• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FAVORITES: Anime Characters

~Kurou

to see you smile
Okay. This is a place to discuss your favorite anime characters. Please sy what anime the character is from.

My favorite is Sakura-kun from Bluedgoning Angel: Dokuro-chan
I love how he feels out when he sees Dokuro naked xD

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Haaauuuu, I have too many favorite anime characters. Um...

Well, right now I have CLANNAD on the brain, so it's a tie between Nagisa and Tomoya, and Akio and Sanae, but then again, I have Higurashi on the brain as well, so it's also a tie between Rena, Rika, and Shion (not that the other characters weren't great, I love the characters).

But then Pokémon is there inside my own mind, so Mewtwo, Giovanni, Misty, Team Rocket and Molly are tied. And then Digimon, and Cardcaptor Sakura, and Fruits Basket, and Yu-Gi-Oh, and Azumanga Daioh, and

[IMG139]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/320/e/9/gir_head_asplode_by_captainvendetta-d330mzd.gif[/IMG139]

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I got a quite a few I guess.

-Mion Sonozaki and Hanyu~~~,from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
-Beatrice, The Golden Witch fromm Umineko no Naku Koro ni.
-Mei Misaki, from Another.
-Chachamaru Karakuri from Negima!: Magister Negi Magi
-Madoka Kaname and Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
-Trunks for Dragon Ball Z
-Ichigo Momomiya from Toyko Mew Mew
-Tomoyo Sakagami and Akio Furukawa for Clannad
- Shiori Misaka from Kanon
- Reika Hōjō from Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun!
- Yakumo Tsukamoto from School Rumble
- Mio and Nano from Nichijou
My most favorite character though would be Tohru Honda from Fruits Baskets.

Last edited:

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Oh boy, here we go...

Alucard - Hellsing

Papillon Mask/Koushaku Chouno - Buso Renkin

Rangiku Matsumoto - Bleach

Itachi Uchiha - Naruto

Karasu - Noein

Grelle Sutcliffe - Black Butler

There are more, but I can't remember them right now.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Oh God, since I saw the title of the tread, I knew I'd probably get the urge to smack one of the posters in this thread to their death, and it turned out to be true.

Anyways, I think my answer to this thread's question is in my signature. Reasons why? Nobody else is doing is giving an explanation so why should I?

Last edited:

Autis-misc

Abridger
This is such an easy thread.

Rex Owen - Dinosaur King

Dita, Hibiki, Duero Vandread

Jaden Yuki Yugioh the abridged series. Hey! its technically anime!

Osaka Azumanga Daioh

I can't remember any more, But I have tons more.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
You all knew it was coming:

Kamina, Simon, Yoko... uh, EVERYONE from Gurren Lagann.
Isaac and Miria from Baccano!
Satou and Yamada from Working!!
Kisuke Urahara from Bleach
Xellos from Slayers NEXT and TRY
Akio from Clannad mofos
The entire cast of FMA Brotherhood
Onizuka from GTO
Kaiji and Tonegawa from Kaiji
Metabee and Rokusho from Medabots
The entire cast of Nichijou
Okabe, Suzuha, and CHRISUTIIIIINA from Steins;Gate
Everyone from Nisemonogatari (loving the new designs)
Chie from Persona 4 The Animation
Charizard from Pokemon (best character, I'm serious)
Excalibur from Soul Eater
Vash and Wolfwood from Trigun
Daisuke Ono from Lucky Star (that's right)
Ichika from Ano Natsu de Matteru
Rider from Fate/Zero

