• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Voices in the Anime?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
What are your favorite Voices in the Anime?

It Can be either Subbed or Dubbed

My personal favorites are

Japanese Subbed:

Ash
Goh
Pikachu
Iris
Bonnie
Lusamine
Lillie
Guzma
Hau
Ash's Torracat
Hau's Decidueye
Mallow's Tsareena
Ash's Dracovish (Lmao)
Goh's Grookey
Goh's Inteleon

English Dubbed:

Ash (4kids)
Misty (4kids)
May
Dawn
Brock
Iris
Serena
TR Meowth
James (4kids)
Jessie
Ghetsis (Evolutions)
Lillie (Evolutions)
Goh's Cinderace

And before you ask. Yes other Countries such as Latin America, Brazil, Indonesia, etc can be added too!

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Japanese:
Lillie
Dawn

English:
Ash (4kids)
Misty (4kids)
Brock (4kids)
May (4kids)
Dawn
Chloe

Japanese:
Ash
Ash’s Greninja
Ash’s Dracovish
Ash’s Buizel (same in English)
Ash’s Pikachu (same in English)
Goh’s Raboot
Clemont
Ash’s Noctowl (same in English)

English:
Ash (Natochenny, S10-19)
Serena
Clemont
Bonnie
Dawn
Brock (both voices)
Iris
Meowth (Blaustein)
Nanu
Acerola
Ash’s Squirtle
Brock’s Lotad
Brock’s Mudkip
Dawn’s Piplup
Brock’s Sudowoodo
Brock’s Croagunk
Iris’s Excadrill
Ash’s Goomy
Serena’s Pancham

RetroPokeFan

Oh boy, it's almost as if this entire thread was designed and tailor made for me. :p

Well anyway here's a list of some of the character voices from every region I really like a lot (all from the English dub btw and mostly for the more major characters aside from a certain few I'll include because otherwise we'll be here forever, and you'd be bored senseless):

Kanto: Misty (Rachael Lillis's take btw, Michele Knotz is alright but rather spotty with the S&M reprisals),
Brock,
Jessie (I do like both Rachael and Michele),
James (Ted Lewis and Eric Stuart, just not the later stuff from Hoenn though),
Meowth (Maddie Blaustein),
Professor Oak (Stuart Zagnit),
Giovanni (Ted Lewis, I know it was only for one or two episodes but Craig Blair's is just.... no),
Sabrina,
Koga,
the Pokemon League announcer (just so iconic and I kinda wish we saw Ted get another shot again)

Johto: Professor Elm,
Bugsy,
Morty,
Jasmine,
Chuck,
Lance (more his recent Journeys appearance than the older ones)

Hoenn: May (Veronica Taylor),
Max (Yes, Max is annoying but I'm amazed at how well Amy Birnbaum did with making him not sound too nerdy, which TAJ was guilty of with Kayzie Rogers's performance),
Drew (Oliver Wyman),
Harley (I don't know why but Bill Timoney is just really fun to listen to although Andrew Rannellls is also great as well),
Professor Birch,
Steven Stone,
Roxanne,
Drake,
Juan,
Tyson, (It's Marc Diraison... as a rival for Ash. What else can I say? (Well other than the Hoenn league kinda sucked but this isn't a place to rant.)
Noland, (Really the only Frontier Brain alongside Tucker that sounded very good)
Tucker

