• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorites Thread: PEOPLE

Ditto B1tch

1. Who's your favorite PLAYABLE CHARACTER?
Nate, because I wanted to be as hairy as him.

2. Who's your favorite RIVAL?
Gary, I love the way he provokes me.

3. Who’s your favorite GYM LEADER?
My favorite is Elesa, because she can be top cute, smart, tough, beauty and cool in the mean time!

4. Who’s your favorite ELITE FOUR MEMBER/CHAMPION?
Caitlin, the sleeping girl.

5. Who’s your favorite FRONTIER BRAIN?
Barry's father, Palmer.

6. Who’s your favorite PROFESSOR?
Oak, of course.

7. What’s your favorite CRIMINAL TEAM?
Team Rocket, though being a bunch of retards.

8. Who's your favorite CRIMINAL TEAM MEMBER/LEADER?
Ghetsis, he speaks on a way that scaries anyone.

9. Who's your favorite IN-GAME CAST CHARACTER?
Bebe, the PC creator of Sinnoh, because she gifts you an Eevee.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
Brendan

Barry

Volkner

Lance

Brandon

Oak

Plasma

N

Cilan

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
Nate. Dat hair tho.

Hugh

I guess Misty. I remember feeling like the coolest person ever when I parkour'd around that trainer swimming in the pool when I was little.

Gary/Blue.

Tucker.

Professor Oak.

Team Aqua.

Probably N

Hugh

Last edited:

Steelrush

Banned

Right now I'd say the female player character of X & Y versions.

Gary, without a doubt. Too awesome to deny.

Kanto: Lt. Surge

Johto: Jasmine

Hoenn: Winona

Sinnoh: Gardenia

Unova: Marlon. Fo' reels!

Cynthia. XD

A tie between Pike Queen Lucy and Caitlin.

Professor Juniper.

Neo Team Plasma (aka BW 2 Team Plasma). Their theme in BW 2 is awesome.

Ghetsis, he's one hell of a manipulator.

Bananarama

The light is coming

Ethan was best.

Silver is amazing.

Kanto: Misty

Johto: Morty

Hoenn: Roxanne

Sinnoh: Gardenia

Unova: Drayden

Kanto: Bruno

Johto: Will

Hoenn: Drake

Sinnoh: Aaron

Unova: Iris

Dahlia

Professor Elm

Rocket (Blastin' off again)

Rocket Grunt

Estellise

peachy
Kris, Hilda, Red, Hilbert, Ethan, and the female protagonist in Pokemon X/Y

Blue, Wally, Cheren :)

Sabrina, Volkner, Morty, Roark, Flannery, Roxanne, Cress, Fantina, Clair, Misty

Cynthia, Steven, Grimsley, Karen

Lucy, Palmer

Birch, Juniper

Team Magma; Team Plasma

Maxie and N <3

Fennel :I

Last edited:

Greenspheal

May.
Gary.
Erm...Marlon....He's my favorite type..

Cynthia!

Not sure...

Birch.

Team Aqua!
While my favorite team is aqua, my favorite leader is Giovanni.

Gotta love bill..

Chidzz

hilbert

cheren/bianca

candace/skylar

lucian

anabel/lucy

juniper sr.

galactic

giovanni

stat trainers, marley in particular

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Wes from Pokemon Colosseum. I think it was brilliant to have a protagonist that's an ex-criminal. He has a good heart, but he's willing to knock some heads... Or blow up a few bases to set things right. Oh, and your protagonist rides a bike? That's cute. Wes has a futurustic motorcycle... Thing. Anyways, Wes is a badass, and he stands out to me among the other playable characters.

Silver. Gary was a jerk, but Silver just started out as an all-around bad person. He assaulted the player, stole more than one Pokemon, and cared about nothing more than increasing his own power. His development over G/S/C/HG/SS's story into a better person really resonated with me. At least he didn't stay the same way from beginning to end, like Brendan/May and Barry. Plus, his whole history with his father, Giovanni, is fascinating. Even if it was somewhat lost to gamers outside of Japan.

Probably Blaine. Fire-Types are my favorite too, and I like how he quizzes those who enter his gym. He can appreciate both a mental and a physical challenge. Also, I like his subtle little history with Dr. Fuji and the Mewtwo project. An honorable mention goes to Elesa of Unova, though. Her hilariously awesome Catwalk/Night Club gym in BW2 was my favorite in the entire series.

