• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorites Thread part 1 (Favorite Region/Generation/Starter/Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the influx of Favorite threads, and people making the same threads over and over again, I thought it was necessary to test out the idea of combining these common topics into one mega poll. I'll be monitoring this thread, and if things get too hectic, it will be closed. :/ Here are the questions to be answered in this thread:

What's your favorite Pokemon Region?
(Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, Sinnoh, etc)

What's your favorite Generation?
(1st - 4th)

Who's your favorite Starter Pokemon?
(Any stages in between are fine too. You all know the starters, I'm sure, but I'll list them anyway:
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon Charizard, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Pikachu, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Piplup, Prinplup, and Empoleon.)

Who's your favorite Team in the Pokemon franchise?
(Team Rocket, Team Snagem, Team Cipher, Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Galactic, etc. Just make sure they're official. Teams from the Manga/Anime are applicable here too.)

Please post WHY these are your favorites. A two sentence MINIMUM explanation for each question answer sounds reasonable imo. And besides, why wouldn't you want to explain why these are your favorites?

Also, you don't have to answer all of the questions. Just answer at least one. lol

So here's my post:

My favorite region is Johto and my favorite Generation is the 2nd. My first Pokemon game was Gold version, so this is where it all started for me. I really like the way the Johto region is layed out, and I like a lot of the Second Generation Pokemon.

My favorite Starter is the Totodile line for sure. Totodile was my first Pokemon ever. :D However, I also like all the Kanto starters, Mudkip line, Blaziken, Cyndaquil line, and Turtwig line. They're all cool, and their final forms are good in battles. (or they were for me, at least.)

My favorite team is Team Aqua or Team Rocket, I guess. Kyogre is cool, so that's mainly why I like Aqua more. Team Rocket is just classic.

Last edited:
Oh whoops, missed this one... maybe I'll be the first response for this one too.

I love all of them the best except Hoenn. It isn't really bad, but I just prefer the other ones. I've never seen the one on the Gamecube games though.

Again, all of them except third gen. I like Leaf Green/Fire Red, but not the primary trio as much. I like the battling concepts and sprites the best in 3rd gen too actually.

Charmeleon, Meganium, Typhlosion. I always chose not to evolve my Charmeleon from a long time ago, and Meganium is also a classic choice with me. I only recently started using Typhlosion, but I now realize how awesome he is.

Team Rocket. They've got the best taste in music, particularly that of the rocket hideouts in Celadon City and in Mahogany Town. I would like Team Magma, but I don't get why the hell they wear those jackets in locations that are already hot enough. I would love to thrive in hot areas though.

aquajet16

LVL? Death

Johto, I really like places there and each seems interesting.

All, I really liked each, each has their onw unique quality/qualities that make it great

Aw, I can't choose. I really like all of them but to answer this clearly I would say Blastoise as it made me win so much battles and my lucky charm.

Team Rocket because of Giovanni, i like his voice and the team laso has some comedic foils and such.

trepmaws

My favorite region is Hoenn. There's a lot to explore in it, the music is good, and a large part of it is out on the water, which I liked. It also contains two of my favorite legendaries, Kyogre and Rayquaza. Johto is a close second, since IMO it has an equally good layout and was fun to go through.

If we're counting FR/LG as 3rd gen, then that's my favorite generation. I have Sapphire and Leaf Green, and I probably played both an equal amount of time. With my Gold version cut off from the GBA games (I can see why Nintendo did it, but it's still disappointing), LG became the new center of pokemon activity for me. I ended up transferring everything from Sapphire and Colosseum to it and used them there. Being able to use pokemon from all three generations on one game was truly awesome.

Swampert is my hands-down favorite. It only has one weakness (albeit a 4x weakness) and plenty of good attacks. It worked great in R/S/E (I've won many a Battle Tower match with it) and transitioned nicely into the 4th generation, where it now has some physical water moves to use :) Blaziken and Sceptile also work great and look pretty darn cool; and Blastoise will always hold a special place in my heart, as it was the first starter I ever used, way back in the R/B/Y days.

I guess it would have to be Team Rocket. In Gold version they got pretty interesting, and Giovanni is probably the coolest leader out of all the teams. They're also unique in that they don't rely on a legendary in their plans for world domination (besides the Mewtwo business in the anime). Team Aqua is also cool though, and the Team Galactic admins were fun to fight.

trepmaws

Edit: Oops, sorry about the double post.

My favorite region is Hoenn. There's a lot to explore in it, the music is good, and a large part of it is out on the water, which I liked. It also contains two of my favorite legendaries, Kyogre and Rayquaza. Johto is a close second, since IMO it has an equally good layout and was fun to go through.

If we're counting FR/LG as 3rd gen, then that's my favorite generation. I have Sapphire and Leaf Green, and I probably played both an equal amount of time. With my Gold version cut off from the GBA games (I can see why Nintendo did it, but it's still disappointing), LG became the new center of pokemon activity for me. I ended up transferring everything from Sapphire and Colosseum to it and used them there. Being able to use pokemon from all three generations on one game was truly awesome.