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Here's a few, there is way too many to list them all.
Shizuo Heiwijima, Erika Karisawa, Walker Yumisaki - Durarara!!
Jun Satou, Souta Hiroomi, Aoi Yamada - Working!!
Ken Sugisaki, Kurimu Sakurano, Mafuyu Shiina, Minatsu Shiina, Chizuru Akaba - Seitokai no Ichizon
Chihaya Kisaragi, Hibiki Ganaha, Iori Minase, Ami Futami, Mami Futami, Makoto Kikuchi, Miki Hoshii, Azusa Miura, Takane Shijou, Yukiho Hagiwara, Haruka Amami, Yayoi Takatsuki - The iDOLM@STER
Azusa Nakano, Mio Akiyama, Ritsu Tainaka, Tsumugi Kotobuki, Yui Hirasawa - K-ON!
Daisuke Ono, Konata Izumi, Kagami Hiragii - Lucky Star
Madoka Kaname, Homura Akemi, Kyouko Sakura, Kyubey - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Char Aznable - Mobile Suit Gundam
Tomoya Okazaki, Ushio Okazaki, Akio Furukawa, Sanae Furukawa, Tomoya Sakagami, Kyou Fujibayashi - Clannad
Koyomi Araragi, Hitagi Senjougahara, Mayoi Hachikuji, Nadeko Sengoku, Suruga Kanbaru - Monogatari series
The Crow, Sakamoto, Yuuko Aioi, Mai Minakami, Mio Naganohara, Nano Shinonome, Hakase Shinonome - Nichijou
Kurisu Makise, Okabe Rintarou - Steins;Gate
Rena Ryuugu, Rika Furude - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Yozora Mikazuki, Kobato Hasegawa, Kodaka Hasegawa, Rika Shiguma - Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Haruhi Suzumiya, Kyon, Koizumi Itsuki - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
Kirino Kousaka, Ruri "Kuroneko" Goku - Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Last edited:

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I knew I'd probably get the urge to smack one of the posters in this thread to their death, and it turned out to be true.

I bet it's me, isn't it? xDDDD I added Rangiku to piss you off intentionally. ^w^

Anyway, more to add~

Van Hohenheim - Full Metal Alchemist

Vegeta - Dragon Ball Z

Alexander Anderson - Hellsing

Kenpachi Zaraki - Bleach

Rock Lee - Naruto

Dante - Devil May Cry (He does count as an anime character, right?)

Seto Kaiba - Yu-Gi-Oh!

SmartD

Jaden - Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
Momoko - Powerpuff Girls Z
Stocking - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Akiza - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
Jakob - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
Alexis -Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

And probably other anime characters.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Frieza and Android 17 from Dragonball Z

Kiba and Neji from Naruto

Rurouni Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin

Sesshomaru from Inuyasha

Grimmjow and Kenpachi from Bleach

Buchou

filch some swag
Practically everyone from Prince of Tennis
Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji
Tadakuni and Hidenori from The Daily Lives of High School Boys
Nano, Hakase, Mio, and Yuuko from Nichijou

There's like a ton but these are some right off the top of my head.

RLinksoul

I wasn't gonna do this, but since Parachomp asked for it, I assume someone out there might give a crap so...

In no particular order~

Hiei - Yu Yu Hakusho
Stoic awesome in a tiny package and Chuck Huber's awesome voice work made this guy my favorite anime character back when anime wasn't ruled by cute girls. Or maybe it's cause less anime's coming to America. Anyway my only complaint about Hiei was that he seemed too perfect. Aside from fighting Yusuke I never even saw him lose a fight.

Gretel - Otogi-Jushi Akazukin
I love this series. You've probably never heard of it. Not only is this character adorable as can be, but she wields a massive sword that rivals that of Cloud of Final Fantasy fame. She's also the most sympathetic character in the series, and if you're anything like me, you'll want to hug her almost every moment she's on screen.

Sakura Kinomoto - CardCaptor Sakura
What can I say about Sakura really? Her entire series is heartwarming and incredible. Her precocious crush moments are just so sweet. I'm still 33 episodes in and my memory of the dub is foggy, but so far Sakura has proven a believable protagonist. Not quite courageous, but willing to do more than stand around and cry.

Ruri Gokou (Kuroneko) Ore No Imouto
I'd normally proclaim "My Waifu" but the people at Sankaku Complex ruined that for me. It was so refreshing to find a character with tsundere traits who doesn't scream her lungs off or violently attack people. Instead Kuroneko is so soft spoken and poetic. (God I love her voice). Sometimes she can be a bit harsh, but as the show goes on she warms up, as tsundere characters often do.

