• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite water starter pokemon?

Favorite water starter?

• Total voters

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Favorite water starter?

Morax

King of heroes
Popplio, cause mermaid are pretty so i choose him
>mermaids are pretty

images

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Froakie.... when it becomes Greninja you get a very fast and versatile Water starter
If multiple choices were allowed i would add vote Squirtle and Mudkip too. In USUM Gen 7 Froakie/Greninja line is AMAZING in Ultra Sun to counter-effect most of my Litten/Incineroar's water weakness and lack of speed. Same for Omega Ruby. Froakie became my actual starter and Swampert was a bulky backup Water HM user.
-
Blastoise is really cool
-
Swampert is very versatile with Electric immunity from it's Ground typing

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
In terms of the base stage it's definitely Piplup but Popplio is a close second

TwilightBlade

Kind of hard to choose between Mudkip and Oshawott right now. Love them both even if their evolved forms aren't the best. :]

Ryker101

Going with the og totodile. Water’s the type I pick the least but I’ll always pick it during HGSS. I love reptiles as well so its design is right up my alley

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd quite fond of Zenigame [Squirtle] and Waninoko [Totodile]. I usually pick the former as my Starter whenever I play one of the Kanto based games.

Yardas

I actually went with the water-type starter during the original three generations but, being nostalgic over Johto, no doubt Totodile's my favourite. Feraligatr was coloured weird in Gold/Silver, like a dull green instead of light blue.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I voted for Piplup, mainly because of nostalgia but also because I like every member of its evolutionary line! Diamond was the first game I ever owned and Piplup was my starter in that (never did beat the game though), so I am biased towards it. The progression into Prinplup and Empoleon is pretty solid, I love their colour schemes and designs, the whole line was portrayed pretty well in the anime and it's always been a consistent starter in any in-game playthrough I've done. Solid choice all-round.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Like them all but in order my top three would be Froakie, Mudkip and Totodile.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
This is the only starter poll I have a definite answer to: Swampert, and by extension Mudkip. There's the obviously Gen 3 nostalgia (it was my very first, however Swampert is just plain good. Its type of Water/Ground is really useful as it only has to fear probably the weakest of the starter types. Second to Charizard X it probably has the best Mega Evolution of any starter imo