• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite 3rd Gen Game

Favourite 3rd Gen Main Series Game?

• Pokemon Ruby/Pokemon Sapphire

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Pokemon FireRed/Pokemon Leaf Green

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Pokemon Emerald

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Pokemon Colesseum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • All suck!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmartD

Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen, because it's a remake of Red/Blue.

Sweeney Todd

...with passion. ♥
My favorite is Emerald. After that, I would have to go with LeafGreen.

Emerald 2006

*Points to screen name*
That was my Fav of the Third Gen.

Next would be Leaf Green,
if you could call that third gen...

I may be disagreed with, but I perfered pokemon ruby/sapphire over the rest of the third gen games because it was my first pokemon game to begin with. It was also one of the first games, and is the reason I play games today. I was so amazed by how fun and freash it was, and it is one of my favourite video games.

cieux

banned
i like fire red and leaf green the best; probably because of the interface. the sprites for the original 151 are very, very nice. much better than even the 4th gen sprites, in my opinion. the colours go very nicely together.

but it's a close tie. i like emerald because of all the extras and the battle frontier, as well... however i prefer to run around the kanto region doing random things.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Mine has to be Emerald.

Shadow XD001

I like both Emerald and FireRed. I never really had the chance to play R/G/B (I have Yellow, but it's ehhh)

Emerald was great because Hoenn is my favorite Generation thus far and Sapphire was my first game, and I have Ruby, so it was great to have Emerald, since it's a sequel with great added features that weren't in R/S.

I like Emerald slightly more then FireRed, so I vote for Emerald.

I really had a lot of fun in Emerald. Though Fire Red and Leaf Green were where all of my shinys came from. Tough call, but I'll have to go with Emerald. =]

saar

Shiny Flygon
Emerald, I think it was better. The battle frontier there was great.

Second is Leafgreen, I liked the old games.

tom-tom

Furret <3
Even though Emerald was great, with battle frontier, i still would have to say that Fire Red was my favorite 3rd generation game. (You can't beat the originals, well kinda)

Beebar234

Emerald. RS are fun, as well as FRLG, but you can't beat the third versions. And filling in the Pokedex is/was fun for me.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
despite Emerald being my first 3rd gen game, I liked Fire Red more. It was kinda fun, with the side quest on Sevii Islands, AND, I found my first shiny ever in a GBA game on Fire Red, so, I have good memories with it. The only thing I don't like about Fire Red/Leaf Green versions is the Breeding center only in the 4th island.

Last edited:

zodiacsage

Challenge Seeker
A difficult choice for me to decide, but I will have to go with FireRed. That is the first Pokemon game I played after a few years of inactivity from the series and I have never quit again since. Also, my trusty Charizard came from Professor Oak on FR so it just adds to its standing in my opinion.

Jirachidude

collecter and trader
Fire Red, I didn't really like R/S/E, there was nothing new about it. But you gotta love the remakes!