• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorites Thread: POKEMON

Which Pokemon Generation is the Best?

• 1st Generation

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 2nd Generation

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 3rd Generation

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 4th Generation

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 5th Generation

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
My favourite Pokemon, if it weren't obvious by my name, is Vulpix. (Ninetales come in a close second.)
Vulpix is the first Pokemon I ever knew of, thanks to my brother bringing home a Vulpix card when I was in kindergarten. As I grew more and more into Pokemon I found myself increasingly attacked to Vulpix, and now it is, without a doubt, my absolute favorite.
The shiny is bright yellow, which is always a good colour for shinies. (Ninetales is silver with blue tail-tips, which is even better.)
Vulpix, as a basic Pokemon, has bad stats compared to fully evolved Pokemon, but it excells in Special Defense and Speed, with Special Attack coming in third. (Same with Ninetales, only the stats are comparable to other fully evolved Pokemon.)
The thing about Vulpix's movepool though, is that it learns a lot of moves that are 'dark/spiritual' like Payback, Grudge, and Extrasensory. I personally think that, since Ninetales is based on a Kitsune (Japanese legend about fox spirits that grow a new tail every 100 years until they have nine,) It was meant to be a Fire/Ghost, but Gengar stole that chance from it. Either way, it learns some strong Fire Type moves, but not too much beyond that (Extrasensory is good though.)
Plus Drought, that's important too.
Vulpix is #37 in the National Dex.

Garbodor.

Volcarona.

Amazing special sweeper.
It's shiny has yellow wings (I love yellow).
Amazing special sweeper
Great move set

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Nice thread you got here! As for me, my favorite Pokémon is Togepi.

Why do I like Togepi ?
I got quickly attached to Misty's Togepi on TV, and I found it cute at first sight. I loved how this little Pokémon was made to get into troubles and how interesting it could be. Since then, no other Pokémon has reached my complete satisfaction as Togepi's family does.

Does its shiny color looks good ?
I'm not interested in Togepi because of its shiny form (I didn't even know what it was when I first saw Togepi) and, in any ways, its shiny form's not very great looking. Switching the blue to red and the red to blue isn't what I call interesting or original, and replacing its white skin to a more beige one just make things worse.

What is its power, stats wise ?
Togepi is a baby Pokémon and a basic stage, so it's completely natural for it to not have so good stats at first. But Togepi, compared to the other baby Pokémon, has a kind of great defense and special defense. Let's just assume it might not get KO'd at the first hit with a Pokémon of its "size". But that's not why I love Togepi, though.

What is its power, move wise ?
I was very impressed by Togepi's movepool. It can learn a large amount of TMs and, once it is evolving, can learn some spectacular moves such as Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Sky Attack and ExtremeSpeed. But as a Togepi, it can still learn major part of the moves, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Water Pulse (prior to the fifth generation), the rare and exciting Metronome move and other moves we couldn't expect to see it do. That's what I love in Togepi's movepool ; it's large and there's a lot of unexpected moves.

Togepi's National Pokédex number.
Togepi is registered as the Pokémon #175 in the National Pokédex.

Last edited:

Midnite♪

Distant Stargazer
• Zorua is my favorite Pokemon since I love foxes and I've always been fascinated with illusions. I usually prefer the cute, small quadrupedal types over the large bipeds, which is why I prefer Zorua over its evolution.
• Sepia fur with blue accents, pretty cute shiny, though I will admit that I prefer shiny Zoroark's purple coloring.
• Being a base stage Pokemon, Zorua's stats aren't that high, and its defenses are paper-thin. However, base 80 Sp. Attack isn't that bad at that stage, and base 65 Speed is decent.
• Zorua's movepool is rather shallow. Being a tricky, deceitful Pokemon, it does learn some nice moves like Trick (via Move Tutor), Sucker Punch, and Nasty Plot. Although Night Daze has some competition with Dark Pulse, it's slightly stronger and has a likely chance of reducing accuracy by one stage. With a male Vulpix or Ninetales (both of which are also among my faves, coincedentially), it is possible for a Zorua egg to hatch with the move Extrasensory. What sets Zorua apart from other Dark types, however, is its ability of Illusion. This ability allows it to masquerade as the Pokemon at the end of your party, which can throw your opponent off if you use it correctly. However, it is also easy to mess up the guise (such as making it appear as a Pokemon that was weakened in the battle prior), and give away that you just sent out a Zorua/Zoroark using Illusion.
• Zorua's national dex number is #570.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
-My Favorite Pokemon is Snorlax, it dates back to when I first played Red/Blue. When I finally found the giant sleeping Pokemon blocking my way on Route 12, at first I was puzzled but curious as well. I was surprised however to find another one on Route 16. When I finally got the pokeflute an caught it I kepted it on my team an boy was I impressed. Since then I've always tried getting myself a Snorlax, I even used one when I started competitive battling during D/P. However I don't really care much for it's pre-evolution Munchlax.
-It's shiny is just a light blue color, I actually prefer it's normal color instead since green is my favorite color.
-I'd say having 160 HP, 110 Atk, an 110 Sp. Def is pretty great. I don't care much for it's horrible 30 Spd because Curse works great. Snorlax also has a fairly large movepool. Since Snorlax is Normal and has great Atk move like Return it can be devastating especially when boosted by Curse. A combination of it's high Atk + STAB + Curse + Max Happiness, Return is a move that should be feared. Curse is always a great move for Snorlax it raises it's already high Atk, but it also raises it's 60 Def at the cost of lowering it's Spd but Snorlax doesn't need Spd.
-It's National Dex number is #143

