1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Voice Actors/ Seiyuu

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by buster_wolf, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Justin Cook, did a great job on Yusuke

2. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

Johnny Young Bosch, the Power Ranger/60 billion double dollar gunman

3. Umbra

Umbra Kouma-kyuu

I liked Dave Wittenburg as Sora in .hack//SIGN and Hilary Haag as Chloe in Noir.

As for Seiyuu, I like Sanae Koboyashi. She did Madlax from Madlax, Ender from .hack//Roots and Pai from .hack//G.U. Her voice is simply amazing.

4. Yamato-san

Yamato-san I own the 5th gen

meh... I don't see anything special about her singing, personally. And you know, I've seen people that do enjoy Myco's singing state that she clearly has trouble doing voicework for Kouyama Mitsuki (which is especially noticeable in the early episodes).

5. Miss Kanna

Miss Kanna Hakudoshi Addicted

Me?I have alot of favorite voice actors x333

Japanese~

Yukana Nogami ~ She did Kanna from InuYasha. 8DD ((Kanna obsessed fan))
    I also enjoyed how she voiced Meilin Li from Cardcaptor Sakura though ;3

Ai Kobayoshi - She provided Hakudoushi's voice :D

Megumi Hayashibara ~ She did female Ranma Saotome,Rei Ayanami and countless other great characters.I think she would've done a good job voicing Kanna <3 <3 ((in the way she provided Rei's voice.Can't argue that they alike when it comes to personality.))

Yuko Goto - OMG.Mikuru's voice was SO KAWAII!!!!! Thumbs up :D

there's more,but bleh >_<

English~

Nicole Bouma ~ She did Meyrin Hawke from GSD,Mint from Galaxy Angel,Shiori from Inuyasha,etc. --- all people I think are awesome <3

Matt Hill ~ I loved his roles as Kira and Bankotsu...'cause Jessica loves Kira and Bankotsu 8D; *shot'd*

Janyse Jaud ~ Kagura and Kanna.More about Kanna. >D Ms. Jaud,is like,my hero <D

Chiara Zanni ~ Zee Hakudoushi voice actor.She is like,one of my most favorite voice actors of all time <3333 The way she voiced Hakudoushi so girlish was sooo cuuuute <333 ((No surprise she did Hamataro and Sandy from Hamataro lol))

Kelly Sheridan ~ Sango > Kagome and Kikyo :D Nuff said.Stellar Loussier and Ukyo Kuonji were an awesome role too.

Cathy Weseluck ~ Eep.She made Shampoo sound so cute with her choppy English x3333 And Azusa was even more kawaii with her constant fangirlish squeels >D

Spanish ~

Ana Lobo - She voiced Kagome.She has a good singing voice too,she sung most of the Spanish ending songs for Inuyasha ;D

6. Grethiwha

Grethiwha Farfetch'd Fan

In Pokémon? Eric Stuart. Elsewhere I like the voices from Futurama, and the Simpsons, and whatnot, but seeing as how this thread/section appears to be focused on the japanese anime and dubs, I'll stick with Eric. I like James' voice.

7. Hakuryuu

Hakuryuu Bloody git

As for English, I like Jason Spisak. He did Kiyomaro's English voice over.

Japanese is Sakurai Takahiro. Him > You. He does Kiyomaro's Japanese voice, along with Cloud from Final Fantasy.

8. Anabel

Anabel The Salon Maiden

I like quite a few VAs, but I'll just list a couple to save time.

English VAs:

Luci Christian: Easily one of the most talented voice actresses I can think of. Famous for her roles as Kaname Chidori (FMP!), Yukari-sensei (Azumanga Daioh), Risa (DN Angel), Ahiru/Duck (Princess Tutu). She's just got a really good range, I think.

Hilary Haag: Her role as Rosette made me a Chrono Crusade fan for life. And Tessa, too. She's just got such a likeable voice (I mean seriously, who could forget her role in Excel Saga?)

Kelly Sheridan: Sango and Ukyou are just plain cool. Heck, she even makes Barbie sound good.

Kirby Morrow: He. ish. Miroku.

Chris Patton: Firstly, I love Sousuke Sagara. He is just, like, the most awesome character ever. I think his role in that deserves him the title as one of 'Anabel's favorite VAs.'

Japanese Seiyuu:

Ai Orikasa: Max from Bakuten Shoot can easily go down as one of my all-time favorite anime characters. She was great in that role.

Chieko Honda: She's got a lot of energy, and it really shows through her role as Meroko Yui in Full Moon. Also, in Mermaid Melody, she was a good Yuri.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  9. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

sean schemmal - goku, juan, morrison, dr crowler, king kia, amidamaru, wapol, roto(he voiced characters on so many anime goku was his best)

yuri lowenthal - sasuke and haru he just sounds cool

veronica taylor - ash, may(to bad ash was replaced by the voice of koby on one piece)

10. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

Wow, what a horrible list.

Honestly, when you name a Dub Piece role as a major part, you know the VA sucks.

11. ~Chibi Mewtwo~

~Chibi Mewtwo~ Geared up for D/P ^^

I'll try to keep it short...

VA:
    Steven Jay Blum: From listening to the first two lines of any character I can tell whether or not it is his or not. Regardless, he's talented and my top favorite. :D I just love his voice and how fits most of his characters perfectly.

Kari Wahlgren: Very talented. I like how she sets the tone of her characters, from loud, hyper Haruko (FLCL) to quiet, timid Robin (Witch Hunter Robin)

Chris Sabat: I loved his performance as Piccolo from DBZ and Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho. He's got that awesome deep voice.

