• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorites Thread: PEOPLE

Leonhart

Imagineer
1. Who's your favorite PLAYABLE CHARACTER?
Hibiki (Ethan) simply because I really like his design and his cap in particular.

2. Who's your favorite RIVAL?
Silver from the Jouto games. He was rude and arrogant much like the rival in Gen I, but I thought his team was better, and I liked his relation to Sakaki (Giovanni).

3. Who’s your favorite GYM LEADER (Trial Captain)?
Overall I think that I like Kasumi (Misty) the most, mainly because her Gym has the best overall designs in each game it's shown in.

4. Who’s your favorite ELITE FOUR MEMBER/CHAMPION?
Wataru (Lance) in the Gen I games and remakes. I really like his design, and the fact that he's the strongest member of his group in Gen I.

5. Who’s your favorite FRONTIER BRAIN?
Lila (Anabel), although Jindai (Brandon) is a very close second. I think my favorite thing about them both was that they used Legendary Pokemon.

6. Who’s your favorite PROFESSOR?
Araragi-hakase (Professor Juniper). Being the first female professor in the games made her stand out from the other professors, and she seemed more relatable to me.

7. What’s your favorite CRIMINAL TEAM?
The Rocket-dan (Team Rocket). I only like their Gen I and II incarnations though, not the version of them that appeared in US/UM.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Lucas & Dawn (Sinnoh protagonists): I like their aesthetic

(Gary, Silver, May/Brendan, Wally, Barry?)
Tie between Barry, Gladion, & Hop
Barry and Hop are perfect blends of friendly and competitive
Gladion because he’s an edge lord done right

3. Who’s your favorite GYM LEADER?
(Does Brock rock? Does Gardenia get your garden growing?)
Volkner or Raihan
I can relate to Volkner being bored of his own capabilities & Raihan’s energetic and big bro.

(Is Flint hot stuff? Is Lance the man?)
Flint, Grimsley, or Malva
Flint’s energy
Grimsley’s slyness
Malva’s sense of high class

(From the Battle Frontier in Emerald and Platinum)
Spencer
He’s calm yet strong
(Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, etc)
Rowan and Kukui
Rowan: strict but cares about Lucas, Dawn, & Barry
Kukui is fun loving yet a formidable Trainer

(Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Dim-Sun, etc)
Galactic
I like the space motif

8. Who's your favorite CRIMINAL TEAM MEMBER/LEADER?
(Are you a fan of the Go-Rock Quads? Do you like Cyrus's mad scheming?)
Cyrus or Guzma
Cyrus was the first sympathized villan
Guzma being a social outcast done right

9. Who's your favorite IN-GAME CAST CHARACTER?
(Bill, the PC creator? Scott, the talent scout? Mr. Fuji, the Pokemon caretaker?)
The “Science is Amazing!” guy who appears in every game. A small but always appreciated sign of the series progress

Kahunas: I honestly love all of them: Hala is a good mentor to several people, Olivia is energetic yet caring, and Hapu’s old fashioned yet willing to learn. Favorite is probably Nanu for his aloof nature

Champion: Cynthia. Strong, smart, and memorable

catzeye

Writer's Block
Hilda/Hilbert by far. I was a teen when Black/White were introduced so seeing two protagonists that were clearly not 10/11 were very welcome in my eyes.

Tie between Blue, Hop and Wally for me.
Blue was the original and the only "jerk" rival I actually like. Wally went from shy and sickly to confident. Hop had to really sort things out about being in his brother's shadows. Plus they both had really epic rival battle themes.

Tie between Norman, Kabu, Piers, and Raihan
Norman just because the idea of battling your own father in-game was actually pretty epic. It added a level of stakes to the game that felt so satisfying to accomplish
Kabu because of his backstory of having to struggle a bit, not to mention his mildly frustrating gym challenge was a unique change of pace.
Piers is definitely brother of the year and I liked how he had a traditional, non-Dynamax battle to switch up the pace. Plus I enjoyed his involvement in the story.
Raihan for actually using strategy (weather) and using double battles also helped to switch it up.

The entire Elite 4 of Unova gets this. I like their motifs, their character their battle theme.
For Champion, Leon takes the cake. I love his hammy personality in front of the crowds and how it switches up to being more subdued in the battle tower. Not to mention the implication that he wasn't that happy with being Champion was an interesting tidbit that I wished they explored a bit more.