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Metagross is a psychic spider tank, that's all I need to say.

⊙ᴗ⊙
My favorite Pokemon is Infernape.

Why do I like him? At first, I never really liked him, but after running a Nuzlocke and choosing Chimchar as my starter, I came to realize how much I actually adored the fiery monkey. Later I did a solo-run of the game, and he became my first level 100 Pokemon, and he's travelled with me through both Sinnoh and Unova. I'm hoping that soon he'll be able to follow me into Kalos as well. Design wise, nothing's cooler than being based on the almighty Sun Wukong, one of the coolest characters from classical literature and ones the biggest badasses in existence. I just find him amazing all around.

Does his shiny look good? Ehhh..... no. His shiny form... it's well, another story. While his normal color scheme is great... did they really have to choose pink of all things for his shiny? Doesn't mean I still don't plan to eventually hunt one, but there were so many better colors that could have been chosen. And what's with not changing the color of his fire? C'mon Game Freak, let's just take Emboar's shiny scheme and stick it on Infernape, I'm sure the pig won't miss it~

Stat-wise? Infernape is a beast when it comes to both forms of attacking, and with above average speed, he can do a lot of damage quickly if the opponent is unprepared. The only drawback would be his lower than average defenses. But who needs those when you can have fun punching holes in everything?

Move-wise? Lookit all these moves! It may not be THE biggest, but Infernape has a lot of options. Did I say I did a solo-run with my Infernape on Platinum? Between Grass Knot and Stone Edge, there wasn't a Water or Flying type that could get in my way. And along with Flamethrower/later Overheat and Close Combat as STAB moves, blasting through everything was a breeze. The amount of coverage options is extremely nice just for ingame play.

National Dex number? Infernape is number 592 in the national dex.

Last edited:

Astinus

I'm going to have to do this with Nidoking, who has always been a quiet favorite.

Why do I like him? Design-wise, I've always liked the bulky Pokemon. Nidoking just happened to become more of my favorite because I liked the entire evolution line, the attacks that he can learn, and the little bit of teal he has in his ears. He's been a useful Pokemon the few times that I've used him.

Does his shiny look good? Shiny Nidoking is my favorite shiny. Blue's my favorite color, and pairing it with white will always make me like it more. And at least it's a shiny color-change that's noticeable and looks good.

Stat-wise? Kind of on the frail side with base defense and sp.defense stats in the seventies, but he's a beast with special attacks, the right nature, and the right ability.

Move-wise? Nidoking's pretty decent, especially for special moves. He can cover most of his weaknesses while dealing a substantial amount of damage.

National Dex number? 34, which doesn't really mean anything to me haha.

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Shaymin is my favourite Pokèmon, as you might have gathered from my Username.

Shaymin's Land Forme is cute, and Sky Forme is really cool.

It doesn't have the best Shiny Sprite, but regardless, it's still cool.

I really don't do much competitive battling, so I don't really know (or care) about Shaymin's stats or movepool.

