• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourate Rival

treespyro

Vintage much?
Blue because he is a true Rival because He has been there since your childhood and he is always ahead of you and he is stronger then the Elite 4

So Yeah

Last edited:

golduck#1

actually may is like the true rival. but i like silver the best

PokeGirl*

Pearl, was the only one I played. xD

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
FYI, Wally is the "official" rival in RSE, not Brenden/May.

And I think I like Pearl/Jun best.

pirate555

Word.
I always found Gary/Blue too arrogant for my liking, and in Pokemon Yellow I always wanted that Eevee... So I'd go with Silver. he's quite a complex character, with a darkground and some interesting hair/clothing styles =P I always nicknamed him Scorpio in my games for some reason..
Pirate

Maruno

Wally/May and Pearl are awful rivals. They're too chummy and, "this is just a friendly battle between friends, friend". Wally disappears for ages before showing up for only two battles (plus rematches), and May loses interest halfway through, which is terrible behaviour for a rival. Pearl teams up with the player a couple of times, and again is still too chummy to count. I think it's the attitude, rather than the position they take, that makes someone a rival.

Blue was cool, and I'd forgotten what Silver got up to (aside from the theft at the start of the game). Obviously I'm going to choose one of these two, and at random I'll choose Blue. He's the only one who became a Champion (and keeps on regaining that position as soon as you leave the building), so he's obviously strong, and he never properly helps you or goes into friendship speeches, so they're big pluses.

Wait a minute, the one of the 1st gen is called Blue? I always tought his name was Green.
My favorite rival is Silver, I just like his attitude.

Darkhonchcrow

Silver as well for me because he had a really good team compared to the others. Next would come Pearl because he had a few good pokes. Third would be Blue because he was always there to be annoying and you had to go all out against him. Last would be May because she had really bad pokes as did Wally.

Mike-achu

I'm gonna go with blue because he is a true "rival" he's not too evil, like silver, even though he's arrogant. and he's not too nice like Wally or May/Brendan or a spazz like Pearl. Blue is the first and Actually behaved as a rival.

Pokemon_fan5

Pokemon Lover
In my point of view, blue is kinda mean to the other player thingy,(in red and blue, I havent play firered or leafgreen yet) sliver is too mean and selfish, in gold and sliver. May/Brendan/Wally are alright but my best chose for a perfect rival is pearl. That my choice.

KyogreKing

I'm back
Silver. He had the best pokemon team, and I love his backstory, too. He's cool due to his attitude(he treats pokemon like warfare, and don't you think that we need a pokemon for older kids?)

KyogreKing

I'm back
Silver. He had the best pokemon team, and I love his backstory, too. He's cool due to his attitude(he treats pokemon like warfare, and don't you think that we need a pokemon for older kids?)