Swampert is my hands-down favorite. It only has one weakness (albeit a 4x weakness) and plenty of good attacks. It worked great in R/S/E (I've won many a Battle Tower match with it) and transitioned nicely into the 4th generation, where it now has some physical water moves to use :) Blaziken and Sceptile also work great and look pretty darn cool; and Blastoise will always hold a special place in my heart, as it was the first starter I ever used, way back in the R/B/Y days.

I guess it would have to be Team Rocket. In Gold version they got pretty interesting, and Giovanni is probably the coolest leader out of all the teams. They're also unique in that they don't rely on a legendary in their plans for world domination (besides the Mewtwo business in the anime). Team Aqua is also cool though, and the Team Galactic admins were fun to fight.

Last edited:

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD

All but Hoenn. Hoenn just didn't capture my interest like the others did.

Again, all but Hoenn. The Pokemon don't interest me, the Contests don't. It was a disappointment for me.

Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard. Charmander was the first Pokemon I ever saw. Nothing will ever replace that(except my obession with Wobbuffet).

Team Rocket. Definatly the most entertaining of the bunch. I like Team Galactic second. The outfits and hair makes me giggle.

=^_^=

blackrose

Kanto

is this about the games or like series?
game- d/p most recently updated, has everything
Series - Kanto best pokemon and original

Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Torchic, Piplup.

Team Rocket

PurpleMew

no promises
Sinnoh

D/P/P

Treecko, Bulbasaur, Chicorita And Turtwig

Team Magma

Dither1

Surfs up!
whats your favourite pokemon region?
sinnoh

whats your favourite generation?
3rd

who's your favourite starter pokemon?
I love blastoise

who's your favourite team in the pokemon franchise?
team aqua

Normalize

Hoenn, it really like the rough landscape and all the water.

3rd It had Hoenn amd Kanto. Also battlle frontier and Sevvi Islands were nice.

Torchic line, also i love Turtwig and Bubasaur. They al;l bees so cute and strong.

Team Rocket, cause they make me laugh when they fail

swampert55

The answer is Hoenn, but Orre would work too. I didn't like Kanto or Johto due to the poor graphics, and I just don't really like D/P. I don't know why, but I find myself playing Ruby much more often.

Generation III. It had the best games, in my opinion, in the franchise. It also had the most variety.

Swampert(as if that weren't obvious enough). Excellent typing, stats, and movepool. And general aesthetic appeal.

Magma. I don't know why.

Pinata Panda

I Am Crazy ^_^
Whats your favorite region
Johto because you can go from johto to kanto

Whats you favorite generation
The third

Who's your favorite starter
Mudkip

Whats you favorite franchise
Team Aqua

HyenaHaze

Serial Experiment
Eh, I live Sinnoh for all the new stuff that opens up.

1st. But then again, I'm an older gamer. :D

Squirtle and Cyndaquil.

Team Galatic. As said by VG Cats:
"Nice bowl cut. What's you're team called?"
"Team Give me your pokemon or I will shank you."

FireMasterA.J

My favourite Pokemon region?
Kanto - because it had some of my favourite Gym leaders and some of the episodes on TV based in this region were remarkable!

My favourite generation?
4th as I really enjoy playing Pearl and the episodes are amazing to watch!

My favourite starter Pokemon?
Charizard's always been my favourite Pokemon in my opinion, plus Charizard's been in some of my favourite episodes!

My favourite team?
Team Rocket FTW! (For the win!). They're funny to watch, forever failing to catch Pikachu and never giving up!
To protect the world from devastation.... ROCK ON!!!

Sharpshooter149

Ace Trainer
johto

2nd

cyndaquil

team magma

Nodame

Misty <3
My Favourite region is Kanto
My Favourite Generation is Kanto series is the best
My favourite pokemon starter is chikorite..squirtle !!
My Favourite team in the pokemon franchise is team galaxy

vhanix

Grass grower!
My favorite region is the Kanto

1st generation is still the best;025;

Well, I always go for the Grass Starters, for the first generation I love the Bulbasaur line;001; ;002; ;003;, Charmander;004; and Squirtle;007;. For the 2nd generation, I am going for Bayleef;153;, Quilava;156; and Croconaw;159;, for third, Sceptile;254;, Blaziken;257; and Marshtomp;259; and for the last, going for Turtwig;387;.

The Team Rocket;052; that never fades.

Homer

Region: Mystery Dungeon region, because of it's undisturbed nature and single small town. And no humans!

Generation: Third. Caught em all!

Starter: Turtwig
Stage 2: Prinplup
Stage 3: Torterra

Team: Team Aqua, Third Gen, after kyogre.

Grunge_Trainer

Ripped Flannel Rules
Kanto has to be my favourite region, it has tons of great places. Such as a beach, biking trail, secret island, and huge department store. It does have a certain homey charm to it that I like about it too.

I would have to say my favourite Generation is the 2nd, because it has some of the best Pokemon in it. Also this was the time when I really got into the franchise, ahhh the childhood memories.

My favourite starter will always be my very first Pokemon, well after it evolved, Charizard. I loved the way Charizard looks like a dragon when I was a kid and I still do today. Anytime I played Blue or when I play Leaf Green I never take him out of my party.

Team Aqua is my favourite team, blue happens to be one of my favourite colours. Plus they've got that pirate look which to me is really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.