National Dex number is 492, which is 42 with a 9 between it. As we all know, 42 is the answer to the universe, so... Shaymin is the answer to the univers plus 9!

sunny phoenix

My favorite pokemon is Ninetales
Foxes are my favorite animals so it was only natural i will like vulpix and ninetales. I love its looks, its aristocratic and beautifull... I like how its white, despite vulpix being red, the usual colour for fire types....
I always use it when i play and i have even used it in competitive play in OU way before it got frought and everyone started using it in sunny teams
its stats are good too, its fast with good special defence and nice sp attack, also it has a very interesting movepool

The desert spirit

Dragon Empress
My favorite pokemon of all time is definetly flygon (hence the avatar and signature) being a dragon is part of the reason, I love dragons in general. Other than that I actually have no idea why I like the spirit of the desert so much. It's just so... Awesome.
My favorite eeveelution is not an evolution, but instead the base, eevee. It has the potential to become one of eight (sylveon included) elegant and overall amazing creatures, not to mention eevee itself is extremely cute.

jasonx816

Rookie
1. Who’s your favorite STARTER POKEMON?
I'd be an Idiot if I didn't say Turtwig

2. Who’s your favorite LEGENDARY POKEMON?
Celebi combo of cute and powerful

3. Who’s your favorite EEVEELUTION?
Vaporeon, that kid is a walking power house

4. Who’s your favorite SHINY VERSION of a Pokemon?
Zorua

5. Who’s your favorite ALTERNATE FORME?
Rotom Lawn Mower ;D

GunZ

Arcanine. I remember having the blue version and my brother having the red version. He was able to get Arcanine which I thought looked awesome, but all I could get was Meowth.

Gen 1: Squirtle
Gen 2: Cyndaquil
Gen 3: Treecko
Gen 4: Piplup
Gen 5: None
Gen 6: Chespin

Uber: Mewtwo
Non-Uber: Suicune

Tie between Leafeon and Vaporeon

Glalie, those red eyes are awesome

I guess I prefer blue Shellos/Gastrodon to pink, and red Basculin to blue

6. Who's your favorite Pokemon EVER?
Poliwrath. He was my first holographic card, and had a typing unique to himself (until that wretched Keldeo came along)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
My favorite starter from all is actually Torchic, though my favorite starter type is Water type. My favorite regional trio is still the one that Sinnoh offered. I loved how original and nice they were. They always looked more beautiful than the other trios. My favorite starter evolution is Empoleon. Though my favorite starter is Torchic, Empoleon is, to me, even better than Combusken or Blaziken.

Mh, I don't like much legendaries. My favorite trio is the Tao trio, my favorite base 100 stat legendary is Jirachi, almost tied with Shaymin and Meloetta and my favorite roaming Pokémon is Latias.

Flareon. I always prefered Flareon over the others. Leafeon and Eevee are following it right behind

It's Latias's shiny form. I got her in shiny because how beautiful it was. Gyarados is coming next.

Cherrim's sunshine form is my favorite. It's actually way better than how it looks with its purple petals.

6. Who's your favorite POKÉMON ?
Mine is actually Togepi. I just love that Pokémon.

GhostlyChrome7

Favorite Starter Pokemon:
I just love how regal Serperior looks and that amazing speed. But my base starter is Turtwig
Trio:I adore the Kalos trio. Out of those Chespin is my favorite.
My favorite Legendary:
GIRITINA. Its looks and its typing are both epic.Ghst is my favorite type.
Eeveelution:
Its a tie between Umbreon and Sylveon.
Favorite Shiny:
Gallade.
Alternate form:
The alternate form of Mewtwo. An awesome spin on a ageing Pokemon.
My favorite Pokemon:
Its a really big tie. Gengar, Chandelure, Vanilluxe, Giratina, Gallade, and Sylveon.

Last edited:

julabard

Best starter ever: Bulbasaur.
Favourite Pokemon ever: Herecross. He's so damned rad. Strong in the game, funny in the cartoon.

Xerneas777

Look in my sig for my favorites. To answer more questions my favorite starter is Sceptile. My favorite eeveelutions is sylveon. Since xerneas's shiny form hasn't been revealed, my favorite shiny is reshiram.

KyuremFreeze

Hello, b0ss
What is your favorite starter pokemon?
Deffinetly Chimchar
Who is your Favorite legendary pokemon?
Latias, who is also my favorite pokemon because the pokemon heros movie was awesome.
Who is your favorite Eeveeloution?
Vaporeon, that thing is a beast.
Who is your favorite shiny version of a pokemon?
Giratina looks amazing when its shiny.
Who is your favorite alternate form of a pokemon?
Giratinas origin form.
Who is your favorite pokemon?
Latias, all day, Every day.