Elite Four: Shauntal. I liker her because she's a book worm, like me. She believes that life is like a good book, and I agree with her. Plus, she uses Ghost-Types, which are among my favorites.

Champion: Cynthia. Not merely my favorite champion, one of my favorite NPC's in the entire series. She perfectly embodies the three values at the heart of Sinnoh's culture: Wisdom, Emotion, and Willpower. She helps the player constantly throughout their journey, and really becomes a friend. It's nice when the game's final boss has an established relationship with the player, and in my opinion Cynthia played this role better than any other.

Dome Ace Tucker. He's a guy who likes putting on a show, and battling it out before a huge crowd. I can appreciate that, as any contest is more interesting with some theatrics.

Professor Oak. There's just something endearing about him that no other Regional Professor has ever matched, and I doubt any ever will. His infinite wisdom, constant advice, and even his occasional senior moments have cemented him as unforgettable character. He's not just a Pokemon Professor, he's THE Pokemon Professor.

Team Galactic. They just felt the most threatening of any villianous team, likey due to the cataclysmic nature of their plot. Team Rocket was basically the mafia, and Teams Magma and Aqua were really more misguided than evil. Team Galactic wanted to DESTROY THE UNIVERSE, so the stakes felt much higher. Team Plasma was also great, and easily my second favorite. It was cool to see a Team that challenged the very notion at the heart of the series.

Cyrus. This guy was a true antagonist. Viciously brutal when necessary, but also calm and calculating. It's obvious that he has some serious mental issues, and his poor social skills lead him to lash out at the world by attempting to destroy and rebuild it. I actually think that his backstory is really sad. He spent his time with machines, so he never got to experience another human spirit, so he became the monster at the head of Team Galactic. Like Ghetsis, he fed BS to his countless followers just to achieve his own persona goal. And his exit from the story is rather ominous, but since he stays in the Distortion World (in Platinum, at least) he seems to have gotten what he wanted.

N also gets an honorable mention, as my second favorite Team Leader. His story was weaved into Black and White brilliantly, and it was powerful to see him join the player's side in the end. Like with Silver, it's just so fascinating to see him change over the course of the plot. He was never evil, of course. He just wanted what was best for Pokemon. And his departure was extremely emotional. The fact that he is never encountered again after defeating Ghetsis gives his character some serious resonance.

Youngster Joey. 'Nuff said.

ECM

Red is my favorite, simply because he was the original and actually plays a role, albeit a minor one, in games in which he isn't the protagonist. I also really like Brendan, he's my favorite design wise.

Cheren. To me, he's the perfect balance between friend and rival. I also think he is more well developed than other rivals, plus he becomes a gym leader.

That's a tough one. I have to name a couple per region, it's really hard to pick just one.
Kanto: Sabrina and Giovanni. I think Sabrina is so cool, and Giovanni because he's both the villainous team leader and a gym leader, plus he's Silvers dad.
Johto: Morty and Jasmine. Morty just looks cool, and I like how he seems more interested in the legendary Pokémon. I like Jasmine because I like characters that are sweet, nice and quiet, but also powerful.
Hoenn: Norman. He's your dad! I just though that was cool. Plus he uses a Slaking.
Sinnoh: Volkner. He's just cool
Unova: Cheren and Brycen. I just love that Brycen is an actor, plus he uses ice types, which are my favorite

Elite Four: Lorelei. She threatened Team Rocket with an attack from Lapras. She don't play. I also like Koga.
Champion: Cynthia. I think she has the best team out of all the champions.

Umm, Caitlin.

Gotta love Prof. Oak, haha. I like all of them though, from favorite to least favorite:
Oak, Juniper, Birch, Rowan, Elm

Team Rocket. No cult like beliefs. No mission of grandeur. They're just a Pokémon mafia of sorts, just doing business, making money, and maybe take over the world along the way.

