1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Alolan starter Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by KyogreThunder, Mar 28, 2019.

?

Which Alolan starter Pokemon did you like the best?

1. Rowlet

25 vote(s)
    49.0%
  2. Litten

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Popplio

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. Shuriken Throw

Shuriken Throw Well-Known Member

Litten is my favourite starter. Its evolutions are cool and have some cool sets of moves.
    I picked Rowlet in every Gen 7 game I own.

Ubermuk likes this.
  2. NobleJanobii

NobleJanobii The Maddest Shaymim

I really like them all but it's probably a tie between Litten and Popplio? I like Rowlet too but the dark type starter and the opera singer design just kinda edge their way over Rowlet. Rowlet's so cute though so it's hard to decide.

3. wolf jani

wolf jani #ScorbunnySquad

Rowlet! I love how adorable it is. And decidueye is really cool with it's ghost archer theme.

Fushiki likes this.
  4. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

I was Team Popplio from the moment it was revealed, and Primarina further sealed that deal with combining two of my all-time favourite types. Still annoys me how everyone else seems to choose Rowlet, as I didn't feel the line was as good as I hoped.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Ubermuk and wolf jani like this.
  5. Pikachu979

Pikachu979 Sinnoh Champion

I personally love all 3 but i went with Popplio because of my love for Water starters

Ubermuk, OshyHikari and wolf jani like this.
  6. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Mine would probably be Litten. Although, I like Rowlet a lot, too. I used Rowlet in Ultra Sun, and Litten in Sun.

Ignition and wolf jani like this.
  7. airaid

airaid Wannabe Breeder

Everyone hated on Popplio, and I believe all 'Mons deserve a fair shake.

Also, Incineroar felt too much like another Fire/Fighting type for my tastes.

Ubermuk likes this.
  8. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

Incineroar is the one I like using the most, I'm using Popplio for the first time in my current playthrough of Ultra Sun, and it's only just evolved into Primarina today, so we shall see how much more I enjoy using it.

Ignition likes this.
  9. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

• First stage: Rowelt is way too adorable not to be on this list
    • Second stage: Dartix is adorable in how goofy it is, it knows mid-stage starters are goofy and roles with it
    • Third stage: Incineroar, who is bursting with personality

10. EmeraldArcanine

EmeraldArcanine #TeamScorbunny

Popplio, I was ALWAYS loyal to Popplio when I play 7th Gen. He was dorky looking but I found him so appealing and cute because of that, and his final evo Primarina being legit sealed the deal. He hasn't let me down in any playthrough ever since I got him. Plus Primarina's just so GORGEOUS okay.

Heck, the hate it got made me insistent on loving it even more, I hated the fanbase's immense immediate dislike for it, alongside the fact that they turn around and love its final evo as if they didn't spend months disliking it as much as they did. Me and my best friend was pretty protective of it as a result of the hate. And the same happens to Litten but in reverse just because it is bipedal in the final evo and "LOOKS FIRE/FIGHTING EVEN THOUGH IT ISN'T BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT SO IT'S TERRIBLE!!!11!1". It was irritating to see tbh. I get opinions change, but still it was annoying seeing the shift like that with such a dumb reason. And yes, the reason is dumb, a starter being bipedal in later stage is not the end of the world.

(IK it's a game but it does get tiresome to see the cycle happen over and over)

Ignition likes this.
  11. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

Mine changes between Litten and Popplio. I really liked Litten more at first and I chose it as my starter Pokemon in Moon, but recently I've begun to like Popplio more mostly because I like Primarina so much.

Ubermuk likes this.
  12. Paul1985

Paul1985 Ana de Armas fan

Rowlet is my favourite.

Ubermuk likes this.
  13. Baggie_Saiyan

Baggie_Saiyan Well-Known Member

It was Rowlett... but I then fell in love with Primarina during UM she was my clutch so I will say Popplio line now without a doubt. Design wise the two stages are meh but Primarina is majestic.

Absolutely do not like Litten at all.