiyuu
Megumi Hayashibara - The first Jap seiyuu I loved since Slayers was my first Anime in Japanese with English subs. ^^; Lina [Slayers] and Musashii [Pokemon]
Myco - When I heard her sing as Mitsuki [Full Moon Wo Sagashite], I instantly was obsessed with the band: Changin' My Life.
Ikue Ohtani- Pikachu [Pokemon], Gashu Bell [Konjiki no Gash Bell], and Hana [Ojamajo Doremi]!
Takahiro Sakurai - Kiyomaro [Konjiki no Gash Bell]
Megumi Ogata - Yuugi [Yuugiou: A Shadow Game] and Izumi [Full Moon Wo Sagashite]
Mitsuki Saiga - I just got introduced to her and she has an awesome voice as the King of Bandits(Jing)!
Junko Takeuchi - Mokuba and Naruto! How I loved those two. ^_^ I didn't like how they changed the voices of Mokuba in the English version and I didn't really like Naruto's voice in the English version. ^^;;;

Status
Not open for further replies.