Natural Gropius Harmonia. After that... Giovanni

Bill. The guy just gives out Eevee like it Christmas.

charizard:Luvr

Flame Trainer
Favourite PLAYABLE CHARACTER
Red
Favourite RIVAL
May from Emerald
Favourite GYM LEADER
Janine
Favourite ELITE 4 MEMBER/CHAMP
Elite 4 member:Koga
Champ:Lance
Favourite FRONTIER BRAIN
Brandon
Favourite PROFESSOR
Oak
Favourite CRIMINAL TEAM
Team Galactic
Favourite IN-GAME CAST MEMBER
Kurt

Last edited:

jailo

Red he was awesome

Blue because he really seemed like your rival and not just a friend you battle from time to time like most of the other characters

Probably Giovanni because it was such a shock at the time

Probably Iris

The original Prof Oak

Team Rocket because they wanted cash and didn't want to do weird stuff like all the other teams

Ghetsis because he really seemed like a bad guy

Probably Bill what a top guy he is starting the PC and giving me an evvee

Infernape77

All of them. No exception. I prefer the male characters, though.

Hugh

Erika/Blue(Kanto), Jasmine(Kanto), Norman/Flannery(Hoenn), Fantina/Volkner(Sinnoh), Elesa(Unova)

Lance(Kanto), Karen(Johto), Phoebe/Drake/Wallace(Hoenn), Flint/Cynthia(Sinnoh), Caitlin/Grimsley/Iris(Unova)

Lucy and Palmer(and Caitlin)

Oak and Juniper

Team Galactic and Plasma

N (plus Anthea and Concordia if they count)

Riley

Colt45

Cobalt

Well, I find the protags to be incredibly overrated honestly, but if you forced me to choose one at gun crossbow point, I'd pick Red.

Gary/Blue I LOVE Gary and Blue. I've always loved douchey character for some reason, especially if they redeem themselves in the end, and Gary Oak did that in the anime. Also, I first saw Electivire when it was Gary Oak's in the anime, and i immediately fell in love with it there.

Brock, if based on the anime for sure, but going purely off the games, definitely Volkner. For one thing, he has a badass design, for another, he uses my favorite type!

Never given this much thought honestly, so I guess I'm just gonna go with Blue :D

Never played Emerald, or Platinum (though I plan to play the latter some day), so I can't say.

Professor Oak, without a doubt. I love that wise old man character, and Oak is no exception.

How can it not be TR? They're so classic and nostalgic, and in the anime, though they got old after a while, they were pretty funny as a kid at first.

Giovanni, badass Mafia type leader.

I guess Bill, because I can't think of anyone else.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Wes from Colosseum, hands-down. He knocks the playable characters from the main-series games out of the water in sheer coolness. Unlike them, he actually has
a backstory, and I like the fact that he's an ex-thief as well.

I really liked the combination of Cheren and Bianca as rivals in Black/White. They really put a unique twist on the rival system in that game, and I really like the contrast in their personalities as well. I was really disappointed to get a boring ordinary rival in the sequels... though I am glad he's not a jerk like a certain Mr. Oak that I know.

Sabrina. I've loved her from the very beginning. I love her personality in the anime especially; it's a shame they didn't play on this more in the games. And I really like how she has psychic powers herself as well, and even exploits it in the games--i.e. teleporting all the way to Johto in HG/SS just so that she could see the ocean. Wow. My second-favourite gym leader is Burgh, who is also the only person in the entire Pokemon world who I've ever had a legitimate crush on.

Hmm, that question's a bit tougher. Among Elite Four members, it's a tie between Will, Lucian, Grimsley, and Shauntal. And Lance... yes, he counts, even though he got promoted to Champion in Gold/Silver. Among Champions, it's definitely Cynthia. Though I also kind of like Alder, though that's only because of his beautiful theme music and his habit of jumping off of cliffs.

Well, I don't really encounter the Frontier Brains besides Palmer much, so I can't really say.

Professor Oak, since he was the original and seemed to have a deeper personality than the others. Juniper comes in a close second, if only because she stands out as being the only female professor so far.

Team Rocket will always be my favourite for being overall badass. Seriously, they're the team that seems to bear the most resemblance to the mafia, even though its grunts are a bunch of idiots (though that goes for any team). A very close second place goes to Team Plasma, mostly because of N because I really like him for some strange reason. And for the music that plays in Black/White when you battle their grunts. The fact that they built an entire castle underneath the Pokemon League rises them up several notches as well.

