• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite 90s Nostalgia Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
poochi21.JPG

Anyone else remember these? They were the coolest thing ever when I was a kid.
I do believe they came out in the early 00's, but hey, still something from my childhood.

Also:
rockos-modern-life.gif

Spyro_the_Dragon.jpg

win95.png

Zazie

So 1991
I always forget about these guys. Holy balls.

I was always a fan of 90's Cartoons. Obviously Pokemon still has a place in my heart, but what about Batman: The Animated Series? What about Animaniacs? What about when Disney spouted out good cartoons like DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Bonkers, Goof Troop, and the like? Those were the good ol' days.

[img139]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/15600/1474561-fly5_super.jpg[/img139]

Goof Troop was the ****. Ducktales was also but it technically started in the 1980s. (I believe 87)

Real men watch Sailor Moon.

Thanks for ruining Sailor Moon for me.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
[img139]http://www.uselessbabble.com/articles/0013/images/001.jpg[/img139]

Am I the only one who LOVED playing with Furbies? My brother got a special edition Halloween one that we called Pumpkin. :D
Sadly, it was stolen from us by a neighbor's thirteen year-old son. :(

PokeMasterCait

Being 20 I talk about my childhood all the freaking time because I love it so much! :) I love the poke gum (it was a big square of pink gum with a pokemon on it and came with a puzzle piece or tattoo) and Sailor Moon and Pokemon, Cassettes and Cassette players and South Park and Pogs. Many many things but these are the ones that pop out the fastest in my head!

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I miss the 90's, I remember playing with my N64, SNES,Gameboy,PS1 etc.Some movies like Space Jam, The Land Before Time, the Lion King etc. lol also I remember the Ricky Martin song "The Cup of Life", R Kelly song "I believe I can Fly", Smash Mouth "All Star" and many more. Lol the Oreo O's cereal. uff and many more, I wish I could re-live the 90's.

indigohex

I remembered Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (RIP Thuy Trang) and Teknoman (it was the show that introduced me to anime) and Pokemon. I also remembered Eiffel 65 (I had their album Europop). And does anyone remember that series about that alien kid that was adopted by a family (I think it may have been based on Kanmen Rider or something)?

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch
The other day I found this Toys R Us Christmas Catalogue. There was also a cute commercial for that year's book.

Now Featuring:
- $60 Nintendo 64 Games (the local Toys R Us sold them for $64 because that was cute, I guess)
- The Sega Saturn's last Christmas (the Dreamcast went into development by next Christmas)
- $70 for Mortal Kombat 3 ... on Genesis
- $40 Ms. Pac-Man
- Crash Bandicoot
- Tamigotchi

Some more Retro Gaming Ads. Some of them are from the 80s.

Zazie

So 1991
The other day I found this Toys R Us Christmas Catalogue. There was also a cute commercial for that year's book.

Now Featuring:
- $60 Nintendo 64 Games (the local Toys R Us sold them for $64 because that was cute, I guess)
- The Sega Saturn's last Christmas (the Dreamcast went into development by next Christmas)
- $70 for Mortal Kombat 3 ... on Genesis
- $40 Ms. Pac-Man
- Crash Bandicoot
- Tamigotchi

Some more Retro Gaming Ads. Some of them are from the 80s.

Yikes. I am glad I didn't get an SNES until 1999 (last year of production) when all the games sold were under 30 dollars.

But I do miss how you used to be able to get a Nintendo handheld for under $100 dollars and a current gen console for under 200 dollars like in the ad. (though that was possible up until the mid 2000's technically)

I also miss Funcoland. They had a much bigger backlog of old games than Gamestop has now. I got Street Fighter 2 for the SNES for a dollar. (and super mario brothers was only 5 cents)

Status
Not open for further replies.