1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Alolan starter Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by KyogreThunder, Mar 28, 2019.

?

Which Alolan starter Pokemon did you like the best?

1. Rowlet

25 vote(s)
    49.0%
  2. Litten

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Popplio

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

In Pokemon Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, you begin your Pokemon journey with one of the three starter Pokemon: Rowlet, Litten or Popplio. Which one do you like the best and why? Please remember not to spam and explain your choice a bit.

2. Ishiftyounot

Ishiftyounot Master Procrastinator

I happen to love all 3 Alolan starter Pokemon! First generation since Gen 4 where that's happened, but honestly the themes and look and personalities added to the starters was wicked. Base stages wise I love Rowlet just a bit more than the other two, but Torracat and later Incineroar became my absolute favourites for their stages (the anime did help on this front). So I guess my favourite overall is the Litten line? I like cats, and the concealed emotions of Litten was an endearing concept. Incineroar being a big softie was also adorable, and Darkest Lariat + Malicious Moonsault is badass as hell.

3. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Rowlet. It likes staying up at night, I like staying up at night. It likes to sleep in the day, I like to sleep in the day. We have so much in common hahaha. Rowlet! The Pokemon that every person can relate!

wolf jani and Thakamizu like this.
  4. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

Litten: it’s a red and black cat. I like both of those irl so it was an instant pick. Torracat isn’t as appealing but it’s still cool. Incineroar is easily the best Alola starter: Decidueye is just bland but Primarina is definitely cool. The progression from Litten’s introverted nature to Incineroar is my favorite part of the line.

wolf jani likes this.
  5. Det. Viper

Det. Viper That’s Detective Viper to you

I had to go with Rowlet. I used Litten for my initial run in Sun and then gave Popplio a chance in Moon. Rounded out the three with Rowlet in Ultra Sun. Each has their own quirks but Rowlet / Decidueye is the most useful in a play through and also has the best design. So when I do my run of Ultra Moon I’ll have to pick Rowlet again.

6. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I'll go with Popplio, because I really like Primarina's design and high Special Attack. I like Rowlet, too, but Litten disappointed me, since I've never been a fan of Incineroar's hands and colour scheme.

OshyHikari and wolf jani like this.
  7. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

If we're talking the starter themselves, Rowlet because it is scientifically designed to be the most spherical, adorable thing in existence. If we're talking fully evolved, Incineroar because it is such a bruh and I like offensive types

derekrandall and wolf jani like this.
  8. Peter Harrison

Peter Harrison Well-Known Member

My favourite and one I picked was Litten

wolf jani and BTS_fan like this.
  9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Litten. It's literally the only one I've used.
    Every playthrough I've chosen Litten. A first for the series, I just don't like the other two at all. Apart from Decidueye, but not worth putting up with Rowlet/Dartrix to reach that point

wolf jani and Ignition like this.
  10. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Happy Holidays! Staff Member Moderator

I like all three. But I'm a softy for Litten. Rowlet comes in at a close second though. Wrestling cat and Bird Robin Hood, two really nice starters.

wolf jani and Ignition like this.
  11. PISTACHASI

PISTACHASI Member

I happen to love all 3 Alolan starter Pokemon! First generation since Gen 4 where that's happened, but honestly the themes and look and personalities added to the starters was wicked. Base stages wise I love Rowlet just a bit more than the other two, but Torracat and later Incineroar became my absolute favourites for their stages (the anime did help on this front). So I guess my favourite overall is the Litten line? I like cats, and the concealed emotions of Litten was an endearing concept. Incineroar being a big softie was also adorable, and Darkest Lariat + Malicious Moonsault is badass as hell.

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I'd have to pick Nyabby (Litten) since I generally prefer Fire-types, and also because Gaogaen (Incineroar) is such a cool-looking Pokemon. I don't dislike the other two Starters though, I just think Nyabby had a better evolutionary line.

13. Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Mega Ampharos the Dragon Electric type Enthusiast

Decidueye is perfect for me. When I got the game, I happened to have just finished the Harry Potter Series, so I nicknamed it Headwig. When my Rowlet evolved into Decidueye, I looked at the perfect things about it. It is a ghost type, since (spoiler alert) Headwig died in the last book. Oh, poor Headwig. Also, I noticed he seemed to have a "magic wand" where he shoots his Spirit Shackle. It may just be me who saw it. Also, I happen to like archery, and Decidueye does archery with his Spirit Shackle.

wolf jani and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  14. Saberu

Saberu Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that Popplio isn't more poppular! I love Brionne in particular. It's my second-favorite starter evolution ever, right after Blaziken. I love the ruffles so much! I'm always a little sad when it's time to evolve into Primarina.

I actually have a Brionne figure on my computer right now! I keep bumping into it as I type.

MockingJ, wolf jani and AvatarKorrina like this.
  15. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

Rowlet is my favorite out of the three since its whole family has a cool design. Decidieye being a Grass/Ghost archer is a unique but awesome combination.

Litten is my second favorite since Incineroar is based off a tiger. Granted I would have preferred it stay a quadraped but I'll take what we got. Even though it's not Fire/Fighting I taught it Brick Break to cover its weaknesses.

Popplio is my least favorite starter period... Primarina is the ugliest looking Pokemon I've ever seen. Visually theres's to much going on with its design that I dont like.

16. MrRickkerdos

MrRickkerdos Member

Rowlet was my favorite starter of the bunch. It looked so cute and got a badass final evolution. Had lots of fun with it while playing trough pokemon Sun.
    Litten was close to Rowlet, but I din't like his second form that much so that is why Rowlet won it from them. And didn't think that much about a starter which got dark as a secondary type.
    Loved the look of Popplio, but Primarina was very ugly. And I still don't like the new fairy type pokemon that much.

17. Fushiki

Fushiki Golden Orchid

Rowlet. Its whole evolutionary line looks simple all around and reminds me a bit of the first two Generations' style in terms of appearance. I also love how Decidueye's attitude, surrounded by a dark stillness, makes Rowlet's final evolution look like a green robe.

18. Alita54

Alita54 Well-Known Member

Among the stage 1 starters...

Litten>>Rowlet>>>Popplio

Among stage 2...

Brionne>>Torracat>>>Dartrix

Among stage 3...

Primarina>Decidueye>>>>>Incineroar

MockingJ, wolf jani and Leonhart like this.
  19. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I definitely think that Junaiper (Decidueye) has a cool design reminiscent of Robin Hood almost, and while I think that Mokuroh (Rowlet) is somewhat cute, I just find something really unappealing about Mokuroh's middle stage. I'm used to the middle stages of the Starters being unsightly, but in this case it's on a whole other level for me.

Ubermuk likes this.
  20. Fushiki

Fushiki Golden Orchid

I personally like Dartrix as it looks like a bigger and stronger Rowlet.

Ubermuk likes this.