• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Alola Trial Captain?

Who is your favourite Alola Trial Captain?

• Ilima

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Lana

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Kiawe

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Mallow

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Sophocles

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Acerola

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Mina

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

Manchee

extra toasty
I found Acerola to be one-note. She's interesting for being an orphan and a member of the royal family (or something like that), but I didn't find her to be much more than that. And I didn't like her challenge of taking the pictures, I felt that it was too easy (though most of the challenges were, tbh).

I really enjoy Sophocles, which is really influenced by how much I like Molayne, too. I like their dynamic a lot, I thought that Soph's location and trial were fun (it's one of the only ones where I felt more... immersed, is I guess the word I would use), and in my opinion he had the best design out of them all.

twee

@^▽^@
so many acerola fans in this thread !!
honestly i thought she was a bit cliche but now
i think i've come to appreciate her more

i love the raw lgbt+ energy that is mina
fairy type is a huge bonus ~!

also i think ilima is adorable !​

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
so many acerola fans in this thread !!
honestly i thought she was a bit cliche but now
i think i've come to appreciate her more​

I was a bit neutral about Acerola when I first played through Sun, but her cheerful personality cottoned on to me, and now she's one of my favourite Trial Captains. I connect the most with Mina though, since she's an artist like me.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I was wondering if i should pick acarola or mallow, i think i'll go with mallow, though. She's sassy, cheerful, and wear's a flower in her hair =3

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mao (Mallow) is my personal favorite trial captain since her trial was entertaining. She also has a cute design, and her love of cooking is an amusing character trait.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Out of all of them, my favorite is Mallow. I love her design and the fact that she loves to cook.

My next choice would be Kiawe. He has a pretty cool design and I actually really love his trial. As underwhelming as it is, I can say that it really made me laugh.

I can’t choose between Ilima and Mina really. I feel like I can relate to both of them - Ilima is a guy who loves to run his mouth, and won’t hesitate to drop a sass bomb on his opponent (which is hilarious btw) and he’s also an intelligent studious guy, while Mina is an artist that also loves food and sometimes procrastinates quite a bit. I just can’t help but really like them!

Also I couldn’t help but find Mina’s trial just really relaxing, since after the hell that was facing Ultra Necrozma, it was really relaxing to just travel the region doing some easy battles, while quite often the music on the way to the area was slow and calm. It was the perfect thing to do after such a tough battle... although beating Totem Ribombee with a single Iron Head might’ve been pushing it...

pumqkaboo

i love ilima to death, he's so cute and sweet! acerola is a close second though.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I can’t choose between Ilima and Mina really. I feel like I can relate to both of them - Ilima is a guy who loves to run his mouth, and won’t hesitate to drop a sass bomb on his opponent (which is hilarious btw) and he’s also an intelligent studious guy, while Mina is an artist that also loves food and sometimes procrastinates quite a bit. I just can’t help but really like them!

Mina fits me perfectly then! I'm an artist, love to eat, and I sometimes put off drawing so I can laze about watching TV or looking at other websites on the Internet. :D

Kage-Pikachu

Acerola is definitely my favorite with Mallow as a close second.

I really enjoyed how S/M gave the captains larger roles in the story to make them more interesting. Having Mallow come out to greet us when we first arrive on the island was more than enough for me to like her, having Kiawe and Lana show up to help with Mallow's trial also made them more memorable to me. I honestly almost forgot about Lima during my first play through of Moon, lol, he wasn't very memorable to me unfortunately (at least at first but now I like him). I enjoyed Sophacles' interactions with Malayne too. They all felt like actual characters to me in the game. Mina in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was definitely more memorable than her first appearance.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Acerola is definitely my favorite with Mallow as a close second.

I really enjoyed how S/M gave the captains larger roles in the story to make them more interesting. Having Mallow come out to greet us when we first arrive on the island was more than enough for me to like her, having Kiawe and Lana show up to help with Mallow's trial also made them more memorable to me. I honestly almost forgot about Lima during my first play through of Moon, lol, he wasn't very memorable to me unfortunately (at least at first but now I like him). I enjoyed Sophacles' interactions with Malayne too. They all felt like actual characters to me in the game. Mina in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was definitely more memorable than her first appearance.

Lima? You mean Ilima?