Sinnoh: Dawn (How could I not have Dawn on this list? Emily Bauer started rather rough with the TAJ episodes but pass that era and into the DuArt stuff, she really makes the role her own.)
Paul, (The best kind of asshole rival and Julian Rebolledo nailed it perfectly)
Barry, (Shame Jamie McGonnigal doesn't do much voice acting anymore because I miss him with how fun he was as Barry)
Cynthia, (Another banger of a role from Emily Bauer, let's hope she's still got it once the dub reaches her return)
Reggie,
Looker,
Saturn, (My favourite voice from the Galactic team)
Charon, (Second best voice of the Galactic team)
Hunter J,
Marble, (Yes, it's a COTD but it was my introduction to Cassandra Lee Morris as well so props for that)
Maylene, (This region has some real banging VA's for the gym leaders and it truly kicks off with Rachael Lillis as Maylene)
Crasher Wake, (J. David Brimmer really has that unique voice that I kinda miss hearing on the show, I like him a lot)
Angie,
Byron, (Easily my favourite of the gym leader voices with how Dan Green just went all out nuts with his voice, it really does sound like he had a great time in the recording booth)
Riley, (It's Marc Diraison. What else can I say?)
Candice,
Lyra,
Flint,
Volkner, (I wonder how the new Journeys VA will fare considering it's most likely Eli James won't be returning)
Tobias (The controversial Action Replay cheat using man himself, voiced none other than J. Michael Tatum)

Unova: Cilan,
Professor Juniper,
Don George,
N, (I'd still say that Nicholas DiMichele is the best voice for N as of now and the others still haven't come anywhere close to him yet, well maybe Daman Mills if he had better voice direction)
Stephan,
Pierce, (It's still a god damn shame this guy disappeared)
Dr. Zager,
Chili,
Colress,
Burgh, (Billy Bob Thompson's first major role and he certainly left a good impression)
Ingo,
Emmett,
Drayden,
Roxie,
Barret,

Kalos: Serena,
Clemont,
Bonnie,
Professor Sycamore, (Jake Paque's one of my favourite NY VA's so of course Sycamore had to make the list)
Mairin,
Squishy,
Meyer,
Diantha,
Gurkinn,
Shauna,
Tierno,
Trevor,
Sanpei,
Malva,
Grant,
Ramos,
Olympia,
Wulfric, (My favourite voice of the Kalos gym leaders)
Lysandre, (Still the best villain performance in the anime hands down, Tyler Bunch nailed it to perfection)
Astrid,
Remo

Alola: Kiawe, (My favourite of the Alola companions voice wise)
Sophocles,
Professor Kukui,
Professor Burnet,
Samson Oak,
Gladion,
Hobbes,
Acerola,
Viren,
Molayne,
Tupp,
Zipp,
Plumeria,
Wicke,
Faba,
Hala,
Nanu,
Laki,
Ikari,
Ulu

Journeys: Goh, (I don't care for Goh himself but Zeno's a lot of fun in the role)
Chloe,
Professor Cerise,
Leon,
Raihan,
Chairman Rose,
Oleana,
Wikstrom

And that's my main list.

Well, a Pokémon voice I do like is Pikachu but I'm not going too deep into that.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Ash’s voice just sounds so cool in JP; Rica is such a goat for voicing him for so long and so consistently too. May and Serena’s are really cute and have this similar kind of bubbly energy, but again sound really cool when they’re more serious/angry. Dawn (in both JP and EN) is very iconic and a nice middle ground between sounding energetic and and sounding more grounded, which really fits her character now that I think of it. I actually like Iris’ dub, but her JP voice is much cuter and gives a different energy to the kid phrase people usually find annoying. And there’s just something about Lillie’s JP voice that I really love, it’s one of my favorites.

Cilan’s dub voice I love and it adds a lot of charm to him. Clemont as well; his dub just really suits him and I prefer it. Kiawe and Lana’s JP voices are really nice too. They’re instantly recognizable and unique. And ofc Gladion has Nobuhiko Okamoto voicing him so how can I not like it?

Original 4Kids Ash, 4Kids Misty, 4Kids Jessie, Dawn, Barry, Luke, Cilan, Kiawe. And some minor CoTDs that I'm forgetting the names of.
I LOVE BARRYS VOICE

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
CILAN’S JAPANESE VOICE OMG

I also have a soft spot for Goh’s voice, both in Japanese and English. His English VA has one of the only tolerable dub voices on the planet.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yuki kaji and miyano mamoru ftw

still waiting for takehito koyasu and sugita tomokazu ;-;
well Koyasu did appear as.....umm......b..bob? Bart? Batch?