5. Who’s your favorite PROFESSOR?
Kukui definitely stood out to me the most. I enjoyed battling him in SuMo (and I disliked how they replaced that battle for how in USUM). The anime also helped to endear him to me even further.

Tie between Team Plasma and Team Skull. I liked how the original Team Plasma was mostly misguided with a few people in on the true charade. It was a refreshing story to have in a Pokemon Game. Team Skull were awesome sympathetic losers. I felt for them

Courtney from Team Magma is insane and I love it.
N from Team Plasma. His character arc was absolutely fascinating.
Plumeria is a boss
Guzma is definitely my favorite

Sonia. I really liked seeing her character development in-game, I just wished we got to see her battle.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Dawn and Lucas. They just seem really chill and laid back.

It was Hugh for a very long time, but now it's Hop. His arc was incredible (albeit depressing) to watch. For the first time ever, your rival was actually affected by how often they lost to you.

Leader Salem Jasmine. She's a real sweetheart who's also incredibly skilled. I like that.

Lorelei. No one tops her.

Roulette Goddess Dahlia. She's just so awesome. I literally wrote a song about her!

Professor Kukui. For obvious reasons. lol

Aether Foundation. They were the real deal. They didn't have any insane plans or absurd supervillain destruction. They were simply shady as f***, and too rich to care. lol
I would've liked Macro Cosmos for the same reason if Chairman Rose wasn't so dumb.

Lusamine, definitely. Not only was she a great villain, but I sympathized with her.

Not necessarily a cast member, but the Old Man in Anistar City. I still think about him now and then.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Playable Character: Rosa, as she's adorable and I really like her hairdo. There's also the peppy way she's characterized in Pokémon Masters,
Rival: Bede, as he's the first jerk rival so far to be called out on and have his status revoked. That was a major cathartic moment.
Gym Leader: Opal, as while I'm fond of other elderly Gym Leaders, there's something admirable about how she's run the Gym for 70 years.
Elite Four/Champion: Molayne, as I liked his passing-the-torch moment of handing the observatory to Sophocles.
Frontier Brain: Thorton, as I find his weird calculating, dismissive but compassionate attitude amusing.
Professor: Sycamore, in part as he's the first one to specialize in a regional phenomenon and in part as people tend to forget about him.
Criminal Team: Skull, as they're the most relatable group and a deconstruction of the concept, made up mostly of people who feel rejected.
Criminal Team Member/Leader: Guzma, for being the leader of Team Skull and getting his redemption finally in Ultra.
In-Game Cast Character: The guy with the Eevee who works at the Thrifty Megamart for the tragedy of having to abandon his dreams.

Rodpaco

1. Who's your favorite PLAYABLE CHARACTER? Red, the legend himself.

2. Who's your favorite RIVAL? Gary (not even close).

3. Who’s your favorite GYM LEADER? Giovanni.

4. Who’s your favorite ELITE FOUR MEMBER/CHAMPION? Gary/Blue is the man. But I love Cynthia and Steven too.

5. Who’s your favorite FRONTIER BRAIN? Lucy, Brandon, and Noland are all awesome.

6. Who’s your favorite PROFESSOR? Oak.

7. What’s your favorite CRIMINAL TEAM? In the anime, definitely Team Rocket (Jessie, James, and Meowth are iconic). But in the games I found Team Aqua and Magma far more interesting.

8. Who's your favorite CRIMINAL TEAM MEMBER/LEADER? Giovanni, he's a badass.

9. Who's your favorite IN-GAME CAST CHARACTER? I like Scott, I associate him with good memories in the Battle Frontier.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Used to be Brendan, but changed to Calem during XY. Dawn and Serena are great too, but I’ve never used them.

Wally

Roxanne

Caitlin, Siebold and Will.

I’m not particularly fond of any of them.

Eh Juniper I guess

Cipher, Team Plasma and Aether Foundation.

Lusamine

9. Who’s your favorite Champion?
Steven Stone

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Probably between May, Dawn, and Hilbert for me.

N

Elesa

Dad- Er, I mean Steven Stone.

Lucy

Kukui

Team Magma/Aqua

Archie, gotta love a cool pirate captain. Giovanni also gets credit for being the OG.

Lillie