Seiyuu:
    Megumi Hayashibara: A top on many lists I know, as she is on mine :p. She's a great singer and actress with a great voice that can adjust to her characters' personality. I'm still amazed that the woman who played Lina Inverse from Slayers did the voice of Rei Ayanami from Evangelion.

Rika Matsumoto: I've only heard her acting as Satoshi but I really love her singing voice. Very strong and somewhat deep voice.

Kappei Yamaguchi: Did an excellent job as Inuyasha. Forgot who else he played but I like his voice nonetheless :p

12. thunderblade12

yea he did good with yusuke, dende and raddits. but with super buu not so much

13. thunderblade12

yea he did good with yusuke, dende and raddits. but with super buu not so much

14. You don't know how shocked I was when I read that he did the Guilmon line in Digimon Tamers. So cute and innocent...this cutie is the same as OROCHIMARU?!:eek: Best. Range. EVER.

Male Ranma(Ranma 1/2), Daitokuji/Amneal(YGO GX), Usopp/Sogeking(One Piece), and Danny(Zatch Bell).

Zeon's bookkeeper is Dufaux. I heard he might also be the voice of Kafk Sunbeam as well--Ponygon's bookkeeper!:D

Yes...major love for Hana-chan. Too, TOO kawaii~<3 BTW, for Tokyo Mew Mew watchers, she did NOT do Purin/Pudding. Extremely similar, but not the same.:(

Another seiyuu I'd like to bring up is Nami Miyahara. Known for Momoko Asuka in Ojamajo Doremi(and Wallace in the first Digimon 02 movie!), she's now doing Miyako/Bubbles in Powerpuff Girls Z. She has probably the best Engrish of any seiyuu(and has the US accent to match!)--it could almost be considered regular English if not for the tiny mistakes in Momoko's songs.XD

15. RomanMack

RomanMack Johto Champion

Sigh... Why must you attack everyone who mentions something positive about the dub? I mean, honestly man, cool it.

Let people express thier opinion without you breathing down their necks... You did it on the last topic when they used the dub names... And here you go again doing it when someone mentions they like a voice in the One Piece dub. Seriously, dude, what's your damage? Do you hate the dub so much you treat the people who watch it like crap as well? Is that your goal. It's pathetic.

Stop treating people who watch the dub like they're lesser than you. His opinion is just as valid as yours. Even if you don't agree with it. Understand, guy?

Also... Marc Darison (Zoro) rules JOO...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  16. Catalyst

Catalyst Aim for the Top.

Romi Paku, Edward Elric: Toshiro Hitsugaya, Ken Ichichoji, etc.

Fumiko Orikasa: Seras Victoria, Kuchika Rukia, Miss Valentine, etc.

Kazuya Nakai: Mugen, Zoro, Jan Valentine, etc.

I have some favourite English voice actors, just can't be bothered naming them. >_<

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  17. ♠Blood Bountou♠

♠Blood Bountou♠ Kakuna Matata

Japanese Seiyuu
    Rica Matsumoto - Love all of her voices, espcially Satoshi (Pokemon) and Jim Hawking (Outlaw Star).
    Megumi Hayashibara - Great job on female Ranma (Ranma 1/2) and Musashii (Pokemon). Especially like her Ranko-chan voice.
    Romi Paku - Her voice rocks! I hope Toshiro gets an English VA that is similar to her.
    Shinichiro Miki - His voice is funny to listen to as Urahara Kisuke (Bleach) and Kojiro (Pokemon)
    Jun'ichi Kanemaru - One of the funniest voices of all time, he does an excellent job as Harley.
    Noriaki Sugiyama - Ishida Uryuu (Bleach) and Uchiha Sasuke (Naruto). Nice angsty voice.

English VAs
    Veronica Taylor - Did a great job with Ash and May on Pokemon, and also Yukino Miyazawa on His and Her Circumstances
    Justin Cook - I really liked his Yusuke voice, and I was happy to hear him again as Hatsuharu (Frutis Basket) and Russel (FMA)
    Greg Ayres - His voice is so cute as Son Goku (Saiyuki), Satoshi (DNAngel), and Chrono (Chrono Crusade)!
    Vic Mignogna - Another voice I love. By now most people know he's done Edward (FMA), along with Dark (DNAngel) and Kougaiji (Saiyuki)
    Hilary Haag - Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade) and Lirin (Saiyuki). Probably more that I'm forgetting at the moment.
    Jason Liebrecht - I don't know why, but his voice seems to match Ban Mido (GetBackers) perfectly.
    Yuri Lowenthal - Love his Sasuke voice. It suits him. Hopefully he'll do a good job as Keigo Asano (Bleach) as well.

I'm probably forgeting some people ^^;

18. Alphonse Elric

Alphonse Elric That's My Rule!!!

For English Dubbers, I'd have to say Kayzie Rogers, the voice of Sara Ringwalt from the English version of Now and Then, Here and There. Her voice was really good, especially during the scene when Sara "regains her dignity", but the Animé itself was awesome. Man, good Animés are rarely made nowadays... 'Tis such a pity.

19. Penguin

Penguin The Chappy Bunny

And now... an orange-haired Shinigami. Hah.

Also, my favorite seiyuu would have to be Paku Romi.

20. Shirayuki

Shirayuki White Snow

Kae Araki and Lara Jill Miller as the english and japanese voice actress of Kari from digimon!