N, as I already mentioned. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him at the end of Black/White, especially given what Ghetsis did to him. Oh, and Giovanni comes in second for being, well, Giovanni. And I like his Persian.

That one's also hard... I can't even think of anyone here. Well, I'll tentatively say Fennel, because crazy scientists FTW, dream working FTW, and assistant name of Amanita FTW.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
1. Who's your favorite Playable Character?
Ethan (Aka) Gold from S/G/Crystal versions

2. Who's your favorite Rival?
Gary is my favorite! Gary is a jerk, and was always a fun rival battle. He always made me so mad when I was a kid. I would work so hard to get stronger and better just so I could beat him everytime.

3. Who’s your favorite Gym Leader?
My favorite Gym Leader is Brock! I like Brock so much that I actually quit watching the Pokemon anime when he left...If he ever comes back every now and then i'll watch the anime every chance I get! If he even came back fulltime that would be awesome!

4. Who’s your favorite Elite Four Member/Champion
My favorite Elite 4 member is Lance. I have had some very memorable battles with him! Oh, how I loved fighting his Dragonites!

5. Who’s your favorite Frontier Brain?
Brandon. His pokemon are so cool! The Regis!

6. Who’s your favorite Professor?
Professor Oak is my favorite Proffesor!

7. What’s your favorite Criminal Team?
The original team Rocket. Jesse, James, and Meowth are awesome!

8. Who's your favorite Criminal Team Leader?
Giovanni!

9. Who's your favorite In-Game Cast Character?
I have always liked Wally.

Kanix

Red

Silver

Sabrina

Koga

Oak

Team Rocket

Giovanni

Rai+

I think Hilda was my favourite, from BW...not so fond of her name though xd I guess it's just because she has brown hair/blue eyes like me, and her fashion 'style'? So it's more realistic for me.

I'll say Blue/Gary from the originals, back when I used to watch the anime!

Uhh, I don't really have one. But I remember I used to like Blaine's Gym because I used to think his pokemon and typing were cool...

I'm gonna stick with Lance, way back in the originals :p There's just something about him, probably nostalgia and the only one I can really think of xd I also think Shauntal is pretty cool, reminds me of Ruby Gloom...

I had to look this one up since I can't remember a thing about this... uhh Lucy looks cool?!

Professor Birch always seemed a little 'cooler' than the rest xd

I always thought Magma had the coolest outfits!

Has to be Giovanni. Has to be.

Riley (again) thanks to his Lucario, before it became overrated...

GoshinX03

Pride & Power
It's actually between Red and Gold

Blue/Gary

Male: Giovanni
Female: Sabrina

Elite Four Member: Will
Champion: Lance

Male: Maven Spencer
Female: Lucy

Male: Professor Oak
Female: Professor Fennel

Team Rocket

Giovanni

Bill

The girl in B/W, I LOVE her design, the game, however, could've been better

N if he counts, if not then the rival in B/W2. MUST DESTORY TEAM PLASMA!

Clair, her anime and gameself mixed together makes a perfect character. She isn't calm, queit and reserved like most girls (overrated girls D:<) yet she isn't a annoying mean awful Person like everyone thinks. Shes a tough, kinda arrogant girl on the outside, but a huge sweetheart on the inside. I support the idea of her becoming champion in the feature games, I would be interested in how she got her and I supposed she matured on her path. Im pretty sure she''ll be better then SOME people -glares at Lance, Iris and Gary-

Elite four: Karen, Will, Flint, Shauntal and Grimsly
My favorate champions are a tie between Cynthia (yeah I know shes overrated, shut up I still like her and she isn't a mary-sue don't go pulling that off to me either) and Steven. Perfect champions in my point of view, but I like all the champions except Lance and Gary (should I even count them as champions, one hacks and the other a jackass to you and doesn't even keep his throne for that long either)

I don't care about them

Lets put it like this
Prof Oak: I know all the kanto pokemon, but I cant remember me grandsons name
Me: ITs stupid
Prof Oak: Oh I remember now!
Gary/Green: I have the worst grandfather ever -_-

TEAM GALATIC!!! I do like team Magmas outfits though

Team Rocket: none
Team Magma: Maxie
Team Aqua: Archie
Team Galactic: Mars/Saturn/Cyrus
Team Plasma: N

Youngster Joey, BLAME THE INTERNET