Ika Musume Shinyraku Ika Musume
Obviously this show would be nowhere without it's star. Our invader from the sea is a bit egotistical and stupid, but once in a while that warm, endearing side emerges. I never thought a comedy series could grasp me emotionally like the last episode of the first season did.

Satoko Houjou (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni)
Before I even watched the show, I was sold on this character. Her attitude can be a bit bratty and annoying, but that's far outweighed by how utterly sympathetic she is. This poor girl gets beaten up or worse pretty much once an arc. Aside from sympathy points and dat laugh, I love Satoko's mastery of traps. And the sheer amount of guts this girl has, as proven during a famous scene with Shion, and when she yelled at her uncle.

Akari Akaza (Yuru Yuri)
Friggin adorable. How could anyone ignore her? The problem is that Akari's world is a sadistic place where loud, obnoxious sociopaths stand on top, and sweet, caring Akari gets reduced to comic relief. It also helps that she's the one character with zero relevance to the yuri of the show. The show goes so far out of it's way to preach how she's not memorable, and yet she's so kind and helpful. She carries tissues for all your nose bleeding needs.

Nano Shinonome - Nichijou
Not only is Nano the most endearing character in this show, but as a comedy series it's easy to expect very little depth and development. And then we have Nano, a robot created by a bratty sociopathic eight year old, who wants desperately to be a normal person. To go to school, have friends and fun.

Sasami Kawai - Pretty Sammy
Specifically the Pretty Sammy version, not the Tenchi series version. The Tenchi version's okay, but a bit boring. This Sasami behaves more like a normal school girl. Lazy, content to just hang out with her friends and read comics, not interested in accepting the burden of becoming a Magical Girl. So once the latter half of the show rolls around and things get series, we see just how far she's willing to go for her good friend, Misao.

Tsubomi Hanasaki - Heartcatch Precure
It's so refreshing to see a Magical Girl protagonist who isn't a goofy ditz or extremely energetic and cheerful. Tsubomi's a sweet, gentle flower who's understandably freaked out when she's forced to fight for her life against dangerous monsters. Tsubomi wants nothing more than to shed her timid shell and become confident and strong. I love that it doesn't happen immediately, neither does her ability to fight. She starts out with the label of "Weakest Precure Ever". By the end of the series, you forget she ever had such a label.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
>__<

Are you sure? Anyways, I know it's going to occur with someone.

Well... yes and no. xDDDD I find Rangiku hilarious, and I know you loathe dislike her, so I decided to piss you off. xDDDD

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Akari Akaza (Yuru Yuri)
Friggin adorable. How could anyone ignore her? The problem is that Akari's world is a sadistic place where loud, obnoxious sociopaths stand on top, and sweet, caring Akari gets reduced to comic relief. It also helps that she's the one character with zero relevance to the yuri of the show. The show goes so far out of it's way to preach how she's not memorable, and yet she's so kind and helpful. She carries tissues for all your nose bleeding needs.

Yuru Yuri was one of my favourites of 2011, I though all the characters were awesome (especially Kyouko mother****ing Toshinou) but I have absolutely no idea who this "Akari" is.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Akio Furakawa - Clannad
Happy - Fairy Tail
Kid Goku - Dragonball
Hanyuu - Higurashi
Luffy and Chopper - One Piece
Deidara - Naruto Shippuden
Nozumu Itoshki - Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Aru Akise and 12th - Mirai Nikki
Light Yagami - Death Note
Kirby - Hoshi no Kirby

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Favorite Main cast characters.

Bleach: All of the main 6 aka Ichigo, Orihime, Rukia, Uryu, Chad and Renji.

Naruto: Gaara, Sasuke, Kakashi, Itachi, Minato and Hinata.

One Piece: The whole crew plus Sunny.

DBZ: The whole damn cast except Chi-chi

Yu Yu Hakusho: The whole cast.

Death note: Light, L and Light's dad.

Fairy Tail: All of them.

HunterXHunter: All of them.

etc.